Harden to Rockets

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
Sources: James Harden gets $80M

The Houston Rockets agreed with guard James Harden on a five-year, $80 million contract Wednesday, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

The deal comes four days after the Rockets pulled off a stunning trade to acquire Harden from the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Houston sent shooting guard Kevin Martin and 2012 first-round draft pick Jeremy Lamb to Oklahoma City, along with future draft choices.

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey called Harden a "foundational player" on Monday, stating that the reigning Sixth Man of the Year is "a player we can build around."

The Rockets, who also signed point guard Jeremy Lin this offseason, visit the Detroit Pistons in their regular-season opener Wednesday.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
The coast is clear!

I'm glad the Thunder had to give up Harden but at the same time I feel bad for small market teams. It's impossible for them to compete with the big market teams at times. No way they can keep 3 max contracts(Harden, Westbrook, Durant). The thunder imo though also had a hand in fucking themselves over, they chose Ibaka over Harden. I would've traded Ibaka before I fucked around and got rid of a 23 year old Gold Medal Winner, 6th man of the year that still hasn't entered his prime.

Oh well karma for that owner after the shady shit him and stern did to seattle.
I think OKC did the right move... Ibaka is a good big man. Can block shots, rebound, shoot pretty good from a distance. I would've let Harden go before Ibaka. Harden couldn't even stop Wade when it counted and he choked.

Jan 12, 2006
I think OKC did the right move... Ibaka is a good big man. Can block shots, rebound, shoot pretty good from a distance. I would've let Harden go before Ibaka. Harden couldn't even stop Wade when it counted and he choked.
LOL @ coundn't even stop wade, are you being serious??? Wade is a top 5 player in the NBA maybe even higher at times. That's like saying, "Durant is wack and choked, he couldn't even stop LeBron James." Ibaka and Perkins struggled against Anthony, Howard, Haslem, and Pitman smdh. Perkins and Ibaka never had a big hand in winning any of their critical playoff games. Now go back and see the the trouble Harden was giving Kobe, he didn't stop him but he definitely did a solid job, also don't be quick to forget when the Spurs were up 2-0 Harden in the words of many "Out ginobilied Manu Ginobli". Is harden being over payed?? Of course, the Rockets are desperate they missed out on D Williams and D Howard. Look how they also over paid Lin, but even with that it doesn't change the fact that Harden is better then Ibaka.

Jan 12, 2006
Harden runs the point better then anyone on that Thunder roster, and guess what the best thing about him is? He doesn't take any shots away from the most lethal scorer in the NBA Kevin Durant. He takes what the offense gives him, he drives well when the offense is stale and lives at the free throw line. Kevin Martin is a chucker, you think he's going to put up 17 ppg like he did in Sac and Houston where he had the green light to let the ball go?

Thunder made the right move in the sense that they were going to lose him anyways, so they where smart to get a good amount of pieces back. So if you're making that point I 110% agree, but if you're trying to tell me that they are better off now then they would've been if the roster remained the same as it was a few weeks ago. Well with that point I completely disagree.

Jan 12, 2006

Highly Questionable ‏@DLHQ
It's blowing my mind right now that all it took to get James Harden was Kevin Martin and a couple draft picks.

First game with little to no practice with his new squad.
James Harden = 37points/12assists/6rebs/4steals

Yeah he was coo but didn't do shiit when they really needed him. Kevin Martin is just like him he will fit in coo.
Harden is good but Jeremy Lamb has the potential to be a monster..Dude tore up the summer league..Yes its summer league but Lamb is a solid player..Kevin Martin is no slouch either...OKC just got stronger in my opinion....

I wouldnt have given harden that much money either...
but i think the thunder would be a better team without harden as opposed to ibaka, that's just me though...
i dont know why everybody saying okc made a bad trade.

they got kevin martin and jermery lamb. id almost say they got the better side of the deal.
Hope harden enjoys his money while playing second fiddle to jeremy lin...
Hardens a chucker. Lol I saw that Seinfeld today where they call George a chucker for shooting everytime he gets the ball.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2008
San Jose, Ca
@ Iron lungs. A lil mad things ain't startin as we expected Dwight ain't lookin to good. Don't triip its a long season! A maybe w/o rose y'all can beat the bulls this year.

Harden was way overpaid, I get it lin, asik and harden there lil 3! Lin he had his lil tebow run he's gotta alot to prove. Harden didn't do shiit when it counted! Asik is still lookin for his o!
What about the bench?

If Houston does better than OKC than ok but I doubt it!
& Ibaka was well woth that money the reason they got him is for the postseason against other teams best.

Jan 12, 2006
@ Iron lungs. A lil mad things ain't startin as we expected Dwight ain't lookin to good. Don't triip its a long season! A maybe w/o rose y'all can beat the bulls this year.

Harden was way overpaid, I get it lin, asik and harden there lil 3! Lin he had his lil tebow run he's gotta alot to prove. Harden didn't do shiit when it counted! Asik is still lookin for his o!
What about the bench?

If Houston does better than OKC than ok but I doubt it!
& Ibaka was well woth that money the reason they got him is for the postseason against other teams best.
mad? not even close, just like talking sports. Also never once did I say or even hint that Houston is better then OKC, so don't derail the thread. All I was saying that Harden leaving OKC will have a major impact on OKC come playoff time, I just don't see how K martin and Lamb = Harden.

As for the Lakers I'm not upset at all they have won 5 titles in 15 years, thats 1 every 3 years. That's almost as much as the bulls have won in their entire history.

Jun 6, 2008
San Jose, Ca
Fosho Iron Lungs remember just talkin sports. But u gettin happy right now like you said it matters in the playoffs. You are sayin like OKC messed up now how no way Harden moved on Kevin martin will do fine minus and ego, the only way to get the better of the trade is for HOU to better than OKC otherwise what we talkin.

Jan 12, 2006
Fosho Iron Lungs remember just talkin sports. But u gettin happy right now like you said it matters in the playoffs. You are sayin like OKC messed up now how no way Harden moved on Kevin martin will do fine minus and ego, the only way to get the better of the trade is for HOU to better than OKC otherwise what we talkin.
Houston did get better, of course they are no where near OKC. Houston imo went from missing the playoffs to now being a 7th or 8th seed. Lin isn't a all star but he is a legit PG, harden at SG, now they need to go hard in free agency and add one more all star and they will be ready to compete in the west. Houston has already shown they're willing to spend money unlike OKC.

Also how did OKC not mess up, last time I checked they went to the finals and loss to the best player in the world who was on a mission after choking the prior season. A hall of fame player in wade that has top 5 NBA talent and Bosh who is also an All-Star. Nothing to be ashamed of, the heat are no joke.

OKC 2010 - First round Exit - Loss to Lakers(Champs)
OKC 2011 - Conference Finals Exit - Loss to Mavs(Champs)
OKC 2012 - Finals exit - loss to Heat(Champs)

Harden, Westbrook, and Durant kept growing as players every year together, this is the year they were going to put it all together and make a run at the championship.

Jun 6, 2008
San Jose, Ca
All good let's just see. Houston is on the rise fosho.....80 million tho. Yeah good game keep it up I ain't sayin harden ain't good I just disagree that OKC is wrong. They offered he didn't accept well peace! Better than letting him walk.
Harden ain't OKC star they have 2 others + Ibaka best believe Harden fed of them. He can b replaced.

Props: Tony

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
37 and 12 plus 4 steals? fucking went haamich.

Okc does not have a chance at the chip anymore imo. I'm tryin to tell you. Good move by the okc gm but still.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
League pass is free right now till nov 6th...I watched the second half of Houston vs Detriot and Harden went stupid...He did whatever he wanted to...

There was not enough ball in OKC for him durant or westbrook to share...Now he's the top gunner in Htown and feeling confident....I think im bout to pay for league pass this year..

May 3, 2002
I think it's a ood deal for both squads, OKC was last in assists last year because of they didn't have a true point and having westbrook playing point did not help either, if Martin can guide the offense I think they will improve from this trade. Harden seems to be beasting in Houston and a solid role, as opposed to a 6 man seems to benefit him in Houston, but this is just the beginning so we shall see.

Props: Joey
May 4, 2005
houston has no options. not a big surprise harden had a great game.

he'll prolly be in the top 5 in scoring this season.

Jan 12, 2006
I think some people dont understand that Harden was gonna walk for nothing in return after this year. OKC drafts good they could get as high as the 4th pick in that trade.
Why get rid of him though? when you could've hit Perkins with amnesty and trade Ibaka, or amnesty perkins and pay the luxury tax on harden. The Thunder put themselves in this situation. How you going to cash out Westbrook, Ibaka, and Perkins before you even make Harden an offer? Also this isn't the NFL picks aren't as valued by the elite teams. They are mainly used for trades, Look at the Heat, Lakers, Mavs, and Celtics(winners of the last 5 titles). They all went through Free agency and trades to win their chips!

How have all them draft picks worked out for the Bucks?? A b ball team consists of 11 players but really a rotation of 8. This isn't the NFL where you're trying to build a 50+ man roster.

Also you think Durant cares about a pick that's going to takes a few years to develop?? Durant wants to win now!

Last edited: