Harden to Rockets

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 6, 2008
San Jose, Ca
Imagine the Rockets vs. Thunder in the 1st round, rockets would have to grow up real fast. I know Asik is ready he's battle tested. Harden already went off against the thunder for 46 right, why couldn't it happen in the playoffs?

Props: :ab:
Jan 12, 2006
Are they gonna pay the max to a bench player? Also it wasn't straight up for Martin they get the Raptors first rounder and dude is a draft master. They still have a hell of a shot to go to the finals. They're still gonna be great for 5-7 years. You're not seeing the big picture. It was make one more run and lose him for nothing in return or trade him for a different bench scorer and a high draft pick. I completely understand the trade.
LOL @ "draft master", this guy had the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th pick in a 3 year period. Also his main pick was Durant a guy that fell in his lap after the blazers choked and picked Oden first so the obvious pick was Durant. Giving him props for drafting durant is like giving props to the GM who drafted Lebron. Also Harden wasn't looking for a Max contract that is just what the Rockets offered him, Harden was just looking for a little more then what the thunder were offering him, he felt like the thunder low balled him which they did.

Also no one said the Thunder were done, this trade will keep them relevant but they had dynasty potential with Harden on the roster, those are two very different things. For as much as you praise Sam Presti as a "draft master" he has made some horrible trades, Perkins for Jeff Green and now this harden trade. By the way, why do you cats keep bringing up Kevin Martin? You do realize he will also be a free agent after this season. So the Thunder will have to let him walk or cash him out just like Harden. The thunder pretty much gave up Harden for Lamb who is currently in the d league and a draft pick who is going to take a few years to develop. LMAO

I'll leave you guys with this quote though from a Thunder Beat Writer:

after Wednesday's Rockets game, "It’s convenient to say it’s only one loss for the Thunder and just one win for the Rockets. But it’s really not. The reality is it’s not about today. What we witnessed Harden do here was a cold-blooded reminder of what could have been in OKC. Nothing has ever drilled that home quite like the show Harden just strung together."

Last edited:
Props: Rasan

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Again, it was a good move for the Thunder. Kevin Martin has been underrated off the bench and we got a good return for Harden. Why sign Harden to a max deal and risk not being able to sign Ibaka and Perkins? WE NEED IBAKA no matter what and got him at a steal really for what he probably woulda got somewhere else.

And screw Harden. All I ever heard about him is about how he wanted to keep this team together and create a dynasty and how he loved the guys on the team and how money wasn't the biggest issue. He left for basically a million dollars per year if I remember correctly (which OKC was already reaching for) and the "tax benefit" of playing in Texas. He still pays taxes for every other state he plays in other than Texas and Florida which is obviously half of the season, so now he's down to less than a million per year. He sold a grip of t-shirts and jerseys here in this city. More t-shirts and fake beards and all that b.s. than any player by far, they were all over the damn place here and he was a bench player!!! He said he was fine with his role coming off the bench and leading the 2nd team. Obviously he was lying out his butt about all that. He wanted to be the centerpiece. I don't blame him but don't lie the whole time about it. Sefalosha started for a reason that whole time, keep that in mind.
I don't about screw harden. Dude was a vital piece to you guys getting as far as u did. Even tho he got cold feet in the finals, okc shoulda paid dude. Maybe not what he got in the h, but something comparable imo.
Nba is a business. When shaq left orlando I understood why, he deserved the big money. Nothing wrong with that. I really think harden was comfortable in his role, he just wanted more money. If he wanted to be promoted tho to be a starter what's wrong with that?

Props: IronLungs420

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
That thunder beat writer is putting the 2 on the 10. It's just one regular season game. That would be like me saying Hardens not that good cuz the Bucks won in Houston last week. Everyone will probably blow it out of proportion in the other direction when OKC whips Houston's ass in the playoffs.

Oct 11, 2009
i don't about screw harden. Dude was a vital piece to you guys getting as far as u did. Even tho he got cold feet in the finals, okc shoulda paid dude. Maybe not what he got in the h, but something comparable imo.
Nba is a business. When shaq left orlando i understood why, he deserved the big money. Nothing wrong with that. I really think harden was comfortable in his role, he just wanted more money. If he wanted to be promoted tho to be a starter what's wrong with that?
he was offered 4 years and 55 million... And this was for a bench player... Even tho he was a great player... They were willing to pay him damn near 14 million a year to come off the bench... He wanted to start and he didn't like the offer we gave him...

Props: Rasan
Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Nah, screw Harden lol He was part of the reason they got that far, no question. But I'm talking about this year. You see the team the Thunder are without him, basically the same team. #2 in the power rankings behind the Heat who are on a 14 game win streak, I think we'll be okay. He played like I would've played in the Finals and he got a more than fair deal offered to him. Like I said, basically less than a half million per year (maybe less) to play somewhere else on a worse team, after all the crap he talked about wanting to be here. After saying he liked the role, after saying he didn't want to be the centerpiece on a team when he was drafted etc... Screw Harden.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
lol I have never been a "fan" of Harden's even though I'm a Thunder fan and I'm even less of a Harden fan now. It is what it is.

Harden did drop 46 or whatever it was last game but the Thunder also embarrassed Harden the first 2 times they played if I remember correctly. I think the boss up on the Rockets if they play each other.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
LOL @ "draft master", this guy had the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th pick in a 3 year period. Also his main pick was Durant a guy that fell in his lap after the blazers choked and picked Oden first so the obvious pick was Durant. Giving him props for drafting durant is like giving props to the GM who drafted Lebron. Also Harden wasn't looking for a Max contract that is just what the Rockets offered him, Harden was just looking for a little more then what the thunder were offering him, he felt like the thunder low balled him which they did.

Also no one said the Thunder were done, this trade will keep them relevant but they had dynasty potential with Harden on the roster, those are two very different things. For as much as you praise Sam Presti as a "draft master" he has made some horrible trades, Perkins for Jeff Green and now this harden trade. By the way, why do you cats keep bringing up Kevin Martin? You do realize he will also be a free agent after this season. So the Thunder will have to let him walk or cash him out just like Harden. The thunder pretty much gave up Harden for Lamb who is currently in the d league and a draft pick who is going to take a few years to develop. LMAO
They had 3 top 5 picks in 3 years, not 4 top picks. Also, EVERYONE thought Presti was stupid for the Westbrook and Harden picks and look at those players now. He was absolutely right about those players. Hate on Westbrook for a million reasons but he's a damn talented player and a vital piece of the Thunder. Same thing with Harden but now he's the best player on another team.

The Perkins trade was vital too. It was unpopular but smart. The Thunder's starting center was Nenad Kristic who sucks big time balls. There were no willing trade pieces on the market for Green at that time (a 2nd round pick) for a decent center. Green was playing out of position on the Thunder because he was never going to start at the 3 over KD. We needed a PF and got one in the 2nd round with Ibaka (great draft pick by Presti again) and got Perkins who got motivated by this team and slimmed down and gave the team the toughness and attitude they desperately needed. They don't really need him anymore, but they needed him over the last 2 years. Presti has done a brilliant job with this team and to say otherwise is stupid

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2013
Harden staying with the Thunder for less money and playing time is stupid. I guess this is the new era of the NBA though where everyone is scared to start there own thing on another team and will take pay cuts / lose burn so they have the security of winning. I want to see a star go to the Blazers, or somewhere like the Bucks. The super teams are making basketball unwatchable

Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
Thunder in 6, MAYYBEE 7 . They've actually been on a slide lately..i love OKC but right now is the best time for them to get upset (possibly even by LAC if both win this series). losing harden doesnt seem like a big deal until u play AGAINST him in the playoffs. Houston is tough down low. this is gonna be a great series