Harden to Rockets

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Why get rid of him though? when you could've hit Perkins with amnesty and trade Ibaka, or amnesty perkins and pay the luxury tax on harden. The Thunder put themselves in this situation. How you going to cash out Westbrook, Ibaka, and Perkins before you even make Harden an offer? Also this isn't the NFL picks aren't as valued by the elite teams. They are mainly used for trades, Look at the Heat, Lakers, Mavs, and Celtics(winners of the last 5 titles). They all went through Free agency and trades to win their chips!

How have all them draft picks worked out for the Bucks?? A b ball team consists of 11 players but really a rotation of 8. This isn't the NFL where you're trying to build a 50+ man roster.

Also you think Durant cares about a pick that's going to takes a few years to develop?? Durant wants to win now!
Good teams don't give a fuck about draft picks cuz any pick outside the top 10 in the NBA is worthless. You pretty much gotta get lucky to draft a good dude outside the top 5. Bucks never have a pick that high. Also OKC isn't those teams you mentioned, they build through the draft exceptionally.

Jun 6, 2008
San Jose, Ca
Camon Iron Lungs who said anything about Perkins, he ain't been the same since his injury. Martin was 3/6 from 3 point line coming off the bench he daam near had most of those 21.
Spurs were also playing with a lil extra 2 prove + a buzzer beater by parker!

Like I said its along season tonight there's are some more great games, Lakeshow and the Clipps......Dwight better b ready for Blake to come flyin like superman over his dome.

Jan 12, 2006
Camon Iron Lungs who said anything about Perkins, he ain't been the same since his injury. Martin was 3/6 from 3 point line coming off the bench he daam near had most of those 21.
Spurs were also playing with a lil extra 2 prove + a buzzer beater by parker!

Like I said its along season tonight there's are some more great games, Lakeshow and the Clipps......Dwight better b ready for Blake to come flyin like superman over his dome.
Nice how you forgot to mention the Thunder got worked by the Spurs when the spurs were missing ginobli, who was going to check him?? Martin? lmao, martin will give you 20 points but will also let you drop 30 on em!

Harden 45 points tonight! Thunder GM BLOWS!

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Nice how you forgot to mention the Thunder got worked by the Spurs when the spurs were missing ginobli, who was going to check him?? Martin? lmao, martin will give you 20 points but will also let you drop 30 on em!

Harden 45 points tonight! Thunder GM BLOWS!
Ya what a bum. He doesn't know talent and never drafted any good players.

Jan 12, 2006
Ya what a bum. He doesn't know talent and never drafted any good players.
I meant he blew that trade, he was money on Harden 3 years ago, because most people said he drafted him too soon. He proved them wrong but how the hell are you going to trade Harden your #3 overall pick from 3 years ago for some decent players and some others who are currently unproven. Also I'm not debating that those picks he received are a bad thing. I was just shocked to see how much people in this thread actually thought the thunder came out on top. Made ZERO SENSE to me, Harden shits on all those cats that were traded for him. You yourself called him a "chucker" lmao.

yall are missin the point. harden was never going to be the number 1 option in oaklahoma.
What does that have to do with anything? Bosh and Wade were the #1 option on their squads for years and they don't seem to have a problem playing second and third option to Lebron. Also Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all make roughly the same amount of money per year. Pat Riley isn't stupid though, he's not going to tell Bosh, "Hey lebron is getting 15 this year, you're no where near as good as him so you only deserve 11 per year." He knows dam well if Bosh hits the market teams will be lining up to give him the Max offer. Rumors say 15 teams were interested in Harden and were going to offer him a Max contract.

Like I said the GM has made some solid moves but it doesn't eliminate the fact that he fucked up bad on this one. 1 top 3 player, 1 top 10 player, and 1 top 15 player all under 25. You don't break that shit up.

All Harden wanted was his fair market value that he deserved and had earned, don't know why people think he is greedy, the guy knows his capabilities and still made no fuss about coming off the bench. That to me is a team player and a fan favorite.

Last edited:

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
I meant he blew that trade, he was money on Harden 3 years ago, because most people said he drafted him too soon. He proved them wrong but how the hell are you going to trade Harden your #3 overall pick from 3 years ago for some decent players and some others who are currently unproven. Also I'm not debating that those picks he received are a bad thing. I was just shocked to see how much people in this thread actually thought the thunder came out on top. Made ZERO SENSE to me, Harden shits on all those cats that were traded for him. You yourself called him a "chucker" lmao.

What does that have to do with anything? Bosh and Wade were the #1 option on their squads for years and they don't seem to have a problem playing second and third option to Lebron. Also Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all make roughly the same amount of money per year. Pat Riley isn't stupid though, he's not going to tell Bosh, "Hey lebron is getting 15 this year, you're no where near as good as him so you only deserve 11 per year." He knows dam well if Bosh hits the market teams will be lining up to give him the Max offer. Rumors say 15 teams were interested in Harden and were going to offer him a Max contract.

Like I said the GM has made some solid moves but it doesn't eliminate the fact that he fucked up bad on this one. 1 top 3 player, 1 top 10 player, and 1 top 15 player all under 25. You don't break that shit up.

All Harden wanted was his fair market value that he deserved and had earned, don't know why people think he is greedy, the guy knows his capabilities and still made no fuss about coming off the bench. That to me is a team player and a fan favorite.
Haha I'm a chucker. People use to say I was a black hole.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
im sayin mayby harden wanted out of okc.

mayby he wanted to run his own team instead of playing in durant/westbrooks shadow

mayby he wanted to start, play 40+ mins and drop 30 points a game.
that's real.

He was prolly watching Westbrook play from the bench thinking, I can run the team way better than this guy.

it's really time to cut that fucking beard tho.

Props: 360_541

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
45 points today OKC messed up big time
There was not enough ball to go around for him to get off like this tho..In OKC what Harden is doing now is Durants job....

He went from being the 3rd option coming off the bench...To a 1st option starter....

Jan 12, 2006
There was not enough ball to go around for him to get off like this tho..In OKC what Harden is doing now is Durants job....

He went from being the 3rd option coming off the bench...To a 1st option starter....
Are you sure that's Durants job, becuase it seems like westbrook thinks he's the first option. He takes more shots and seems to think he can score more points then Durant too. Durant has shown he has no problem sharing the ball, so I highly doubt anyone was complaining that there wasn't enough shots to go around.

OKC gm blows? I disagree...OKC will be fine
Fine?? yes, win a title? I don't think so. Isn't that why they play the game to win it all?

Besides you act like you cats were claiming Harden needed to go be a first option somewhere else, you cats made it seem like Harden was nothing more then a sixth man that wouldn't be missed in OKC. Lamb or Martin are not 1st options for any team in the NBA, yet they got traded for a cat who can be the 1st option.

Thunder = Oakland Athletics

They're playing moneyball over in OKC, stay relevant long term but win ZERO titles. Good business for the owner since he continues to profit but bad business for the fans who want a title and had a shot before trading Harden.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2006
We will see how the thunders season ends, and most importantly we will have to wait and see Lamb's development and the progress of those picks that they acquired(if they keep them and don't trade them away). Then we will get to see what GM came out on top or if it turned out to be a win-win situation for both teams.

Great discussion going on in this thread by the way, why I like this forum.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Thing is even if they kept Harden they prolly wouldn't have won it all this year and then he would have walked as a free agent. They got a high draft pick, a prospect and a proven veteran scorer. I think they still have a decent shot to reach the finals again.

Props: IronLungs420