Is it just me or is san diego shittin on the bay right now (music wise)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Al-Kaholik said:
Actually more people have heard of southern california than northern when it comes to rappers.
Yea, more people have heard LOS ANGELES rap, and maybe Jayo. Not a lot of people are up on the game in the Bay OR Diego, everybodys in the same boat tryin to get exposure.

...Word...
Ras Kass is from southern CA
He'll Ripp 99% of the emcees out there (Including on the east)

Crooked is far from wack, he keeps it gangsta
Tell me who dont Listen to Xzibit?

And Lil Rob is gettin Airplay on mainstream radio all the way in Houston, Tx
How the hell did that happen? oh well it did...

The bay area has heat, but is lacking in many ways
Underground Wise, The Bay is pretty sick
But the only hits swangin' outa CAL are comin outa southern CAL

Sacramento has heat, they just havin a mal function right now.
But seriously, Sacramento only made like 2 hits ever

Jul 12, 2002
Lyrisicc said:
...Word...
Ras Kass is from southern CA
He'll Ripp 99% of the emcees out there (Including on the east)

Crooked is far from wack, he keeps it gangsta
Tell me who dont Listen to Xzibit?

LOL..............

Name 99 % of the Rappers Ras Kass Will " RIP " ........that are " True " lyricists & are reconized for being lyricists

That arent commercial ...............

Crooked I is cool

Xzibit is Garbage.....................

Rappers in Northern Cali Aint Reckonized ?

Too $hort aint reconized ?

E-feezy aint Reconized ?

Brotha Lynch aint Reconized ?

C-bo aint reconized ?

Lol................

@ Tooper I aint hatin...............

Just speakin my opinion....................

& Gansta Rap is Garbage..............

like I said 75 % of Rappers from the WEST are garbage.......

Only rap about how " real " they claim to be & only rap about they hoods ........

That shit dont take no thought.....................

Funny how " CALI'S " Most Reconized Rapper was from Brooklyn.........lol

I havent EVEN heard any niggaz out the west who can touch Canibus.........

Or Cormegga...............

Niggaz from the west dont use punchlines . They dont use metaphors , they just talk shit.........

West Rap = " I'm Real cuzz , we the realist cuzz "

" I peal yo cap cuz im from da west cuzz "

" i stay blued up blah blah blah "

The west has been singin da same song since NWA

Yall "Need" to have more rappers out there like CrookED I & Ras Kass , cuz those are the only niggaz i can actually listen to who dont have every single song involving " fuck yo set homie , we real blah blah blah "...........:devious:

May 10, 2002
SORRY TO BREAK YALL BUT THE NORTHERN CALI RAPPERS ARE FAR SUPERIOR THEN SOUTHERN CALI RAPPERS,

YALL CAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT BUT AINT NONE OF THEM SOUTHERN CALI RAPPERS FUCKEN WITH C-BO, KILLA TAY, SAN QUINN, BROTHA LYNCH, HOLLOW TIP, YUKMOUTH, E-40, X-RAIDED, KEAD DA SNEAK, LUNI CORLEONE, GANGSTA DRE, AP9 AND THE MOB FIGAZ, FULLY LOADED, MR. KEE, THE GAMBLAZ, JT THE BIGGA FIGGA (EVEN THOUGH HE RECYCLES A LOT), CELLSKI, ANDRE NICKATINA, AND OTHERS I MIGHT HAVE FORGOT TO MENTION,

NO AREA CAN FUCK WITH THAT LINE UP I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS!!!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
@solo tip....you been smokin too much of that dirt weed and spending too much time listening to "cannabis"...becuz for you to categorize west coast rap as..."i gang bang cuzz...i bust caps cuzz...i get buzzed cuzz" is probably the most stereotypical nonsense ive seen on this board thus far.....

first off.....you categorizing west coast rappers as all being crips...which is hilarious to say the least...secondly....gangsta rap is garbage?...that all depends who you ask....you never heard any gangsta rap that was lyrically heated?...wow...what the fuck you on this web site for?...musta been up on somethin..this site was started from fans of "gangsta rap"...besides what do u categorize as gangsta rap?...folks who blatantly announce there gang affiliation on every track?...becuz if you do.,..than you havent heard much...becuz that kind of "g-rap" makes up only a small percent of what some would call gangsta rap...lyrically heated gangsta rappers: hollow tip...yukmouth....gangsta dre....lunaSICC(sorry i still refer to him this way).....c-bo.......woodie...shadow.....etc..etc....the list can go on...

you sound like a "wish i was from the east coast" type fella to me...becuz you stating shit like "noone from the west can fuck with cannabis or cormega" is fuckin faulty...remember..you may listen to alot of shit from the bay/cali...but you are far from hearing it ALL....take some peoples advice and go soak up some of these west coast artists being named....becuz you are knocking san diego rap but you openly admit to hearing nothing but jayo felony...how can you judge what you havent heard?

as far as the topic at hand...im more of a bay area fan myself...but theres no denying the heat comin out of diego...i havnet got to hear much of it..but i know its alot of talent all over cali..North/South and central

Jul 10, 2002
FAR SUPERIOR THEN
original post by playa510

that don't make sense... But u a bitch 2.

Is yall 2 dumb 2 recognize that there r tight rappers from each region??? Aint no 1 area superior 2 another. It's an individual thang

@MTown... I agree with ever word u sayin

Nov 14, 2002
@ SoloTip: You a marc homy. Have you ever even listened to a Daygo record? Do you even know who tha fucc niggas like Ecay, CS, and Mitch are? Oviously not since you claim all we rap about is gansgta shit. Not only is CS one of the best lryically in Daygo, but he shits on most NoCal artists. You forced me to say that. But fucc alla the hating, as I said earlier the whole damned West gotta come together. Whe you think about it only LA niggas be gettin real airplay, and niggas from the Bay and Daygo gotta get out there too. Next time think before you go runnin yo mouth cuzz. ~~1~~

Jul 12, 2002
Garbage Reigion .

It is a majority Thang .............

The MAJORITY of Niggaz from da west are UNCREATIVE............

I aint seen knobody NAME ANY LYRICISTS..........all I hear is niggaz BITCHIN...........

Yall've had them same ass rappers...........

FOR YEARS.............

CHeck This Out..........

To Prove my point......

I will Let a Few of you post your LYRICISTS FROM THE WEST.........( since I know about 6 of yall is gonna reply over & over wit those same GARBAGE ass niggaz )

For Every " West Coast Lyricist " you name I will Name 2 Niggaz from da East Coast or Midwest who will dismiss those uncreative niggaz.....................lol........

Can yall Even Name 15 " true " Lyricists from the West ?

Not no........

" Im from womp womp City , we da realist BLOOD !!!! "

LOL

What Made you think I " Wish " i was from the EAST COAST .

Do you know Where I'm From ? Must have been anger speaking huh ?

Lol..........

You name only Canibus, Cormegga .

The same ass old niggaz from the LEFT COAST.............

How old is snoop & Dre ?

How old is E-40 ?

How old is too short ?

How old is C-bo ?

How Old is Lynch ?

How old is Killa Tay ?

How old is XZIBIT ?

How Old IS Ras Kass ?

How Old IS KURUPT ?

How Old IS DAZ ?

^ Thats Lyricism ? Warren G is Raw ?

Lol...........them niggaz is all in they Mid 30's.........

Over the hill ass niggaz.........wit familys...............

by the way nate dogg cant sing.................& he is also old as base ball .......lol

Where yall NEW YOUNG TALENT ?

Where the new young Niggaz wit heat comin out ? WHere them niggaz at ?

Gimmie some names.....................

Name a MAJOR record label in cali besides.......

Death who ?

..........Death what......

Pac had ta ROW ( lol ) some talent out that way after he moved from NY where he was raised and moved to the west when he was about 18.......for those of you who didnt know..........

All I ever see from the west is screamin them same ass niggaz names in arguments for YEARS.......neva no NEW , Raw niggaz..........

Just...........

The.......

Same.......

Garbage.........:dead:

THe Only NEW nigga Out of Cali I can HONESTLY say Has ANY lyrics in his BRAIN is CROOKED I ............

besides that................

well........

You know..................

.:devious:

Apr 25, 2002
West Coast Lyricists:
Kurupt
Rass Kass
Xzibit
Saafir
Boots from the Coup
The Grouch
Aesop
Blackalicious
San Quinn
J Bailey
Big Rich
Tha Riddla
Mistah Fab
Locksmith

Nov 14, 2002
Here's some lyrical niggas for yo punk ass SoloTip. And stop typin like that cuz. Shits retarded. Anyways, Yukmouth, Xzibit, Ras Kass, Crooked I, Roscoe, Bad Azz, Kurupt, Saafir, Lil CS, Obnoxious, East Wood...

Not to mention a grip of underground niggas that lyrically rape most of these mainstream and commercial cats.

May 10, 2002
SOLOTIP IS A HATING ASS FAG, THIS AINT NO FAGGOT ASS HIP HOP SHIT HERE IN THE WEST YOU BETTER RECOGNIZE THAT BEFORE YOU TALK SHIT ABOUT NOT BEING TRUE LYRICISTS!!! I KNOW YOU LISTEN TO SOME GAY ASS SHIT LIKE DE LA SOUL OR JA RULE OR BENZINO OR SMILES AND SOUTH STAR FUCKEN HOMO,

IF YOU DONT LISTEN TO WEST COAST SHIT WHAT THE FUCK YOU DOING ON THE 91 SICCNESS BOARD, GO TO THE MURDER INC BOARD YOU DICK RIDER!!!

Kp

Sicc OG
Oct 29, 2002
www.tootiterecords.com
whoa whoa whoa

I think there are too many little kids in here trying to rep for the Bay. Soak folk:

All the shit that you think of when you hear the words "Bay Area" is gone. The days of Brotha Lynch, C-Bo, Celly Cell, and most that Vallejo shit are gone. There are a new breed of rappers coming out of the Bay. You are all trippen if you don't give A-Wax his respect cause the man has flows. His shit aint together right now, but he in my opinion is the next Bay ambassador if he plays his cards right. Dutch and Mr. Kee are sicc too, along wit the homie Sideways. My album is gonna drop end of this year and my shit is sicc! The "old" Bay is out. We done wit that shit. Ma' fuckas had their time to shine and now it is our time to blow. I got mad love for Cali from the Bay to San Diego. I was born in San Clemente (you so-cal heads know what i'm talkin about) and got fam in San Diego and LA. What we NEED to do is quit the fucking Bay vs. La (or in this case San Diego) shit and collaborate together to make CALIFORNIA the mother fuckin conquerer of rap again. Do your thing Diego, holla at me.

Kp

Jul 12, 2002
Lyricists

Yukmouth is not a lyricist................Yuk is Gangsta........Reigme shit......aint that right ?

Accoding To yuk He Tryna keep dat " WEST COAST THUG SHIT " Goin HE SAID............

What Punchlines does yuk use , What Metaphors ?

^ Not Only Would Cormegga Rip Yuk But So would Big Noyd.............

Xzibit........LOL a Lyricist ? He has A Few Cacthy Lines here & there , no true Delivery & is Mostly Uncreative when it comes to Vocabulary.................Not a True Lyricist...............

^ Not only would Prodigy Rip Xzibit , but so would Styles.......

Crooked I is a Decent EMCEE...........He comes with the Vocabulary.................He has Decent Metaphors but he Lacks Punchlines..............

He Also lost his " Gangsta " Image when he made a song with Ja Rule.......LOL..........

^ Not only would Canibus Rip Crooked I so Would Royce Da 5 9..................

Rass Kass

Is Tight..........The only Nigga From the West with In CREATIVITY Past His Hood & Guns.............

Doesnt Really Have any Flaws.........

But..........

^ Juice ( from chicago ) & Ali Vegas................

Kurupt...........Damn I dont Know where To start with Him........Should I start on where he's REALLY from PHILLY or L.A ? Or should I start Back On How Suge's Pimpin His Ass Again ? Or How He was Tricken On Foxy Brown ? ( AHHHHH But What DOes That Have to do with his Skills ? fuck it ).............

He Is Cool Sometimes..........But ALOT of his " Gangsta style Is UNCREATIVE & SIMPLE.........like

" FUCK YALL BUSTA ASS WANNA BE ASS MOTHA FUCKAZ NIGGA WE KILLA DPGC NIGGA.......GANG BANG KILL KILL YOUNG GOTTI NIGGA "

That shit be Garbage.................

Kurupt Isnt a True Lyricist....................

^ Nas Would Rip Kurupt & So would Rakim

Bad Azz.............LOL a Lyrcist Or GANGSTA ? Its Funny to Me Because unlike You West COAST Niggaz I am OPEN MINDED & LISTEN to niggaz from EVERYWHERE as LONG as they RAW..........But Most Of the Niggaz " Yall " Claim to be lyricists Claim theyre music to be " GANGSTA " & " Real"

So try Again with this 1 ........he was a waste of my Reply because he is Horrible..........

Damn Didnt He sue Tupacs Estate After He died ?

Lol thats Keepin It Real Huh ? Gangsta ?

He's Not Even Comparable to a Real Artist .................

( Next )

Blackalicious ...................LOL.....the same guy who said ?

" Where my vocals stinging even linger /
im in the back of your neck
where you feel the tingle lingle /
And since we have to achieve /
We must Believe , Believe , Believe/"

LOl.......^ What the fuck is That ? A Nursury Rhyme ? ........

Garbage Niggaz...................

^ Red Or Meth...................Pic One They'll Both Rip Him.............

San Quinn...................He doesnt know a word bigger Than Philmoe................LOL.........He's Not a Lryricst...............He clamism Himself To be A Thugged out ass Rapper.....................

^ Once AGain You are Trying To Put a Rapper In the catagory that in his raps he clearly Claims not to be...................

Most Of these niggaz yall have named arent even lyricists nor do they claim to be......................

They Only Real Lyricists Names I have Seen posted Are Rass Kass , Crooked I , Saafir & Maybe Kurupt ( if suge lets him ) lol....................

On Top of That Yall Couldnt Even Produce " 15 " Lyricists.....................All I see is Like I said 75 % of Garbage ass Music................

I didnt even see niggaz Mention Raided...............niggaz mentioned Badd azz..............lol..........

Why should I continue..............?

& what so you mean not hip hop ? Hip Hop & Lyricism Is what Rap Is....................

THE WEST SEEMS TO BE CONFUSED.........................

JUST BECAUSE YOU STARTED YOUR OWN FORM OF RAP ( GANGSTA RAP ) DOESNT MEN THE " HIP HOP " COMMUNITY IS BASED ON " YALLS " STANDARDS............

RAP ORIGINATED ON THE EAST COAST SO WHO ARE " YALL " TO TELL "US" WHAT RAP IS OR ISNT...........

RAP STARTED IN QB & IT WILL END IN QB..............PERIOD.......

WEST COAST NIGGAZ WONDER WHY THEY DONT GET PLAY ON THE RADIO............LOL.........ARE YOU SERIOUS ?

I WONDER WHY I ONLY SEE NIGGAZ FROM THE EAST & SOME FROM THE SOUTH ON B-E-T.............

WEST COAST NIGGAZ ARE HIPOCRITES...................

COMMERCIAL RAP WASNT WEAK UNTILL DEATH ROW FELL OF HUH ?

REMEBER WHEN DRE SNOOP PAC & ALL THEM WAS ON TOP ?

YEAH THEM VIDEOS & RADIO STATIONS WAS POPIN BACK THEN HUH ?

NIGGAZ WAS FEELIN WACTHEN B-E-T BACK THEN HUH ?

GOT THE GAME BACKWARDS...............:devious: