How did a song like "Playin wit my nose" get so big?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 6, 2006
U know whats a trip? I was just listening to some early 90's death row shit and niggas wasnt rappin bout sellin dope or smokin dope and it was still hard as fuck.Now every rapper claim to have been a nino brown in dey raps.Rap is changing for the worse.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
It's one thing to talk about it, it's another to glorify it. Every rapper I've met that's been on shit, fell off. They used to be sick, but the rock made 'em just OK....if not complete crap.

I personally have no tolerance for it...the shit fucks up entire communities...the shit fucks with people who don't even use it. I've lost a lot of time with loved ones because they started out saying, "I only do it every now and then"...a few years later they're either totally gone or just gettin' released from prison.

I can't stand the fact that folks are willing to fuck others up so they can make a few bills. How is that different than the government that these SAME people speak out against?? That's fine that cats do it, it's their lives...but stop glorifying that shit. If it isn't gun play, it's rock...it's E...it's whatever the fuck. Rappers are helping the world raise a bunch of dipshit zombies who do whatever the radio tells them to do.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Beasty said:
U know whats a trip? I was just listening to some early 90's death row shit and niggas wasnt rappin bout sellin dope or smokin dope and it was still hard as fuck.Now every rapper claim to have been a nino brown in dey raps.Rap is changing for the worse.
Suge Knight has said on numerous occasions that he doesn't like drug dealers because they fuck up communities. I'm assuming that means he wasn't for the coke talk in the music he put out as a CEO!

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
ask yourself how the song "white lines" got big...

some of yall havent grown up in neighborhoods or families where shit like this is normal

and thats nto only in the hood it goes down in middle class families and high class families

theres niggas at work right now sniffin lines that make more than you will ever see in your life and they might be less addicted to coke than your addicted to smoking blunts of bomb

crackheads and cokeheads are taxpayers and they work at every job you can think of

three things will always sell, drugs sex and violence

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Gas One said:

some of yall havent grown up in neighborhoods or families where shit like this is normal

and thats nto only in the hood it goes down in middle class families and high class families

theres niggas at work right now sniffin lines that make more than you will ever see in your life and they might be less addicted to coke than your addicted to smoking blunts of bomb
I grew up with folks that sold yay...and even as a youngster I never agreed with it.

Oh, and the cats sitting up in high positions at these major corporations that snort coke...good for them. They don't run around bragging about it to pre-teens all over the country.

Coke, crack, meth...it's a fuckin epidemic.

Dec 6, 2006
Gas One said:

crackheads and cokeheads are taxpayers and they work at every job you can think of

three things will always sell, drugs sex and violence
I got hella family members that are dopefiends but i never looked up 2 any of em.Dopefiends dont give a fuck bout nobody but themselves.They will snort they kids college fund like it aint shit.

Apr 30, 2007
^^^^its the same old shit under the sun...it aint no ebidemic...i dont get the big deal about mess talkin bout it on wax...u ppl act like him rappin bout it gonna make kids do the shit...if u wanna blame sombody bout the youth doin drugz blame the goverment or drugdealers...i mean ppl dont use drugz cuz of music...its cuz of poverty and all the things that come with it...like depression,broken homes,lack of education no outlet in poor areas for the youth...a whole lot of other shit...but not messy marv and his music...i swear u ppl sound like these politions tryna blame or society problems on hiphop music...belive me its art imitating life not the other way around...

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
nightmare916 said:
belive me its art imitating life not the other way around...
In some cases, yes it is. But, if you pay attention to what's going on around you, you will see that life imitates art in a lot of cases. For example, how many folks around the Bay started wearing stunna shades, doin' the Thizz face, and poppin' E pills on a regular basis? I know an assload of people, and that's just in one city. That's just one example.

I'm a rap artist...I do blame drug dealers for sellin' the shit...but I also blame my fellow artists for puttin' it out there like there's nothin' wrong with it. We have a responsibility. It doesn't matter if our music reaches a thousand people, or a million people...'cause shit spreads like wildfire. Yea, we can blame the government for putting the drugs there...but what's the point in that if you're out doin' the shit too? Not to mention the artists that are speaking out against capitalistic drug dealing, but doin' lines inbetween takes. Isn't that kind of fucked up. Rap music has lost it's substance and stance against wrong in the world....that's just a fact.

Apr 30, 2007
Sydal said:
In some cases, yes it is. But, if you pay attention to what's going on around you, you will see that life imitates art in a lot of cases. For example, how many folks around the Bay started wearing stunna shades, doin' the Thizz face, and poppin' E pills on a regular basis? I know an assload of people, and that's just in one city. That's just one example.

I'm a rap artist...I do blame drug dealers for sellin' the shit...but I also blame my fellow artists for puttin' it out there like there's nothin' wrong with it. We have a responsibility. It doesn't matter if our music reaches a thousand people, or a million people...'cause shit spreads like wildfire. Yea, we can blame the government for putting the drugs there...but what's the point in that if you're out doin' the shit too? Not to mention the artists that are speaking out against capitalistic drug dealing, but doin' lines inbetween takes. Isn't that kind of fucked up. Rap music has lost it's substance and stance against wrong in the world....that's just a fact.
thats real shit what u said...but look at it like this...ppl would still be using drugz if nobody rapped about um...thats a fact...i mean when u got problems that u dont want to deal with...ur gonna find a way to hide from them...so maybe a rapper would give sombody an idea or influence them to use a certain type of drug...but if the music was never there they would still find a way to hide or mask there problems weather it be coke,alcohol or whatever kind of drug...ya feel me

Sep 8, 2005
YungGung said:
yall act like mess is on a major label and put that shit out as a single its just a song on his underground album aint like he pushed it as a single
exactly. the song got big because it was clean and hella people was already playin wit they nose

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
nightmare916 said:
thats real shit what u said...but look at it like this...ppl would still be using drugz if nobody rapped about um...thats a fact...i mean when u got problems that u dont want to deal with...ur gonna find a way to hide from them...so maybe a rapper would give sombody an idea or influence them to use a certain type of drug...but if the music was never there they would still find a way to hide or mask there problems weather it be coke,alcohol or whatever kind of drug...ya feel me
Yea I feel you...makes perfect sense. I guess I should help breed more rappers that teach people how to fight to live, and never give up. That was a big message in music when I was a youngen, but that message isn't there anymore. People want to hear "If I can do it, you can do it". It's not going to save a nation, but it may save one person. So, maybe for every rapper saying, "I stick bendy straws and dollar bills up my nose" or "I stay with an oil burner"...there should be a rapper saying..."Life has fucked me, but I chose to fuck it back".

Maybe I'm dreamin'...but if my lyrics could stop one kid from killin' himself, I know we can stop people from killin' themselves. Since my words did just that, I know the latter is possible. Maybe not everybody, but it only takes one person to spark the mind of the one who will change the world.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
YOUNGMOE said:
i mean i wonder about some of y'all
a lot of dudes talk hood on this site
and ain't been around or have homies that use?
Its not a suprise to most of us and whether you from the ghetto or the richest hood in the bay drugs are all around. But when has it ever been the thing to look up to dope head or crack head is really the question.

And there different catagory of drugs and coke is in the catagory that can transfer physical addiction.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
FYI you can do heroin a few times and not get addicted same with meth... Might aswell rap about doen that shit to all in all is the same damn difference

Weed E acid shroom are in different in the fact they can expand ones mind... And you might lose some brain cells or be a e tard the next day... But besides being cranky you won't have any serious issues stopping

Feb 9, 2007
N JAIL U MY HOE said:
FYI you can do heroin a few times and not get addicted same with meth... Might aswell rap about doen that shit to all in all is the same damn difference

Weed E acid shroom are in different in the fact they can expand ones mind... And you might lose some brain cells or be a e tard the next day... But besides being cranky you won't have any serious issues stopping

But what about murdering? Is that ok to rap about? Thats worse than all that shit

Apr 25, 2002
N JAIL U MY HOE said:
Its not a suprise to most of us and whether you from the ghetto or the richest hood in the bay drugs are all around. But when has it ever been the thing to look up to dope head or crack head is really the question.

And there different catagory of drugs and coke is in the catagory that can transfer physical addiction.
it's whatever...you don't get what i'm saying

drugs and music have gone hand in hand since Beethoven was droppin hits of acid with Mozart

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
you dont have to look up to a dopehead to like a song called playing with my nose...

i think yall are bieng a little tightassed about it...

theres such a social stigma attached to drugs that people think youre nothing but a dopehead if you touch it...

what if the song was called drinkin on my beer?

smokin' on my cig or something?
sure, you dont snort coke but cant you appreciate the song?

just like some of yall say you dont look up to people doing dope so whats the big deal
they aint tryna impress you

i hate coke and i still like the song (ahh i might as qwell take the personal tidbit out of that.)
because it paints the picture it was supposed to paint

a song aint gon make you snort coke u wanted to try it regardless in ya heart