How did a song like "Playin wit my nose" get so big?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 6, 2006
fillyacup said:
cuz the simple fact that dre an mal was homies before they feud.....bo didnt know gunit like that...he was talkin shit than straight up let the money speak....fuck that shit
Exactly.That shit is totally different.Daz And kurupt dissed each other and got back together but the key word in that is "BACK" together meaning they was close at one point.Its like fightin a nigga u grew up wit and yall sayin fuck each other for awhile then yall start gettin back in good cuz u got luv for each other in the end.Its different than beefin wit a nigga u never met then tryna get down on the niggas team because the nigga u beefin wit got money and u wanna work for him.Way different situation.I just seen the new C-BO commercial and they promoting that nigga as being a Cashville/G-Unit south artist.Bo couldnt wait to be down with G-Unit in any way.

Dec 17, 2005
I guess I would be considered a square cuz I dont fuck with drugs, they are bad for ya body. But to each his own. As far as the Mess Song goes, the beat slaps and the chorus is hella catchy so even though I don't play with my nose unless I'm picking boogers I still slap that shit. Same with Ayo For Yayo, and almost all of Nickatina's songs.

Dec 6, 2006
jabooli said:
I guess I would be considered a square cuz I dont fuck with drugs, they are bad for ya body. But to each his own. As far as the Mess Song goes, the beat slaps and the chorus is hella catchy so even though I don't play with my nose unless I'm picking boogers I still slap that shit. Same with Ayo For Yayo, and almost all of Nickatina's songs.
Dont let dese dopefiend ass niggas make u believe u a square if u dont snort drugs mane.Dat shit aint normal and it aint coo.Nobody ever looked up to a dopefiend.

Apr 25, 2002
nobody a square for not doing drugs
i commend those who don't

but if you didn't grow up around drugs then you just don't know
most us from the hood had parents/uncles/brothers/cousins on somethin
lots of us lost parents to that shit
it ain't nothin suprising or scary to a lot of us

Props: hipowered

Stylo

Sicc OG
May 31, 2006
man the only cats who are feeling all these crack head tracks are feens themselves... making songs about shootin up heroin and sniffin coke aint whats poppin man.... thats some shit u save for your private life...

mothafuckas are really going dumb... and not in a good way..

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Stylo said:
man the only cats who are feeling all these crack head tracks are feens themselves... making songs about shootin up heroin and sniffin coke aint whats poppin man.... thats some shit u save for your private life...

mothafuckas are really going dumb... and not in a good way..
for real....cats takin shit WAY to literally.....tryna outdo each other an who does the most craziest act on the most craziest drug on the most craziest amount

Jun 19, 2006
MC Hippety-Hop said:
about the same time i found messy marv's music dropping off i started to notice the coke stuff as well. messy used to have tight lyrics, but hes singin a hook like "playin wit my nose"?? i liked the beat but when he had that dumb chorus, it ruined the song. messy marv has had an ear for stealing good beats from other artists (not just samples, entire beats) but even over good music, he'll squak "click clak gang click clak gang..." or some other lazy BS.
rappers who talk about coke on tapes (husalah, messy, nickatina are pretty good examples) -have weak tapes, nonsensical lyrics, and generally sound like theyre wacked out tweakers. maybe marvin gaye could make a good "coke song" (sad tomorrows is A+) but husalah, messy and the rest of these trendy clowns are not on that level, even if they think they are after their 8ball.

remember, messy marv jumped out a window on drugs not too long ago and broke his legs.
I agree with you 100%

Messy Marv has dumbed down his lyrics and is talking to much about sniffing gun powder and cocain. I think its tight for the overall shock value, but its getting a lil out of hand. Messy to me is bay far one of my favorite rappers out the bay (even though now he says he aint a rapper) Hes just putting out a okayish garbage!!! Bullys with Fullys 3 is Classic to me and I still have hope that Marv will come sicc on future releases but Gun powder mixed with cocain is a no-no! Dude gots a lot of talent, I would just hate to see him fuck it up.

Husulah is on some other to yo. Hes enjoyable to listen to and he gots slaps, but once again it just seems like his minds gone and it makes the music whack at times.

Hopefully they'll grow out of it with time

Jun 2, 2002
IS IT JUST ME, OR IS IT A LITTLE WEIRD THAT EVERYONE'S OK WITH 99% OF RAPPERS TALKING ABOUT MURDERING PEOPLE, BUT A LITTLE COCAINE IS JUST PLAIN UNNACCEPTABLE????????????????

wow...i'm surprised at how square some of you cats are. not because you don't fuck with drugs, but because you talkin like you're the foremost authority on the subject when you never seen a bag of yay in your life.

doin coke once in a blue moon isn't gonna hurt anybody...making it become a habit can ruin your life though. nobody said doing coke is cool...but it's part of life, so why not put it in your music???

you don't like it?? don't listen to it.

but for god's sake, quit crying...you guys sound like the cops in the D.A.R.E. program....

Oct 21, 2006
SpAwNtAiNyOuS said:
I agree with you 100%

Messy Marv has dumbed down his lyrics and is talking to much about sniffing gun powder and cocain. I think its tight for the overall shock value, but its getting a lil out of hand. Messy to me is bay far one of my favorite rappers out the bay (even though now he says he aint a rapper) Hes just putting out a okayish garbage!!! Bullys with Fullys 3 is Classic to me and I still have hope that Marv will come sicc on future releases but Gun powder mixed with cocain is a no-no! Dude gots a lot of talent, I would just hate to see him fuck it up.

Husulah is on some other to yo. Hes enjoyable to listen to and he gots slaps, but once again it just seems like his minds gone and it makes the music whack at times.

Hopefully they'll grow out of it with time
Yup. And that's what I was talking about too, he did end up in a wheelchair cuz of coke/ drug use.

What happened to songs like Black Jesus, Momma, World is a Ghetto, Iz Real. Now he got 100 Racks (that made him even more money though, so i can see that), Playin wit my nose, "50 dudes outside, 50 get shot," "i'll buss ya head," "i ride with that k, its nuthin u can fall out any day," etc

Aug 9, 2002
niggas kick drug habits all the time. what cats forget to realize is that the most addicting habit is legal and very hard to quit and most people do it til they die of it...........smoking cigarettes......that shit is hard to quit!

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
The stupidity and ignorance in this thread is rediculous, predictable but rediculous nevertheless lol

I think everyone in this thread homework assignment should be to go out and do a line of coke then write a 2 page essay about how it effected them in a negative way

lol

Feb 13, 2006
3xLaZY said:
IS IT JUST ME, OR IS IT A LITTLE WEIRD THAT EVERYONE'S OK WITH 99% OF RAPPERS TALKING ABOUT MURDERING PEOPLE, BUT A LITTLE COCAINE IS JUST PLAIN UNNACCEPTABLE????????????????

wow...i'm surprised at how square some of you cats are. not because you don't fuck with drugs, but because you talkin like you're the foremost authority on the subject when you never seen a bag of yay in your life.

doin coke once in a blue moon isn't gonna hurt anybody...making it become a habit can ruin your life though. nobody said doing coke is cool...but it's part of life, so why not put it in your music???

you don't like it?? don't listen to it.

but for god's sake, quit crying...you guys sound like the cops in the D.A.R.E. program....

fareal my nigga! these are the niggas that keep it real if mess fucks wit it then he fucks wit it! hes just an entertainer not GOD!

Jun 19, 2006
Its not about going out and doing a line of coke to see what kind of negative effect it will have on you.... Yay is fun to do and less harmless then a lot of drugs, but when you start doing it almost everyday or more then often it will take over your life slowly before you know it and its hard to kick. These Rappers got more money then most of us and the ones talking about it every other song who knows how much their doing of it or if they are doing it. All I can say is that I love Rap for being so honest. Meaning that Rappers like Mac dre, hus,Marv, ect...can put their shit out their about using drugs with out it being a secret and we all soak it in. Yet I notice a change in all of them with in time of their lack of ability and okayish crap that is being put out....

Kavie

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Shit ain't never been cool.

Beasty said:
I think the bay is the only region in hiphop that brags about snorting coke in dey raps.Correct me if im wrong.
There are a lot of rappers from other regions that rap about the shit. Like someone said earlier, Three 6 Mafia raps about the shit all the time. Bootleg from The Dayton Family will mention that shit is damn near every song.

It's cool to be open and honest about what you're doing (SOMETIMES), but glorifying that shit, like Mess is doing with that "Playing With My Nose" is just stupid. As easily influential as people are, not just youngsters, but people period, now a days, as song like this is just a bad look on rap.

Apr 25, 2002
i can name 10 oakland rappers who throw out subliminals about snortin hop
i can name two SF pioneers who used to talk about it(one about brown, one about yay)
shit...let mess do what he wants

i'm not makin a whole song about it
but if he wants to
that's on him

i'd rather hear about drug use then murder