Harden to Rockets

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
WTF? they just conceded the west coast championship to the lake show before the start of the season.

Thunder trade James Harden to Rockets - Yahoo! Sports

The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded James Harden to the Houston Rockets after they were unable to agree to a contract extension with the star guard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Rockets sent Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources told Y! Sports. Along with Harden, the Thunder will send Cole Aldrich, Lazar Hayward and Daequan Cook to the Rockets.
Houston also sent two 2013 first-round picks (from Dallas and Toronto) to Oklahoma City, sources told Y! Sports, as well as a 2013 second-round pick (via Charlotte). The Thunder will receive the Toronto pick this year if it's slotted Nos. 4-14. That pick also is top-three protected in 2014, top-two protected in 2015 and top-one protected in 2016.

Contract extension talks between the Thunder and Harden broke down, and Thunder general manger Sam Presti moved quickly to trade the guard. Harden rejected a four-year offer that would have paid him a base salary of $53 million to $54 million, league sources said. That offer would have pushed OKC's payroll to $95 million, and Thunder officials weren't willing to go any higher. The 2012-13 salary cap is set at just over $58 million, and the luxury tax kicks in at $70.3 million, while a four-year max deal is worth $60 million.
The Thunder are already paying franchise stars Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook on maximum contracts. The trade breaks up OKC's young core, which carried the franchise into last season's NBA Finals. The Thunder agreed to a four-year contract extension worth about $50 million with forward Serge Ibaka after the season.
Houston hasn't been allowed to discuss a contract extension with Harden's agent Rob Pelinka yet, but will start immediately once the deal is officially completed. Houston can choose to give Harden a four or five-year maximum contract extension.
The Rockets are expected to make a max offer of four or five years before Wednesday's deadline for the class of 2009 extensions, sources said. Harden is expected to come to terms and never see restricted free agency in the summer of 2013.
Harden, 23, averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists last season and was named the league's Sixth Man of the Year.
Martin is happy to be headed to the Thunder.
"Oh my gosh!" he told Y! Sports' Marc Spears. "Feels like a dream. Sometimes words can't describe it."

Jan 12, 2006
The coast is clear!

I'm glad the Thunder had to give up Harden but at the same time I feel bad for small market teams. It's impossible for them to compete with the big market teams at times. No way they can keep 3 max contracts(Harden, Westbrook, Durant). The thunder imo though also had a hand in fucking themselves over, they chose Ibaka over Harden. I would've traded Ibaka before I fucked around and got rid of a 23 year old Gold Medal Winner, 6th man of the year that still hasn't entered his prime.

Oh well karma for that owner after the shady shit him and stern did to seattle.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
I don't think the trades that bad for them tho since they were gonna lose him for nothing after this year. They'll still be good also. They got good players back and potentially the 4th pick.

Props: Joey
Jun 6, 2008
San Jose, Ca
They offered him like 10 + a year. That's on harden he didn't want to stay fuck him time to move on. Yeah he was coo but didn't do shiit when they really needed him. Kevin Martin is just like him he will fit in coo.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
RIP okc. they are fucking through. I am in Houston right now and rockets fans are hella happy this deal happened. the lake show now has an even clearer path to the chip.

conspiracy theory: stern had harden go to the rockets in order to ensure a kobe vs lebron finals match up. just remember I said it first.

Jan 12, 2006
conspiracy theory: stern had harden go to the rockets in order to ensure a kobe vs lebron finals match up. just remember I said it first.
Doubt it, if that was the case he would have never vetoed the Chris Paul trade. Lakers acquiring Nash and Howard is what ensured a kobe vs lebron finals match up.

Kobe, Nash, Howard, Gasol>>>Harden, Westbrook, Durant

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Harden is good but Jeremy Lamb has the potential to be a monster..Dude tore up the summer league..Yes its summer league but Lamb is a solid player..Kevin Martin is no slouch either...OKC just got stronger in my opinion....

I wouldnt have given harden that much money either...

Props: :ab:
Jan 12, 2006
Harden is good but Jeremy Lamb has the potential to be a monster..Dude tore up the summer league..Yes its summer league but Lamb is a solid player..Kevin Martin is no slouch either...OKC just got stronger in my opinion....

I wouldnt have given harden that much money either...
So are you saying you rather have an unproven lamb and Martin who has reached his peak over James Harden??

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
I would've traded Ibaka before I fucked around and got rid of a 23 year old Gold Medal Winner, 6th man of the year that still hasn't entered his prime
i understand where you're coming from...

but i think the thunder would be a better team without harden as opposed to ibaka, that's just me though...

Jan 12, 2006
The new nba values quality athletic guards over defensive big men. You need shooters, people who can put up points and defend the opposing teams wings. Ibaka is a bad fit for this thunder team in my opinion just like perkins. I think the Thunder panicked after the lakers picked up Dwight and thought we need "big men too! So they held on to perkins and over paid Ibaka. Durant, Harden, Westbrook>>Ibaka, Perkins, Westbrook, Durant

I'll take the 3 gold medal winners with chemistry through the roof over overrated Perkins and over paid ibaka. Just my 2 cents I could be wrong.

OKC should not panic, Martin was solid out in Sac AVG almost 25 PPG in 08-09. I think Martin should start at the 2, and have Sefolosha come off the bench.

Harden let greed get the best of him unfortunately, he'd certainly rather have more $ out in Houston but that team is in the rebuilding process right now, opposed to getting more opportunities to compete for a championship. 54 mill wasn't enough for him that is the business aspect for you, he chose money over possible championships. He'll regret that decision when Durant and company have a ring or two in the next 4 to 5 years while the Rockets will still be rebuilding most likely.

May 4, 2005
i dont know why everybody saying okc made a bad trade.

they got kevin martin and jermery lamb. id almost say they got the better side of the deal.

Oct 11, 2009
I hear people everywhere talkin about the chemistry... Nobody thinks the fact that harden playin for a big contract woulda fucked up the chemistry?? With 2 new sg's and 3 draft picks the thunder made out like bandits in this trade... They traded a sixth man and got what they woulda got by trading a superstar... Hope harden enjoys his money while playing second fiddle to jeremy lin... He'll have more time to spend it since it'll either e an early exit from the playoffs or missing the playoffs altogether...

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Is ok still an elite team? Yes. Are they going to the finals? No. Imo, no way. They lost too much help for their second squad. And it ain't like Westbrook is about become a distributor.

Props: IronLungs420