just got a new cell phone (blackberry)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
ok, i jus got on tmobile recently, whats the phone to get then? an if anything girl said i can can opp out if i want so leme know, is this service good? whats the best phone
T-mobile uses cingulars towers ( cingular not att hence they only use the 1900 feq band ) it really depends on where you are. One of my brothers has T-mobile in chicago and he has no problem with service.

As far as phones it all depends on what you need. My bro has the Shadow which is made by HTC, its a great phone but it only has a 200mhz processor so it lags sometimes, the wing is nice ( also made by HTC ) and of course the blackberry curve is one of the best. I dont care for the sidekicks, my home girl just got the new side kick slide I was checking it out last night, and I do not like that phone at all, but that is just my opinion.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
I like the curve alot, but the curve does not have T9. I dont mind typeing things out but I right very long text's and I send 2000 or so a month, so it woukld get old real quick. Other than that the phone is the business.

Mar 4, 2006
i believe blackberries have learning predictive text which is way better that t9. a blackberry could learn a new language if you made one up that's what learning predictive text means that every time you type a word it's in the phone's memory bank.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
i believe blackberries have learning predictive text which is way better that t9. a blackberry could learn a new language if you made one up that's what learning predictive text means that every time you type a word it's in the phone's memory bank.
Blackberries do not have T9, but they have auto spell or text or something I forget of hand, where it will respell misspelled words. But its not the same as T9. I need to look into it a little more. Any curve user's here that can comment?

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Blackberries do not have T9, but they have auto spell or text or something I forget of hand, where it will respell misspelled words. But its not the same as T9. I need to look into it a little more. Any curve user's here that can comment?
I don't see the need for t9 when you have a full qwerty keyboard. I can type pretty damn fast on my 8830. Now predictive text is on the pearl, that's because it has two letters per key. It's actually really good with recognizing words.

Mar 4, 2006
I don't see the need for t9 when you have a full qwerty keyboard. I can type pretty damn fast on my 8830. Now predictive text is on the pearl, that's because it has two letters per key. It's actually really good with recognizing words.
yeah this guy is right. the blackberries with more than one letter on each key have learning predictive text. on the blackberries with a full keyboard there's no need for any type of predictive text.

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.grim64131.freeservers.com
I got Verizon's N-V phone, but considering going with the "Blackberry" since my neighbor got one and I was messin' with it...real nice.

...but I'm not the type to play catch up with the Jones'. I'm just a simple man, or as some may say in spanish...codo LOL!!!!! ;)
thats what I had, I had the original ENV which was called the V....I loved that phone, didnt like the new EnV or any other phones they had....love my blackberry so far...dont have to pay for ring tones or anything like that, just go and download it from wherever for free...alot of free games....can get whatever type of theme I want for my phone. Even have one that has the windows theme where you click the start button to get to your menu like windows has...its pretty tight

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.grim64131.freeservers.com
im thinkin about coppin one. whats the perks of a blackberry? i heard you cant get picture messages

its weird, depending on what cell phone company you with depends on what services are on it...The MMS is not activated on the sprint phones but it works on everyone else...the blackberry has a built in GPS system that is for free, gives you turn by turn directions and shows where you are on the map...its free for everyone but people on verizon...there are a few other little things like that...but you would be amazed at what this phone does...I got this little pouch/holster that senses if the phone is in it or not and automatically turns it to vibrate when I put it in the pouch and turns it to ringer when its out. But you can also edit those settings, it has a million different settings and options its insane, I spent the first week messing with stuff, wasnt a hassle just kind fun playing with all the settings.

also it has a blackberry messenger which you add other people who have blackberrys and you can send them text message, files, voice memo's etc all for free, doesnt cost you any text messages or anything like that, plus you arent limited to the 160 characters text messages are. Also you can download yahoo messenger, aim, msn, google messenger, etc and use those

Nov 20, 2005
what rate plans are available for the iphone? i was on the at&t site and it wouldnt let you choose any plans until you actually had the iphone in your hand. wtf kinda shit is that?

~k.