just got a new cell phone (blackberry)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.grim64131.freeservers.com
yeah this guy is right. the blackberries with more than one letter on each key have learning predictive text. on the blackberries with a full keyboard there's no need for any type of predictive text.
yeah im not sure about the ones that have a full keyboard but the pearl has auto text which corrects mispelled words for you and then it has "Sure Type" which learns what words you use the most often and puts them in for you as you type, it has a drop down menu that shows like 5 words each time you start typing them and you just roll and click on it and it puts it in...takes about 2 days to get use to but you can roll on text messages like no other since it learns what words you type the most and even when you read your emails online it picks up on words in that also...You can download a finance, marketing or medical word bank also that expands the word bank even more to those specific fields since they have words that are kind of out of the norm

Dec 11, 2002

I just got my Cing/AT&T bill today... I'm lookin' at the iPhone plan and I'm like hoooold up.. lets compare my Treo 750 with that there iPhone..

iPhone:
$59.99 - 450 anytime mins, 5000 night/weekend mins, 200 SMS texts <thats it?
$40- Unlimited data and texts

= $99.99

Treo:
$59.99 - 900 anytime, unlimited m2m, unlimited night/weekend mins
$8.99 - 7pm-7am -nighttime mins
$43.32 - Unlimited Data incl texts
+ taxes and bullshit

= $128.44

I sent 3219 texts (I'm usually right there.. between 3000-3500) and have 5289 rollover mins available (that I'll never use)..

Hmmm..

OMG.

Is that BEJEWELED thats available on the iPhone..??? ...sold..! :cheeky:

Jun 15, 2005
@ Mark 7 (cuz I'm knowing you're the phone guy):

My wife wants to cop one of these phones, but she wants to get two lines: one for personal, one for business. Question is...is it possible to have two lines running on one phone?

If not, (to anyone) what would be the best option to make this work with one phone?

Jun 21, 2006
Just got an iPhone a few weeks ago. Having mobile internet, e-mail, traffic, weather and maps is definitely a big plus. Step by step directions on how to get somewhere? No problem. And now they got these web apps that you can add to your phone. I just got the battleship app haha, now I'll never be bored.
Smartphones the way to go.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
@ Mark 7 (cuz I'm knowing you're the phone guy):

My wife wants to cop one of these phones, but she wants to get two lines: one for personal, one for business. Question is...is it possible to have two lines running on one phone?

If not, (to anyone) what would be the best option to make this work with one phone?
You would have to get a phone that has dual sim cards. You would have to get one unlocked as att or anyone of the american providers do not carry any at the moment.

Nov 20, 2005
I just got my Cing/AT&T bill today... I'm lookin' at the iPhone plan and I'm like hoooold up.. lets compare my Treo 750 with that there iPhone..

iPhone:
$59.99 - 450 anytime mins, 5000 night/weekend mins, 200 SMS texts <thats it?
$40- Unlimited data and texts

= $99.99
wrong. from what i can see on the apple plan is that data is already included. so where did you get that extra $40 from?

also, the fine print says: *More SMS text messages can be added to any plan. so im sure thats going to be under $20.

Treo:
$59.99 - 900 anytime, unlimited m2m, unlimited night/weekend mins
$8.99 - 7pm-7am -nighttime mins
$43.32 - Unlimited Data incl texts
+ taxes and bullshit

= $128.44
shoulda got sprint. i pay under $100.

~k.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
You would have to get a phone that has dual sim cards. You would have to get one unlocked as att or anyone of the american providers do not carry any at the moment.

the dual sim thing has ALOT of problems. There are certain phones that have the ability to hold 2 (but only one will work at a time) and then there are these wackjob "mods" you can do that aren't worth the time.

Even if you do buy one of these unlocked phones with that ability, it won't have the 850 band which will GREATLY reduce your coverage in the US

So technically? Yes....Is it worth it? HELL NO

Nov 24, 2003
No picture texts.. no multi recipient text... thats some bullshit... I'll stick with my Treo..

Just wait for the next iphone.

I have had my iphone for a couple weeks now and I wouldn't consider fucking with anything else. The features of the phone far outway the drawbacks.

Once they make a lot of the upgrades mentioned in this thread, I am definitely gonna upgrade to the next version though. Oh and definitely jailbreak the phone so you can dl video game emulators.

Dec 11, 2002
wrong. from what i can see on the apple plan is that data is already included. so where did you get that extra $40 from?

also, the fine print says: *More SMS text messages can be added to any plan. so im sure thats going to be under $20.

shoulda got sprint. i pay under $100.

~k.

Umm.. try going to the existing customers tab... it says clear as day $40 for unlimited..

Sprint has shit service out here... I wouldnt switch carriers...

Dec 11, 2002
Just wait for the next iphone.

I have had my iphone for a couple weeks now and I wouldn't consider fucking with anything else. The features of the phone far outway the drawbacks.

Once they make a lot of the upgrades mentioned in this thread, I am definitely gonna upgrade to the next version though. Oh and definitely jailbreak the phone so you can dl video game emulators.

...that sounds like a plan.. hopefully it will be available when I'm able to upgrade in March..

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
the dual sim thing has ALOT of problems. There are certain phones that have the ability to hold 2 (but only one will work at a time) and then there are these wackjob "mods" you can do that aren't worth the time.

Even if you do buy one of these unlocked phones with that ability, it won't have the 850 band which will GREATLY reduce your coverage in the US

So technically? Yes....Is it worth it? HELL NO

Yeah I havent read up on them to much, I know they have them in europe but that all I know about them.

Nov 20, 2005
Umm.. try going to the existing customers tab... it says clear as day $40 for unlimited..

Sprint has shit service out here... I wouldnt switch carriers...
fuck that then. i'll stay with sprint if they charge me $40 for unlimited lol

that sucks ma. good luck!

~k.