How did a song like "Playin wit my nose" get so big?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
Gas One said:
you dont have to look up to a dopehead to like a song called playing with my nose...

i think yall are bieng a little tightassed about it...

theres such a social stigma attached to drugs that people think youre nothing but a dopehead if you touch it...

what if the song was called drinkin on my beer?

smokin' on my cig or something?
sure, you dont snort coke but cant you appreciate the song?

just like some of yall say you dont look up to people doing dope so whats the big deal
they aint tryna impress you
word.. ecstasy is the new beer. and coke is cool now because it costs a lot of money to maintain that habit. just like smokin "purple haze", buying cartier for bitches or wearin red monkey jeans. its whats cool right now.
3 years ago it was throwbacks
2 years ago it was white t shirts
a year ago it was allover print hoodys that cost way too much.

now its anything that costs too much is the shit

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
LISICKI said:
I bet everyone on hear talkin bout how bad coke is dont even know what it taste like.

Too Short smoked major Rocks back in the day and hes doin just fine. Muthafuckas been rappin bout doin coke since white lines Ya'll 20 year olds jus dont remember that far back lol

Muthafuckas love emulating scarface but when it comes to that white girl they still brainwashed off just say no scare tactics.
If we're not into the shit, why would we want to know what it tastes like?

We're not "brainwashed" off just say no scare tactics. You ever been in a confrontation with a dope fiend? Any of your homies ever steal your shit and "help you try to find it"??? Watch the closest people to you die or get caught in the system? A lot of us grew up around people that did it, and that alone made us not fuck with it. That say no shit has nothin' to do with it...the real life scare tactics work good enough.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
synical dj said:
word.. ecstasy is the new beer. and coke is cool now because it costs a lot of money to maintain that habit. just like smokin "purple haze", buying cartier for bitches or wearin red monkey jeans. its whats cool right now.
3 years ago it was throwbacks
2 years ago it was white t shirts
a year ago it was allover print hoodys that cost way too much.

now its anything that costs too much is the shit
That's the realest shit right there. Cocaine used to be the drug of choice in Hollywood...probably still is. It is kind of a status symbol. Just like Whitney Houston said, "I don't smoke crack...crack is cheap"...isn't that what she said? lol!

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
LISICKI said:
]
Too Short smoked major Rocks back in the day and hes doin just fine. Muthafuckas been rappin bout doin coke since white lines Ya'll 20 year olds jus dont remember that far back lol
Oh, and I meant to respond to this. Too Short smoked major rocks, and he's doin' fine. Good reasoning. Scott Peterson dumped his wife off a fishing boat...sure he's on Death Row now, but he's doin' just fine.

If Too Short dies in his mid 50's, is he still going to be just fine?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
the whole point of rap music and mass media is virtual reality

those who listen to murder music want to feel the heat of the gun and know the psychological problems one might deal with seeing a persons last moments and bieng the one who dealt it, without having to personally deal with the problems associated.

kids play GTA san andreas but they arent exactly going to get themselves a jehi curl and knock out the nearest drug dealer for a free gun

unlike murderers who eventually are locked up or killed themselves, there is no lack of drug users in america, let alone the world. so in the same sense, drugs and sex are two things many people can relate to on many different levels.

some positive, such as recreational fun
some negative, such as poverty and jailtime

messy marv was painting his story. now if he talks about painting someones brains on a dashboard, im no more inclined to do that than play with my nose while i watch tv.

messy marv isnt even that much of a inspirational rapper like that.

why not worry about footage of 9/11? maybe thats inspiring new terrorists? video of the WTC falling on its ass is way more impressionable than fucking messy marv of all people talking about snorting half a gram while watching judge judy.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Gas One said:
what if the song was called drinkin on my beer?

smokin' on my cig or something?
People don't really rob or do dishonest shit to score a pack of Newports or a case of Corona. Maybe some, but not a whole hell of a lot. More importantly, people don't kill or die over blocks and corners so they can move their cigs. Shit like coke, crack, meth, etc. bring out the worst in human beings. It doesn't just effect the person, it effects the community.

You think cats get murdered over blocks because they think they own them? No, they get murdered over territory that brings in money.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Sydal said:
People don't really rob or do dishonest shit to score a pack of Newports or a case of Corona. Maybe some, but not a whole hell of a lot. More importantly, people don't kill or die over blocks and corners so they can move their cigs. Shit like coke, crack, meth, etc. bring out the worst in human beings. It doesn't just effect the person, it effects the community.

who the fuck robs or does dishonest shit snorting dope watching tv?

rarely has a cokehead who was snorting while watching tv, all the sudden ran out the house to rob people

you got cokeheads fucked up. cokeheads look through blinds, homie.

and people killed on the block isnt over someone sniffing a line while watching tv..its over money disputes.

and many a person has been sliced in jail over cigarettes...make them mutha fuckas contraband and see what happens

and if you have a tv and youre still snorting coke or any combination of both a tv and coke, and you somehow had access to studio equipment to record your ultimate cokehead anthem, you are not in the "worst of human biengs" category.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Gas One said:

rarely has a cokehead who was snorting while watching tv, all the sudden ran out the house to rob people

and people killed on the block isnt over someone sniffing a line while watching tv..its over money disputes.

and many a person has been sliced in jail over cigarettes...make them mutha fuckas contraband and see what happens

and if you have a tv and youre still snorting coke or any combination of both a tv and coke, and you somehow had access to studio equipment to record your ultimate cokehead anthem, you are not in the "worst of human biengs" category.
Your really stupid and have no clue...

A lot of fools snort coke before they pull a lick because it eases the nerviousness... Read malcom x he describes it well...

And yea maybe on coke you looken through ya blinds... But like Sydal says it leaves to turf wars which leads to murder for the sales. My brother was hooked on that shit for a long time, fucked up his money love and life.

You need to look at this shit like a revolutionary not a little kid fallowing the pide piper, you wanna make a difference for your people or just fallow a path that they been fallowing for centurys?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
N JAIL U MY HOE said:
Your really stupid and have no clue...

A lot of fools snort coke before they pull a lick because it eases the nerviousness... Read malcom x he describes it well...

And yea maybe on coke you looken through ya blinds... But like Sydal says it leaves to turf wars which leads to murder for the sales. My brother was hooked on that shit for a long time, fucked up his money love and life.

You need to look at this shit like a revolutionary not a little kid fallowing the pide piper, you wanna make a difference for your people or just fallow a path that they been fallowing for centurys?
says a dude with a gay ass screen name like "n jail u my hoe"...i dont think id take your word for anything homeboy...

a nigga snorting a line watching tv is not going to jump outside and pull a lick, they gon continue watchin tv. more than lilely they already pulled a lick and THATS WHY THEY IN FRONT OF THE TV SNORTIN.

stop watchin the wire.

messy marvs song was about him chillin out and snorting a few lines.
i dont need to be impressed with what you think is your hood knowledge, i was born and raised around the shit.

stupid ass niggas think everyone that snorts coke pulls licks....niggas coked up get licks pulled on them....

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Gas One said:

I didn't say those folks are the worst of human beings, I said that shit BRINGS OUT THE WORST IN HUMAN BEINGS! Don't flip my verbage around dude.

You obviously have no clue what I'm talkin' about, 'cause I didn't say folks sniffin' were the problem...I said the shit they are sniffin' is the problem. BIG DIFFERENCE. IF you know about the blocks and how street politics work, you would know where those money disputes stem from. Or why the turf wars got as hardcore as they did. This all didn't and doesn't stem from a drunken bet during a few games of bowling. It's over the little piece of pavement that white powder and rock shit is sold on.

Also, about cigarettes...ok...people in jail get fucked up over cigs. That's not your normal, every day situation. People on the block don't kill for a cig, feel me? I've never been robbed by a dude suffering from a Nic Fit. I've never had a friend lie and steal from me while drinkin' a tall can.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
youve never had a friend lie and steal from you while drinking a tall can?

you aint ran into too many alcoholics yet...
cuz ive lied and stealed (stole, im stupid) from quite a few people while drinking a tall can

and people getting fucked up over a cig is a daily situation in jails across america

were looking at things through different viewpoints, point is they all converge together and a drug can have many different outlooks some positive some negative

if your parents did their job, messy marvs song will not make you snort coke

if they didnt, god bless you

im off work so were gonna leave it at that, agree to disagree or whatever. i still like the song and many others do as well

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
DopeBoyFresh said:
i snorted coke last night and robbed no one!!!!!

hooray for me and my playin wit my nose habit
No one says doing once inwhile is gonna kill or hurt nobody ( unless you od )

And whether mess is an addict or a weekend user is besides the point.

I agree with Sydal that rap and rappers are missing the point of what they say effect people and whoever say rap don't effect them is lying... Why would we be on bart why would we use there new slang why would we fallow styles... Why would a kid not do E or coke? Why would a rapper not impower his community youth with some actual knowledge... Biggie smalls said it best "don't get high on ya own supply"

You think pac would be rappen on songs like playen wit my nose?

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Gas One said:
youve never had a friend lie and steal from you while drinking a tall can?

you aint ran into too many alcoholics yet...
cuz ive lied and stealed (stole, im stupid) from quite a few people while drinking a tall can

and people getting fucked up over a cig is a daily situation in jails across america

were looking at things through different viewpoints, point is they all converge together and a drug can have many different outlooks some positive some negative

if your parents did their job, messy marvs song will not make you snort coke

if they didnt, god bless you

im off work so were gonna leave it at that, agree to disagree or whatever. i still like the song and many others do as well
Naw, I distance myself from folks with addictive issues. I've tried to be around 'em, but it doesn't work. So, the minute a friend gets fucked up and I realize there's no helpin' 'em, I cut 'em off. Too much heartache if you stick around while they fuck you and everybody else they come into contact with.

On another note, I agree with the parenting thing. Problem is, a lot of parents these days aren't doing their jobs....and kids have to learn from others. There's always been parental issues with folks, but when babies started having babies in record numbers, parenting went DOOOOOWN, and those kids are the ones in their teens now, who got this whole shit fucked up.

And yea, my parents raised me to use my head...god bless them for that. I've never been one to follow others, and I've always been the one to bring help to those that need and WANT it. I can see our communities NEED it, and I know a lot of these people WANT IT...and that's what I'm about.

We can agree to disagree, no love lost...it's all a matter of opinion and viewpoints.

Nov 1, 2005
The song slap.....Its A Rich Man's high....I remember 40 say'n something bout Playing wit that " Suga Booga" had me dying wit the pharse he gave it.....See lot motherfockers fuck'n wit it in the clubs....Messy jus spit'n some real shit that he do....