How did a song like "Playin wit my nose" get so big?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 27, 2006
im 22 and when i was in high school i knew a gang of niggaz who used to smoke chewys, and smoke nade and crip so its nothin new to me. I know yall remember that old school e-40 song where he say somethin like ," now gimme some cigarrets and matches man and watch me do it, dip my cancer stick into embalmin fluid." so man i been peeped drugs use in bay rap since the early 90's. all they tryna do now is sell it to the squares cuz they listenen.
And shit back in 2000 andre nickatina was the biggest bay rapper in san diego which is a basically mostly white populated city, just because he did coke.

Dec 25, 2003
king of the O said:
niggaz be on the block grindin with rocks in they mouth, the coke seep through the bag and then they hooked
gtfo...lmao

"How you get addicted to coke son?"

"I was out there with some spitters homie....pretty soon I was suckin on rocks in baggies like ten times a day"

Come on.

Feb 5, 2006
WHITE DEVIL said:
gtfo...lmao

"How you get addicted to coke son?"

"I was out there with some spitters homie....pretty soon I was suckin on rocks in baggies like ten times a day"

Come on.

HAHAHA

U HEAR EVERYBODY SLAPPIN THAT SONG IN VALLEJO. SHIT GOT STUCK IN MY HEAD A FEW MONTHS AGO

Dec 23, 2006
City Situation said:
Yup it's also coo to pop Es now. That shit has been around for so long, i wanna say even before the first rap song on wax. I kno people who even sing a long to E songs and nose candy shit who dont even do either drug
im feelin u on dat one (( no homo ))

i know people who got weed symbols all over their clothes and one guy i know even has a grill wit a weed symbol on it...but none of them smoke...

Feb 9, 2007
Beasty said:
I think the bay is the only region in hiphop that brags about snorting coke in dey raps.Correct me if im wrong.

Half on a sac by 3-6 is slap hella hard. they are takin bout yay the whole time. hella rappers talk about yay

Jan 1, 2006
That's all bad... I know Ayo for Yayo was a sick joint when it first dropped but I wasn't motivated to do yola. I haven't heard this new one, but I figure I'll drop my two cents.

Ecstasy was looked upon as wack drug too, I didn't know anyone that dropped other than to experiment but as soon as it was dubbed thizz and Mac Dre was singing about it everyone and they're mama was on it.

A-1 is a different it's been around longer but you can make anything catchy if you really wanted to. The demograph for these songs are mainly youth and they eat up anything and try anything and everything. Some are smarter than others but most... well you know

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
aint nothin changed that much, I was doing acid and tootin lines to the shit in the 90s when i was a youngster. Its not influence, its what kids do they experiment. I turned out alright imo if you live your whole life not experiencing anything then you arent living life. DO a little blow shit aint gonna kill ya lol. Not at first at least just dont turn into a fiend. I've done a shit load of drugs in my time and i turned out fine, there have been songs about doing drugs since the 60s. aint shit changed. musicians generally do alot of drugs, it kinda goes with the lifestyle. I wouldnt bump no lame ass shit rapping about shit that aint no fun. Its cool to have posititive shit in your music too but a whole album of it is a tad preechy even when your older like me.

Just cuz Mess raps about doing powder all the time doesnt mean i'm gonna cop some, I dont like coke anymore makes me too anxious lol. Same with Es and shit like that, its your choice. Problem is kids nowadays want so much to be like Mac Dre they thinkpoppin some thizz will make them take on the Mac Dre super pimp personna. Fuck it give it a shot kiddies, but dont blame the late great Mac Dre when you turn into a burnt out thizz head

Feb 23, 2006
i hear bitches in the back of the bus sayin that shit....'playin wit my nose'...i say to myself....this bitch damn well is not gangsta....and does not play fuck wit yola. fat bitch....

some chick had that song as a ringtone too....

but...yea, i guess it juss might the chorus that makes it so big.

Aug 11, 2006
about the same time i found messy marv's music dropping off i started to notice the coke stuff as well. messy used to have tight lyrics, but hes singin a hook like "playin wit my nose"?? i liked the beat but when he had that dumb chorus, it ruined the song. messy marv has had an ear for stealing good beats from other artists (not just samples, entire beats) but even over good music, he'll squak "click clak gang click clak gang..." or some other lazy BS.
rappers who talk about coke on tapes (husalah, messy, nickatina are pretty good examples) -have weak tapes, nonsensical lyrics, and generally sound like theyre wacked out tweakers. maybe marvin gaye could make a good "coke song" (sad tomorrows is A+) but husalah, messy and the rest of these trendy clowns are not on that level, even if they think they are after their 8ball.

remember, messy marv jumped out a window on drugs not too long ago and broke his legs.