Is it just me or is san diego shittin on the bay right now (music wise)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
I've been bumpin alot of san diego shit lately and I gotta say that their production and raps are much cleaner than the bay's in my opinion, I never knew san diego had this much heat...until recently the only thing i'd heard out of san diego was Jayo Felony, not tryin to start no beef between the bay and san diego here but i'm just callin it how I see it at the moment.

Apr 25, 2002
Id like to know what SD artists everyone is listening to?

The way I have percieved it is the bay is a lot more talented lyrically. San Quinn, Fully Loaded, Willie Henn, The Riddla are all lyrically talented as fuck and all on the same label. Not to mention Yukmouth or the battle rap scene that has been picking up momentum led by Mistah FAB and Locksmith.

I think the beats are about the same except there are a few Bay producers who are really on top of the game (Done Deals production crew, EA-Ski, Khayree, Femi).

In terms of gangsta shit though, San Diego seems to to be bringing a lot more of it to the table. You wont find too many Bay Area albums anymore that revolve around the gangsta shit like there was with 11/5 or Guce or UDI back in the day.

Apr 25, 2002
i have'nt been listening to bay shit or sac shit lately it's all dago artists.they're holding us over in this drought season and in a big way.

Apr 25, 2002
Tooper said:
i have'nt been listening to bay shit or sac shit lately it's all dago artists.they're holding us over in this drought season and in a big way.
For real. It seems like right now the bay is so busy putting out mixtapes they forgot what a real album sounds like.

Apr 25, 2002
MaddDogg said:
Id like to know what SD artists everyone is listening to?
cricet war paint
cricet blue damien (on its way just ordered it)
new west comp (dago artists)
lil cs dollars and sins
damu damu classics 1 (i like the first song)
in the ghetto world soundtrack

i'm still thinking about getting strong armed robbery the mainstream beats to underground lyrics appeal to me.

Apr 25, 2002
www.getyourfinancesright.com
San Diego Got Heat...

@Maddog, it's all good homey. I'm not going to compare our shit to the Bay, cuz good music is good music no matter where it's from. We love Bay shit in Dago, but we are coming heated lately. As far as the artist you mentioned, Yuk is one of my favorites by far, imo just needs better production ric roc, dre etc and don't yell anymore, and he could blow solo. I heard Riddla's intro to heated speeches on n-ridaz.com awhile bac, and it was heated. But we have lyrical talent out here too, and we have heated producers (Cricet, Steve Vicious, Ecay etc). Chec out some of my snippets at www.ghettoworld.com/music.htm . The Ghetto World soundtrac is our newest project. PERSONALLY, I feel it's the best representation of overall Dago talent (it's the top seller out here right now). I think you would love Complex's song West Coast Em'ceein'. It's definitely one of my favorites. His snippet is not up though. But there's nothin' wrong with supporting the Bay and San Diego at the same time. I do....1

LIL C.S. aka C.S. Heat

Apr 25, 2002
Re: San Diego Got Heat...

LIL C.S. said:
@Maddog, it's all good homey. I'm not going to compare our shit to the Bay, cuz good music is good music no matter where it's from. We love Bay shit in Dago, but we are coming heated lately. As far as the artist you mentioned, Yuk is one of my favorites by far, imo just needs better production ric roc, dre etc and don't yell anymore, and he could blow solo. I heard Riddla's intro to heated speeches on n-ridaz.com awhile bac, and it was heated. But we have lyrical talent out here too, and we have heated producers (Cricet, Steve Vicious, Ecay etc). Chec out some of my snippets at www.ghettoworld.com/music.htm . The Ghetto World soundtrac is our newest project. PERSONALLY, I feel it's the best representation of overall Dago talent (it's the top seller out here right now). I think you would love Complex's song West Coast Em'ceein'. It's definitely one of my favorites. His snippet is not up though. But there's nothin' wrong with supporting the Bay and San Diego at the same time. I do....1

LIL C.S. aka C.S. Heat
Oh yea. I know Diego got heat. Im a bigger bay area fan though. On the other hand, Ive only heard a dozen or so SD cds, and Ive heard hundreds of bay area cds. I've heard some of Dollars and Sins, my homie bought it from you when you came to sell them at SDSU. It sounded pretty tight. If I recall correctly the release date was 2001, so Im sure youve improved as well. I also heard Ecays snippets and those were pretty tight to listen to, has a little bit different production. Im also a Mitchey Slick fan. Other than them and Irocc and NBD I dont know much about the region, but the way the bay has been doing things so far this year Im sure I will. We got a lot of talent up here but it seems like artists are so busy tryin to get their money on or push mixtapes instead of solos that there is quite a bit of watered down material. There's still a lot of great artists out here but no one has released a solo album that has been established in the last 3 months besides DMoe. So when I hit the shops lately I been peepin more NY material and some San Diego rap to fill the void. Its good to see that you are gettin your props in XXL and the Source too.

Apr 26, 2002
Yeah I still like a select few rappers in the bay such as the Done Deal Camp and Yukmouth, but thats about it, it seems like their production has fallen down the shitter and all their raps are IDENTICAL now for the most part...I mean their always talkin about how the radio wont give em luv and so forth, but when you actually listen to other regions and then listen to the majority of the bay you'll see that most of the music is wack.

May 9, 2002
I've been bumpin Silas - AKA SMIGG DIRTEE for months now, it is one of the best cd's I've ever heard, if yall aint heard it you need to pick it up Silas got major heat,he got mainstream potential

Nov 14, 2002
Daygo been bringin the heat f'sho lately. All the albums mentioned, New West, Dollas N Sins, In Tha Ghetto World, and both Criccet albms are smashin. Last Bay album I heard was United Ghettos of America and I wasnt really feelin it. Some songs were smashin like Welcome 2 Da Bay but IMO the New West comp is much better. But oyu gotta support alla Cali and not just 1 region though. And we specially gotta c more Bay n Daygo callabos. ~~1~~

Jul 12, 2002
The Bay Wack ?

LoL.........Most of the Cleanist Rappers outta CA are from Northern Cali Period .

How Do WE Sound Identical ?

If anything all that GANGSTA shit sounds IDENTICAL & is UNCREATIVE .

" We bangin CuZz ,Fuck you set homie "

" My Khakis My Blue Rag , I gang Bang , woop woop woop "

Who yall got ?

Snoop ?

Dre ?

Played out ass Daz & Kurupt ?

Lol

" The Row " ?

That shit is garbage .

Jayo Felony Is garbage.............

Gangsta Rap is garbage & Uncreative in my opinion

Rap = Metaphors , punchlines , game , real , & Delivery in the same pot mayne...............

& most " WEST COAST ARTISTS " lack this.........

ESPECIALLY niggaz in SOUTHERN CALI .........

Niggaz always Wanna Rap about how REAL they is and how REAL they is cuz they from the WEST .........

But that is IRRELEVANT due to the FACT , ........REAL NIGGAZ exist EVREYWHERE & that has nothing to do with your talent.................

75 % of west coast rap is GARBAGE & UnCreative period.................

:devious:

Apr 25, 2002
SoloTip said:
The Bay Wack ?

LoL.........Most of the Cleanist Rappers outta CA are from Northern Cali Period .

How Do WE Sound Identical ?

If anything all that GANGSTA shit sounds IDENTICAL & is UNCREATIVE .

" We bangin CuZz ,Fuck you set homie "

" My Khakis My Blue Rag , I gang Bang , woop woop woop "

Who yall got ?

Snoop ?

Dre ?

Played out ass Daz & Kurupt ?

Lol

" The Row " ?

That shit is garbage .

Jayo Felony Is garbage.............

Gangsta Rap is garbage & Uncreative in my opinion

Rap = Metaphors , punchlines , game , real , & Delivery in the same pot mayne...............

& most " WEST COAST ARTISTS " lack this.........

ESPECIALLY niggaz in SOUTHERN CALI .........

Niggaz always Wanna Rap about how REAL they is and how REAL they is cuz they from the WEST .........

But that is IRRELEVANT due to the FACT , ........REAL NIGGAZ exist EVREYWHERE & that has nothing to do with your talent.................

75 % of west coast rap is GARBAGE & UnCreative period.................

:devious:
I agree to disagree. Illedit and explai why when it aint 230 am and I aint drunk as an irishmen on st pattys.

Apr 25, 2002
LMFAO!!!!!!!!! I know you didnt just say Dr Dre was played out an garbage...........check billboard sometime homie
so who is ALWAYS on top...........the DR
you fuck with Dre you gonna sell a million, plain an simple

I aint heard shit from the bay that was bangin in a few years

Dago had my ears for a couple years now........Mitchy, Damn, Lil CS, Ecay,Silas, Mackvillin, Hound Foundation..........I aint heard much I didnt like outta SD in a long time

Apr 25, 2002
LMFAO!!!!!!!!! I know you didnt just say Dr Dre was played out an garbage...........check billboard sometime homie.........
so who is ALWAYS on top...........the DR
you fuck with Dre you gonna sell a million, plain an simple..........Dre could leand some bay rappers platinum plaques an still have more then the whole bay

I aint heard shit from the bay that was bangin in a few years

Dago had my ears for a couple years now........Mitchy, Damn, Lil CS, Ecay,Silas, Mackvillin, Hound Foundation..........I aint heard much I didnt like outta SD in a long time

Jul 12, 2002
T-Dubb said:
LMFAO!!!!!!!!! I know you didnt just say Dr Dre was played out an garbage...........check billboard sometime homie.........
so who is ALWAYS on top...........the DR.
SO ?

He's Commerial .

Who's He COmpeting with ?

Lil Bow WoW ?

Ashanti ?

50 Cent ?

Eminem ?

Puffy ?

And As ugly as it may sound to you DRE IS PLAYED OUT.........

When is the last time dre was on top ?

The EARLY 90's.................

Oh wait When CHRONIC 2001 Came out ?

LOL...........

Who Listens to DRE ?

Niggaz In Southern Cali ?

Cuz Niggaz In the Bay Dont knock'em , Niggaz on da EAST dont knock'em , Niggaz in the south Dont Listen to Dr.Dre, that was long ago ,

He feel off with after math............

Deigo Rappers ?

Sorry but I have never heard any of those rappers you have named .........

The only rapper I knoe from there is Jayo Felony & he is Garbage...........

Who from Diego is On da Map ?

I know Bay niggaz on DA MAP........

Niggaz know about OAKLAND , Frisco , Richmond , Vallejo , Sac ( not the bay ) , Stockton.....................

The only thing I ever hear about southern Cali is L.A , compton , south central , etc..........

Never really heard of niggaz comin out of Diego although I am aware thet they exist..................

But Gangsta Rap is Garbage ..............

Uncreative ............Talking Over Beats..............

Doesnt need any thinking............

" I came around the block CuZZ "

" We aimen shotz Cuzz"

" Got mr rag Cuzz , im gonna bust , just becuzz , cuzz "

Over & over in different styles in most of these niggaz........

Its a shame ............:devious:

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
SoloTip said:

Who Listens to DRE ?

Niggaz In Southern Cali ?

Cuz Niggaz In the Bay Dont knock'em , Niggaz on da EAST dont knock'em , Niggaz in the south Dont Listen to Dr.Dre, that was long ago ,

uhh well...... the 15 million people who bought his albums listen to him. :rolleyes: and check dis, doggie..... if he drops another one, i GUARANTEE he'll serve another 15 million units worldwide.....

Apr 25, 2002
you just talkin rappin.........I am talkin over all.............so who listens to Dre..........everyone who is bangin 50 cent is listenin to Dre, everyone who is bangin Eminim is listenin to dre

so how is that played out????????? he has probally the hottest beat in music right now with in the club