**Official AMC show "The Walking Dead" Thread - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
What's the deal with the auto-zombie transformation? My gf thought maybe Shane rubbed zombie flesh on the dude's wounds on his wrists, but that doesnt explain Shane transforming.

Dec 4, 2006
What's the deal with the auto-zombie transformation? My gf thought maybe Shane rubbed zombie flesh on the dude's wounds on his wrists, but that doesnt explain Shane transforming.
from a bite it takes a while, but if you die from something else..they transform into zombies between 10-30 minutes..

that was explained in the lab ...

Dec 4, 2006
good shit. I too wonder what's causing the dead to transform. Remember a couple episodes back shane found those two dead bodies and said there were no bite marks.
dude in the lab explained it...

its airborne, they all have the virus ..but it only kicks in when you die or get bitten ..

Apr 23, 2010
great show tonight. im glad they showed that if you die no matter how like the kids broken neck you come back as a zombie.

at the end were they by their farm or another one?

oh never mind i watched it again and saw the house had lights on lol they fucked

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
from a bite it takes a while, but if you die from something else..they transform into zombies between 10-30 minutes..

that was explained in the lab ...
HUH?

So those pathogens are just out there floating around, waiting to transform everyone? Why in the hell does the show exist, then? Everyone has had an open wound. The chemistry would apply the same regardless of them living or dying.

Daryl even made mention that Randall wasn't bitten, was confused by it, AND was in the lab when the CDC guy was explaining everything.

There's a snag somewhere.

Shane killing that guy was off-camera, which makes no sense unless something is being concealed from our view for a reason.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
C'mon, man. Everybody knew that shit was gonna go down.

His face was all beaten, Rick's wasn't; The Governor character is a foil to Rick, and David Morrissey has probably signed a full season contract; Shane had a face turn when trying to convince Rick to deal with Carl; and lastly, he's likely already signed a role as a cop or mobster in L.A. Noir.

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
Even after all that at the end I've almost fully lost interest in Rick's struggle, his family, and the whole farm setting.

Let's have T-Dog swoop a harley, put on the cape and grab maggie (sorry glen you werent bout it though), and ride off with daryl to some mad max bartertown. yup yup

lol

Dec 4, 2006
L.D.S. if you don't like the show...

why do you still watch it? lol

watch the lab episode in season 1 again and you'll get the answer there..

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I love the show, but a lot of the plot holes are sloppy. Darabont and other writers removal from the show is really showing now.

You can breath the zombie-infested air, but you can't be bitten or die in it? That's fucking stupid, season one explanation or not. Tyrone had a festering wound, only for it to magically heal, get into a big fight with zombie blood flying everywhere, yet he's still around acting like the token black guy, hanging out in the corner and riding out his contract until it's his time to go.

You mean to tell me that they've been living at that compound for weeks, had a gigantic shootout at the barn, made a bunch of fucking noise with all their guns and ammo going off, and only that one shot Carl fired off enticed a bunch of dormant, lying-low-at-the-end-of-the-pasture zombies to come lumbering out of the woods to reek havoc on the farm?

That's poor writing.

Having Shane come to a balancing point, only to suddenly have his biggest psychotic shift, then kill him in the same episode isn't better writing than watching Lori pout about being pregnant for six episodes, flip her fucking car, and STILL manage to be pregnant? They should have drug his psychosis out, not meddled in it until it was appropriate for a single episode's diagram.

This isn't LOST. Tying together a bunch of plot holes three seasons down the road is not how this show was written from its inception.

Let me know when any of these poor writing choices make perfect sense and there's a justifiable reason to have hope that the writing will pick up and be tight again like it was in the first season.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Besides, DFresh, I'm always critical before I'm satisfied.

You'll probably never read anything from me saying different episodes were "excellent", unless they met my criteria.

The show's a slippery slope of great cinematography, silly dialogue, soap opera bullshit, and occasional amazingness.

Sep 24, 2006
I love the show, but a lot of the plot holes are sloppy. Darabont and other writers removal from the show is really showing now.

You can breath the zombie-infested air, but you can't be bitten or die in it? That's fucking stupid, season one explanation or not. Tyrone had a festering wound, only for it to magically heal, get into a big fight with zombie blood flying everywhere, yet he's still around acting like the token black guy, hanging out in the corner and riding out his contract until it's his time to go.

You mean to tell me that they've been living at that compound for weeks, had a gigantic shootout at the barn, made a bunch of fucking noise with all their guns and ammo going off, and only that one shot Carl fired off enticed a bunch of dormant, lying-low-at-the-end-of-the-pasture zombies to come lumbering out of the woods to reek havoc on the farm?
That's poor writing.

Having Shane come to a balancing point, only to suddenly have his biggest psychotic shift, then kill him in the same episode isn't better writing than watching Lori pout about being pregnant for six episodes, flip her fucking car, and STILL manage to be pregnant? They should have drug his psychosis out, not meddled in it until it was appropriate for a single episode's diagram.

This isn't LOST. Tying together a bunch of plot holes three seasons down the road is not how this show was written from its inception.

Let me know when any of these poor writing choices make perfect sense and there's a justifiable reason to have hope that the writing will pick up and be tight again like it was in the first season.
in the beginning of the episode herschel says that the swamp is about to dry up. so the swamp will no longer be trapping the walkers and thats probably how they are trying to say all the walkers are now showing up. Sounds pretty stupid but thats how they will try to explain away that part.

Dec 4, 2006
Trust me...I am critical about the show as well..

like you said..they've used their guns before around the barn and zombies didn't show up......

but in another episode they said all them zombies travel in packs, so the zombies were traveling towards the barn when Carl fired the shot.

I don't care much about how the writers are slowly fucking up the show, I still manage to enjoy it and their plot its getting better. Once season 2 it's over, in season 3 they'll go somewhere else and I am we'll see more action...