Is it just me or is san diego shittin on the bay right now (music wise)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
@SOLOTIP.........YOU SAID ALL THE NIGGAZ THAT WERE NAMED ARE TOO OLD FOR YOU TO LISTEN TOO??...........BEEN OUT FOREVER HUH??.....NIGGA PLEASE...............CANIBUS EQUALS OUT TO NOTHIN BUT DIRT..........WHEN IS THE LAST TIME METHOD MAN CAME OUT WITH AN ALBUM??.....THAT WAS BANGIN??....BEEN A LONG TIME HUH??.........THAT NIGGAZ GETTIN WATERED DOWN.....HAD TO GO RECRUIT THAT NIGGA REDMAN........AND THAT SHIT STILL DIDNT GO NOWHERE...........LYRICIST...........GO GRAB ANYONE OF THAT NIGGAZ E-40s' CDz AND TELL ME HE AINT NO LYRYCIST............THAT NIGGA DROPS GAMES WITH EVERY BAR HOMIE.....AND ILL BET YOU WONT CATCH HIM SAYIN SHIT ABOUT BLOODIN AND CUZZIN MY BLOCK WOMP WOMP WOMP.............LYRICIST..........SAN DIEGO FINNA BLOW THIS OUT THE WATER HOMIE..........PEEP THAT NIGGA SILAS......HE GOT HEAT FOR ANY ONE OF THEM FAGS YOU MENTIONED............YOU NEED TO COME OUT THAT WATER WORLD YOU IN HOMIE AND OPEN YOUR EARS...........IM TIRED OF NIGGAZ SAYIN ALL THE WEST COAST RAP ABOUT IZ GANGSTA THIS AND GANGSTA THAT..............GRANTED....THIS IS THE HOME FOR IT.........BUT ITS ALOT A DIFFERENT VARIETY OUT HERE.......BUT IF YOU A ONE TRACK NIGGA AND YOUR MIND WONT LET YOU EXPAND THAT FAR.....I GUESS I CAN SEE WHERE YOUR COMMING FROM..................YOU CAN LISTEN TO ME IF YOU WANT............DucefaceD.........
AND LET THE SIDEWAYZ REMARKS START

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/ducefacedmusic.htm

:cool:

Jul 12, 2002
Doesnt E-40 make songs with Fabulous ? lol

Lol...................^

Once Again..................

Niggaz Respond Out of how THEY feel....................

But Not Namin Lyricists....................

I am Open Minded..................I Will Listen To any rap that is CREATIVE & Takes THINKING..............not........

" We Str8 out da blah blah blah , fuck yall we real blah blah "

" im from blah blah blah "

That shit is Garbage .....................:devious:

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
first off, homotip: no one gives a fuck what you think.

now, i aint heard nothing good from the bay in a minute........ but dago shit been in the rotation for awhile. people act like the bay aint making any gangsta rap records either lol. they making em, but most of em are just wack. beat wise, i havent heard anything fresh out the bay lately... everyone was using hollis' monotonous beats, and his shit been played out for a minute. shemp and dunce got some nice stuff, but thats about it as far as i can tell. dago got Cricet, VMF, and Ecay, 3 of the best rap producers out right now.

im not sayin one region is better than the next, but to me the bay been slippin for awhile now......and dago has been pickin up the slack.

Aug 17, 2002
Re: San Diego Got Heat...

LIL C.S. said:
Yuk is one of my favorites by far, imo just needs better production ric roc, dre etc and don't yell anymore, and he could blow solo.
LIL C.S. aka C.S. Heat
to get some commerical luv yah i agree. but commercial or not some of those beats on uga were top notch imo

Aug 17, 2002
Sicc_Wit_It said:
Last Bay album I heard was United Ghettos of America and I wasnt really feelin it. Some songs were smashin like Welcome 2 Da Bay but IMO the New West comp is much better.
you wasnt feelin "la costra nostra," "dem cant win" "top thugg", "no WAY"?

Aug 17, 2002
SoloTip said:

I havent EVEN heard any niggaz out the west who can touch Canibus.........

laughable. he was the biggest flop in history, and those that know, knew from the start he wasnt that good.

Aug 17, 2002
Re: Lyricists

SoloTip said:
Yukmouth is not a lyricist................Yuk is Gangsta........Reigme shit......aint that right ?

Accoding To yuk He Tryna keep dat " WEST COAST THUG SHIT " Goin HE SAID............

What Punchlines does yuk use , What Metaphors ?

^ Not Only Would Cormegga Rip Yuk But So would Big Noyd.............

im gonna die laughin. big noyd? Lol. ok dun...

Apr 25, 2002
Solotip: Give Yuk his props. IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT RAP AND HIPHOP which I hope you do since you have spoken on it so much in this thread you would take that statement back.

May 10, 2002
I gotta agree wit solotip on one thing.......Noyd would eat Yuk alive......Yuks new shit is poo poo...... Noyd brings heat everytime.....But the rest of what he said was dirt.

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
BornSin said:
I gotta agree wit solotip on one thing.......Noyd would eat Yuk alive......Yuks new shit is poo poo...... Noyd brings heat everytime.....But the rest of what he said was dirt.
[predictable siccness response]

nigga stop hatin, yuk is the rawest nigga in the game EVER to touch the mic.....he's the new pac. yukmouth is god. if i was a girl, i'd let yuk fuck me.

[/predictable siccness response]

Jul 12, 2002
?????????

@ Walkin................Biggest Flop In History ?

Actually DEATH ROW was The BIGGEST flop in the RAP GAME.................LOL.........

The only " WEST COAST " Label yall got............lol......:cry:

Yuk Is aight , but he aint no lyricist............

1nce again

WHERE

ARE

YOUR

LYRICICSTS ??????????????????

Top DoGG ????????

The Realist ??????

SUGE ????????

lol

:devious:

May 10, 2002
4sDeuces&Trays said:

[predictable siccness response]

nigga stop hatin, yuk is the rawest nigga in the game EVER to touch the mic.....he's the new pac. yukmouth is god. if i was a girl, i'd let yuk fuck me.

[/predictable siccness response]

Lmfao!

Aug 17, 2002
solo tip

whats your definition of lyricist? is it just some cliched out concept thats derived from the source. or is it what you see when you actually look in the dictionary. if its not a dictionary standard then dont come with some fluffy concept of what the word actually means. you can bust out metaphors and multi syllablic phrases and be ill as fuck like aceyalone and monch used to be back in the day or you can be weak like canibus and a long list of others. you can leave the "complex" (as some would say) alone and come tight like tupac or be garbage like 95% of the people u see rappin on the sicness.

SoloTip said:

LOL..............

Name 99 % of the Rappers Ras Kass Will " RIP " ........that are " True " lyricists & are reconized for being lyricists

That arent commercial ...............

Crooked I is cool

Xzibit is Garbage.....................

Rappers in Northern Cali Aint Reckonized ?

Too $hort aint reconized ?

E-feezy aint Reconized ?

Brotha Lynch aint Reconized ?

C-bo aint reconized ?

Lol................

@ Tooper I aint hatin...............

Just speakin my opinion....................

& Gansta Rap is Garbage..............

like I said 75 % of Rappers from the WEST are garbage.......

Only rap about how " real " they claim to be & only rap about they hoods ........

That shit dont take no thought.....................

Funny how " CALI'S " Most Reconized Rapper was from Brooklyn.........lol

I havent EVEN heard any niggaz out the west who can touch Canibus.........

Or Cormegga...............

Niggaz from the west dont use punchlines . They dont use metaphors , they just talk shit.........

West Rap = " I'm Real cuzz , we the realist cuzz "

" I peal yo cap cuz im from da west cuzz "

" i stay blued up blah blah blah "

The west has been singin da same song since NWA

Yall "Need" to have more rappers out there like CrookED I & Ras Kass , cuz those are the only niggaz i can actually listen to who dont have every single song involving " fuck yo set homie , we real blah blah blah "...........:devious:

Check it, Canibus is WACK, he came with some ill shit like 10 years ago, how many ghost writers participated in his album though? lol

Xzibit is far from wack, and as far as the west goez, gangsta rap is our thang, we givez a fuck bout what trend is goin on, this is our trend, and all that player/balla shit, originated out west, look at bet now, everybody wanna piece of that trend now.

BEAT WISE<=> DRE RUNS IT

Woodie is tyte, C-BO is known, i givem props, but only 1 song of his went mainstream

Lynch is coo, He only had 1 song go mainstream also.

Hollow, thats the northside homie, dont even try an school me on him

Gangsta Dre, yea he iight... sawem a few times in highlands

But all that lyrical metamorphical shit, thats the east coast for ya bra'... Cant you see the palm trees? this is CAL
and if gangsta rap died out how come its still bein made?

obviously its sellin sum' sum' player

but southern CAL is still makin all the hits, too short appears on videos, thats about it.
i aint hatin, got all his cd'z

thats my 2 centz

Jul 12, 2002
My Defenition of a lyricist ?

Have You Been Reading or are you in Denial ?:confused:

MY defention of a " LYRICIST " is not only an ARTIST with a VOCABULARY , but a Rapper with CONCEPTS circulaten in they Cranium.................

One who not only uses metaphors & punchlines............

But one who can turn the song INTRESTING.........with thought..................

Like when Styles made a song about his KNIFE & his GUN arguing about who should be used the
most...............

Or when nas raped a song backwards & it was still clean............

When niggaz make song like they talkin ta otha folks..........

CREATIVITY..........like I said , Rap has always been based upon LYRICS , PUNCHLINES , METAPHORS............

Rap has ALWAYS been about being able to RAP about anything in a room..........so FUCK WHAT YALL THINK.............

Its Ok to have or do yall own thing but the " MASS " of the HIPHOP COMMUNITY will not accept you untill you BECOME DIVERESE ( ask YOUR " WEST COAST ARTISTS " ) & display skills in another area besides where your from , how thugged out you CLAIM yo hood is..........How MAny niggaz you killed , robbed , etc..................

I am very Open minded & I will Listen & I have heard VARIOUS Rappers from the west & SADLY only a select few actually engage in that DIVERSITY..............

Almost every Rapper talks about how they keep it real & they dont use big words because its that " EAST COAST SHIT "

Am I wrong ?

I hear it ALL THE TIME...............

So if Using " BIG WORDS " , metaphors , punclines etc is EAST COAST SHIT..............The west will never RISE AGAIN...............

You will have those same artists doin they thang ta get they CAKE & then yall still gonna complain abouty how yall dont get love on b-e-t................

Or how they dont play no " WEST COAST VIDEO'S " ......but yet in still its a part of the "WEST COAST MENTALITY " to not go COmmercial and keep it real ?

Yall dont get no love on the radio but yet & still only fake niggaz go commerial ?

Am i Lying ?

LOL

I've been hearin it on the west for years..................:devious:

Nov 14, 2002
Sayin we aint gone sell out is different from bitchin about not gettin radio airplay or BET airplay. You aint never gone c a Westcoast nigga like Luni or CS on MTV's TRL...or the Nickelodeon Awards.

But that doesnt mean their videos shouldnt be gettin no love...

Apr 25, 2002
www.getyourfinancesright.com
This reply is not at anybody in particular, and I ain't tryin' to argue on line with someone's HONEST opinion. First let me say that Nas song where he raps baccwards is hard! When I first heard it, I was like dam! That was hella creative. Now we do have lyricist on the West. I'm not going to say who is, and debate about it, but we do. I know hip hop started on the east, just like Crips and Bloods started on the West, but just cuz you created somethin' it doesn't mean you do it the best or the hardest. But now East Coast artist are using the West subject matter (dope game, pimpin', crip/blood mostly blood. etc). The MAJORITY of the east always spit mostly battle shit, I'm an MC, punchlines etc, now most of them spit street shit, which the MAJORITY of the West spits. It's a trip Mobb Deep can rap about killin', slangin' and spit SIMPLE RHYMES and flows, and get praised and 4 1/2 mics and shit, but if Yuk spits the same subject matter and is delivering it lyrically more complex, he gets 3 mics "and it's the same ol' thug shit". But that's just how it is though. It's never gonna change.

Now we are creative out here. For example I had a song on my first album called Dollars & S.I.N.S. (Survival In Nigga Society), and the concept is this. The first verse Andrew Jaccson (on the $20) is talkin' to me tellin' me what I have to do to meet is homey Grant (on the $50), so he tells me to get in the dice game with a $5 bill, and try to get up to him, so I can go buy some heat, cuz he said once I get my piece my financial status would increase. So I win in the dice game, and go and buy a strap, then he tells me to go bacc and rob the niggaz at the dice game to meet the homey Grant (on the $50) cuz my ultimate goal is to get Impalas & Benz and Hydraulics & Rims. So now I have Grant, and he tells me that to meet his Uncle Benjamin I have to go and jacc my own homey. So I jacc my homey for his safe with Benjamins and kill him. So now Benjamin Franklin in the 3rd verse tells me since I got him now, how to keep him is to spend him and go bacc and get him. So he tells me to go to the rim shop, and by some rims, and come bacc and rob them the next day. So I go in there and rob em', and then a worker comes out from bacc and shoots me in the bacc without me noticin/he got a gat and shot me in the bacc and now I'm thinkin' of my life befo' the sins/cuz all I wanted was impalas & benz and hydraulics & rims/Survival In Nigga Society Dollars & Sins...That's just an example on how WE can be creative on the West. Everybody on this post has a legitimate argument in their eyes, but I'm only can speaking for myself. The game is bias to me. Just my OPINION. 1

LIL C.S. aka C.S. Heat
www.ghettoworld.com

Aug 17, 2002
Re: My Defenition of a lyricist ?

<<<<Have You Been Reading or are you in Denial ?:confused>>>

are u bias or just not knowin? u didnt bother with a direct reply to anything i said.

<<MY defention of a " LYRICIST " is not only an ARTIST with a VOCABULARY , but a Rapper with CONCEPTS circulaten in they Cranium>>

i didnt ask for your fluffy defenition though

<<<One who not only uses metaphors & punchlines............

But one who can turn the song INTRESTING.........with thought..................................>>>

somethings thats lacking on both coasts and everything inbetween.

<<<Like when Styles made a song about his KNIFE & his GUN arguing about who should be used the
most...............>>

wow

<<Or when nas raped a song backwards & it was still clean............>>

ok your pulling diamonds out of fields of rocks but thats fine.

<<<When niggaz make song like they talkin ta otha folks..........

CREATIVITY..........like I said , Rap has always been based upon LYRICS , PUNCHLINES , METAPHORS...........>>

just because you have punchlines and metaphors you are not automatically tight. infact most punchline MCs are more often wack then not.

<<Rap has ALWAYS been about being able to RAP about anything in a room..........so FUCK WHAT YALL THINK.............>>

great

<<Its Ok to have or do yall own thing but the " MASS " of the HIPHOP COMMUNITY will not accept you untill you BECOME DIVERESE ( ask YOUR " WEST COAST ARTISTS " ) & display skills in another area besides where your from , how thugged out you CLAIM yo hood is..........How MAny niggaz you killed , robbed , etc..................>>

you listin to styles though. can you with a straight say the lox is creative?

<<I am very Open minded & I will Listen & I have heard VARIOUS Rappers from the west & SADLY only a select few actually engage in that DIVERSITY...........>>

i really wanna know what albums you copping cuz you seem to enjoy anything that comes out your way. ive heard like three albums ive really liked in the past few years and thats like i said including east and west

<<Almost every Rapper talks about how they keep it real & they dont use big words because its that " EAST COAST SHIT "

Am I wrong ?>>

name names , who back east is actually complex while bein dope? whos puttin out all these great albums

<<So if Using " BIG WORDS " , metaphors , punclines etc is EAST COAST SHIT..............The west will never RISE AGAIN...............>>

so if an mc just starts spitting multi syllabilic verses you will automatically like it?

<<You will have those same artists doin they thang ta get they CAKE & then yall still gonna complain abouty how yall dont get love on b-e-t................>>

yes missy elliot and puffy be puttin down that complex psuedo intellect point of view. thats what gets them all that air play right? lol

<<Or how they dont play no " WEST COAST VIDEO'S " ......but yet in still its a part of the "WEST COAST MENTALITY " to not go COmmercial and keep it real ?>>>

maybe they want some recognition for what they made. why shouldnt they get airplay. your confusing wanting airtime with bein commericial? commercial is the product you make, it just so happens bet and mtv play the shit that appeals mainly to teen girls

Y<<all dont get no love on the radio but yet & still only fake niggaz go commerial ?

Am i Lying ? >>

i dont think anyone is gettin on outkast back for having mainstream success. is nelly gettin grief? of course he is