Mortal Kombat

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2005
It's because they completely changed Liu Kang's Moves. They used to be all F,F moves, now they are B, F. It turns him from a highly offensive fighter in the original games to a more all around fighter, which sucks ass. Plus, his combos fucking suck.

Quan Chi is very weak against the bicycle kick, Scorpion is weak against cross over combos.
What exactly do you mean by cross over combos?

I haven't played MK since MKII and the only fighting game between this and MKII was Dead or Alive 4 lol.

Aug 16, 2003
What exactly do you mean by cross over combos?

I haven't played MK since MKII and the only fighting game between this and MKII was Dead or Alive 4 lol.
Thats kind of what I was wondering. I think they mean hitting an opponent then trying to get behind them really fast and going to an uppercut or sweep.

I still cant bean Shao Kahn..that fool is cheap as hell lol..

As for beating Scorpion and Quan Chi I think I just had to muscle through those guys. Im in the same boat with Liu Kang..Im not a fan of him in this game at all.

I beat them by timing my jump kicks at the same time they tried to get up and spamming that shit till they were dead lol.

Jun 24, 2005
Thats kind of what I was wondering. I think they mean hitting an opponent then trying to get behind them really fast and going to an uppercut or sweep.

I still cant bean Shao Kahn..that fool is cheap as hell lol..

As for beating Scorpion and Quan Chi I think I just had to muscle through those guys. Im in the same boat with Liu Kang..Im not a fan of him in this game at all.

I beat them by timing my jump kicks at the same time they tried to get up and spamming that shit till they were dead lol.
I turned that shit off earlier and then went and did other shit. I came back and beat them assholes after only a couple more tries. I think I spammed the shit out of the Bicycle Kick and the Flying Kick.

I was fighting Shao Kahn with Baraka and he kept kicking my ass with cheap ass shit. Then I realized if I keep some distance between us, he taunts A LOT, so I spammed him with the Blade Spark. I haven't played with Raiden yet, but I think he has the ranged Lightning attack. Try using the same tactic I used.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
A cross over combo is where you jump over the guy and hit him from behind before you land. If you do it with the punches, you can go right into a combo from the jump punch. It works really well against Shao Khan because he will either do the dragon punch thing and miss, or he will taunt.

Shao Khan likes to throw that unblockable hammer against Raiden's lightning for some reason.

Jun 24, 2005
Any tips on how to kill Shao Kahn with Raiden? I hate playing with him and so far Im getting the shit kicked out of me lol
I'm at Shao Kahn now and he's fucking kicking my ass. I don't think I could even manage to win a single round against him.

A cross over combo is where you jump over the guy and hit him from behind before you land. If you do it with the punches, you can go right into a combo from the jump punch. It works really well against Shao Khan because he will either do the dragon punch thing and miss, or he will taunt.

Shao Khan likes to throw that unblockable hammer against Raiden's lightning for some reason.
Thanks for explanation.

I can't seem to string together any crossover combos. The thing that really makes him tough is throws don't work against him that I've been able to tell.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
ahhh yes shao kahn an raiden..i know it well....fuckin nightmare...shao kahn is cheap cheap cheap...the fact that half of anything you do will go blocked by him flashing...and then that sledgehammer...i was getting knocked around forever...

but basically what i did after trying to be cool was just keep jumping over him do a 2-3 hit combo finished by his electric grab move..wait a few seconds and then jump back over him...this part was all about timing otherwise the sledgehammer uppercut was inevitable...if he does the shoulder move in the air you can time the jump and hit him in the air...its also a good idea to try and get that first hit of the round to get your meter boosted...the xray is your friend..doesnt take a lot of hid health down but it helps..after that x ray dont get to close he'll counter and run a train on your ass...

basically the whole match is all about spam and lots of spam and some timing...watch his patterns , learn to be offensive while staying defensive...this fight is bitch...

Oct 9, 2008
Just got this game today! Bought the PS3 version just for kratos.. Started using him and was getting my ass beat! He ain't got no reach and i haven't learned his moves! So i switched to sub-zero and figured out a few of his moves, went through the whole ladder.

How the fuck do you do the slow-mo bone break moves?? Did you guys buy the guide or something? The tutorial doesn't tell you shit about anyones moves except fatalities!

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
Just got this game today! Bought the PS3 version just for kratos.. Started using him and was getting my ass beat! He ain't got no reach and i haven't learned his moves! So i switched to sub-zero and figured out a few of his moves, went through the whole ladder.

How the fuck do you do the slow-mo bone break moves?? Did you guys buy the guide or something? The tutorial doesn't tell you shit about anyones moves except fatalities!
true story..if you hit pause there it shows the complete move list for whatever character you selected...

x-ray moves can only be performed when your meter at the bottom of the screen is max and shows X...when its peaked get the opponent in a position where they wont / cant block it and hit the L2+R2 buttons together...you will unleash fury

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
^^ he knows this well.

i havent started the story mode yet.. is kahn more difficult in that than he is in the ladder? or is it basically the same?

i know all too well of the nightmare that comes at the end of story mode

the ladder is a cake walk compared to the end of story mode...this match is awful...its cheap in every way...

Aug 16, 2003
ahhh yes shao kahn an raiden..i know it well....fuckin nightmare...shao kahn is cheap cheap cheap...the fact that half of anything you do will go blocked by him flashing...and then that sledgehammer...i was getting knocked around forever...

but basically what i did after trying to be cool was just keep jumping over him do a 2-3 hit combo finished by his electric grab move..wait a few seconds and then jump back over him...this part was all about timing otherwise the sledgehammer uppercut was inevitable...if he does the shoulder move in the air you can time the jump and hit him in the air...its also a good idea to try and get that first hit of the round to get your meter boosted...the xray is your friend..doesnt take a lot of hid health down but it helps..after that x ray dont get to close he'll counter and run a train on your ass...

basically the whole match is all about spam and lots of spam and some timing...watch his patterns , learn to be offensive while staying defensive...this fight is bitch...
I finally beat his ass this morning but it was a bitch. I ended up spamming my electricity throw and the superman shit. I also learned to time my teleport around projectiles and hit him with uppercuts until i filled my X Ray meter. I got pretty good at teleporting then doing my X ray to knock off chunks of life but he was still a bitch. It took me another 30 min to finally knock his ass out lol..

Other then the last boss fight I was impressed with story mode. Now on the challenge tower before I go online

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
I finally beat his ass this morning but it was a bitch. I ended up spamming my electricity throw and the superman shit. I also learned to time my teleport around projectiles and hit him with uppercuts until i filled my X Ray meter. I got pretty good at teleporting then doing my X ray to knock off chunks of life but he was still a bitch. It took me another 30 min to finally knock his ass out lol..

Other then the last boss fight I was impressed with story mode. Now on the challenge tower before I go online
props to to you...story mode is pretty good...my only questions are, is that now the official story? and how many characters wont be returning because of it

Aug 16, 2003
props to to you...story mode is pretty good...my only questions are, is that now the official story? and how many characters wont be returning because of it
I think this is the official story/retelling up until MK3. In MK4 thats where shit started getting cheesy with Zombie Liu Kang and Zombie Cage. I stopped playing it and following the story around that games release. Im sure they will do another game like this one since it ends with the Netherworld trying to invade earth.

If I remember right everyone ends up coming back in one way or another because of Raiden. Im sure he finds a way to bring everyone that died back..but I cant think of how at the moment

Oct 27, 2008
the lag is miserable when i tried...it was pointless...wait a few weeks ...hopefully...its in bad form though to not be ready for online play the day of release....
i really hope they fix it. that's death to any fighting game. luckily there's alot of single player shit to do for now. i doubt the MK team will just say fuck it & not make an effort to fix the problem though. they're no EA.

i wish Test Your Luck was online.