NAACP leader outed as being 100% white

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
dudes already been in a sociology textbook:

Ebony article Jun 1984
https://books.google.com/books?id=5...ATI24HgBw&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

People article
June 11, 1984
Vol. 21
No. 23

Whether He's Black or White, the Voters Want Stebbins to Stay

His ancestors were white. His parents are white. His brother and four sisters are white. Yet against the weight of all this whiteness, and his own pale blue eyes and light complexion, Mark Stebbins insists he's black. His ethnic identity became a vexing public dispute last fall when Stebbins, 41, ran for political office. Campaigning as a black in a heavily black and Hispanic district of Stockton, Calif., Stebbins won a seat on the city council.

The defeated incumbent is indisputably black, and indignant. "Stebbins is a white guy with a perm," scoffs Ralph Lee White, also 41. He accuses his rival of "defrauding" District 9's impoverished voters by pretending to share their minority heritage—a reverse case of trying to "pass." The voters have just delivered their verdict: Stebbins is the man for them. Last month a recall vote engineered by the vociferous White ended in a resounding victory for Stebbins.

The contretemps began last year when Stebbins, an $18,000-a-year community organizer, appeared before the Stockton Chapter of the Black American Political Association of California. The question of race was raised and when pressed, Stebbins claimed he was black.

"It's bizarre," says Stockton Mayor Randy Ronk, a Stebbins supporter. "I'll be honest about that." Stebbins' lawyer, the Rev. Robert Edward Green, admits, "I have never really received a satisfactory explanation from Mark."

Some think that Stebbins might have claimed Martian citizenship and still unseated White, a nightclub owner and millionaire bail bondsman, whose popularity has dwindled since he was first elected in 1971 on a civil rights platform. A onetime cotton picker and self-described "ex-hustler," White was said to be more interested lately in his lucrative business interests than in the chores of office. In 1979 the flamboyant entrepreneur built a 27-room mansion—complete with tennis court and swimming pool—in the shadow of a low-income housing project. "White is the best known, least liked and least trusted politician in Stockton," says Mayor Ronk. "He's an embarrassment."

"Ralph is wrapped up in Ralph," says Mable Hurdle, 66, a black who supported Stebbins. "Mark is concerned with all people."

Stebbins stubbornly declines to explain why he considers himself black. Born in the rural Washington town of Colville, he came to a gradual realization, he says, that he was wrongly labeled, in a racial sense. At Washington State University he was active in the civil rights movement. He later enlisted in a variety of community organizing projects, arriving in Stockton in 1965 to help with the United Farm Workers' boycott. About that time Stebbins decided he was black, "culturally, socially and genetically."

Needless to say, his mother, Neta, is supportive but puzzled by her son's claim. To hear her tell it, Mark's racial conversion was like one of Archie Bunker's worst nightmares about the seductiveness of ethnic foods. "He came down here," she remembers, "tried some hot soul food and decided, 'Wow, this is for me.' Now he feels he's genetically black."

Neither Neta nor her husband, Vern, a retired farm-board employee, has any black ancestors that they're aware of. Mark is somewhat darker and has kinkier hair than their other children, but few people would mistake him for black. "I have a little trouble figuring out where he's coming from," says Vern, "but I'm not going to argue with him."

In fact the parents see a bit of humor in their son's racial transformation. "I've got a daughter who hopes to go to Turkey as a missionary—she really identifies with Turkish people," says Neta. "But," adds a smiling Vern, "she hasn't said she's a turkey yet."

In 1967 Mark married a white woman. They had two children, who are being reared as white. The couple was divorced in 1974. Stebbins' second marriage, to a black woman, produced two children who are being reared as black. That union ended in 1981. The same year, he met his current wife, Jennet Moses, 37, a realtor. To Jennet, who is black, all questions about her husband's background were resolved long ago. "I know he's black," she says.

It wasn't always that way. "When I first met Mark," she recalls, "I thought he was Jewish."
good find.
i got a intercultural class coming up and i look forward to discussing this

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
KAREEM ABDUL-JABBAR:
Just Like Rachel Dolezal ...
I'VE BEEN LIVING A LIE

NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was inspired by Rachel Dolezal ... and even Caitlyn Jenner ... to step forward and reveal a huge secret of his own.
Kareem said, "I've decided to come out with the truth. I am not tall (#shortstuff)" ... in a Time article.
The absurd, and clearly tongue-in-cheek confession ... came in an op-ed piece Kareem wrote about Dolezal ... hours after her resignation from her NAACP presidency. Abdul-Jabbar added, "Although I've been claiming to be 7'2" for many decades, the truth is that I'm 5'8"."
Seriously though ... Kareem gives Dolezal props for all she's done for the black community, and suggests she should get a pass for her white lie -- or as he put it, "a Bill Clinton Get Out of Jail Free card."
Funny stuff ... for Kareem.

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
KAREEM ABDUL-JABBAR:
Just Like Rachel Dolezal ...
I'VE BEEN LIVING A LIE

NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was inspired by Rachel Dolezal ... and even Caitlyn Jenner ... to step forward and reveal a huge secret of his own.
Kareem said, "I've decided to come out with the truth. I am not tall (#shortstuff)" ... in a Time article.
The absurd, and clearly tongue-in-cheek confession ... came in an op-ed piece Kareem wrote about Dolezal ... hours after her resignation from her NAACP presidency. Abdul-Jabbar added, "Although I've been claiming to be 7'2" for many decades, the truth is that I'm 5'8"."
Seriously though ... Kareem gives Dolezal props for all she's done for the black community, and suggests she should get a pass for her white lie -- or as he put it, "a Bill Clinton Get Out of Jail Free card."
Funny stuff ... for Kareem.
smh @ cream being transsize

::

Props: Defy and Defy
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Rachel Dolezal sued Howard University for discrimination

Dolezal’s lawsuit against Howard, a historically black university, alleged that the university denied her a teaching assistant job, further employment and a scholarship because she was white. The lawsuit also claimed that Professor Alfred Smith, chair of the Art Department, specifically kept Dolezal from serving as a teaching assistant one semester and removed some of her artwork from a student exhibition because of racial prejudice.

Read more: Rachel Dolezal sued Howard University for discrimination - Adam B. Lerner - POLITICO

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
We had a member of our own forums do the same thing, so well that after they passed away, the police even identified him as a "black male".