Gucci Mane & V-Nasty Reveal "BAYTL" Cover & Tracklist

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 13, 2008
We're at that point in the history of rap music and humanity where white girl rappers saying the n-word is getting popular. I guess money really is the root of all evil.

Apr 25, 2002
A person making music and people liking it is not fuckery in my opinion. If there wasn't an audience then that would be different. V-Nasty did what 907,897 other people in the bay did and that's make music. The difference is she was the first like her to do the style of rap she does and people loved it and people hated it. We put out her first mixtape before anybody cared cuz she knew me and we could. It wasnt about money. When put out 50% of the albums on Town Thizzness I put out I think they would do good in Oakland and thats about it. I was wrong with V-Nasty her audience is much bigger then even I thought it was. There's room for her and everyother bay rapper.
Right.

For twenty five years when a rapper did something out of pocket, funny-style, or straight up wack the streets went to work. You hit the barbershop, rec center, street corner, school yard, parking lot, liqour store, food spot...You were hearing jokes. Those rappers we're getting clowned on. It might just be for a few weeks, months, year. Basically, however long it took for that rapper to correct the situation

We all forgive Kane for "Prince of Darkness" cus he dropped "Looks Like A Job For" afterwards
LL Cool J didn't get clowned on for trying to jump on the Death Row west coast gangster bandwagon for "14 shotz to the dome" for too long because he followed it right up with "Mr Smith"
Nobody remembers Jadakiss for rocking a shiny suit, because he started rocking a "Free The Lox" shirt

The universal clowning of somebody due to them doing stupid shit has kept Hip Hop alive for 35 years. It's our checks and balances.

Now, I can clown on somebody who's unknown, but the second they make a dollar I have to respect the hustle? Now for the first time rappers are able to say "fuck you" to the streets and call them bums and haters when they catch flack. No more divider lines on the freeway. Just a bunch of people crashing over and over and smiling when the ignition still turns. At some point we have to take it to the mechanic.

Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
Right.

For twenty five years when a rapper did something out of pocket, funny-style, or straight up wack the streets went to work. You hit the barbershop, rec center, street corner, school yard, parking lot, liqour store, food spot...You were hearing jokes. Those rappers we're getting clowned on. It might just be for a few weeks, months, year. Basically, however long it took for that rapper to correct the situation

We all forgive Kane for "Prince of Darkness" cus he dropped "Looks Like A Job For" afterwards
LL Cool J didn't get clowned on for trying to jump on the Death Row west coast gangster bandwagon for "14 shotz to the dome" for too long because he followed it right up with "Mr Smith"
Nobody remembers Jadakiss for rocking a shiny suit, because he started rocking a "Free The Lox" shirt

The universal clowning of somebody due to them doing stupid shit has kept Hip Hop alive for 35 years. It's our checks and balances.

Now, I can clown on somebody who's unknown, but the second they make a dollar I have to respect the hustle? Now for the first time rappers are able to say "fuck you" to the streets and call them bums and haters when they catch flack. No more divider lines on the freeway. Just a bunch of people crashing over and over and smiling when the ignition still turns. At some point we have to take it to the mechanic.
nice

Apr 25, 2002
real talk, get that money, just know these rappers suck
For me personally it has nothing to do with her rap skills. It has everything to do with the fact that even after people have pointed out the offense taken from her using that word, she basically says "I don't give a fuck, I'm from Oakland, this is how it is now"
Not, "I apologize if I have offended anyone that's not my intention, I was raised an environment..." etc etc
Though I still would have disagreed with that, I'd have a bit more respect for her. Being a part of the black community is a lot more then your address and who you hang out with. She can be a rider who fucks with hitters all day. It's still singing in black face to me.

Sep 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
For me personally it has nothing to do with her rap skills. It has everything to do with the fact that even after people have pointed out the offense taken from her using that word, she basically says "I don't give a fuck, I'm from Oakland, this is how it is now"
Not, "I apologize if I have offended anyone that's not my intention, I was raised an environment..." etc etc
Though I still would have disagreed with that, I'd have a bit more respect for her. Being a part of the black community is a lot more then your address and who you hang out with. She can be a rider who fucks with hitters all day. It's still singing in black face to me.
I feel that and she has addressed it http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=16693
The problem is everybody acting as if her saying nigga is something they have never heard before. It amazes me how people act as if they have never heard a white person say nigga in the bay area. She was born and raised in the 90's in Oakland had no idea it was wrong. She didn't have a clue it was offensive she just thought people were hating on her cuz everybody around her said it was cool. That doesn't make it right or wrong but it makes it "offensive" not "racist". She's learning in the public eye and mistakes will be made. But Moses you feel a way about her cuz she offended you by saying nigga. Which is understandable and valid, not based on jealousy. A lot of people on this site are associated with artist and are mad at her and Kreayshawn because they are one of the few bay artist in the public eye. Disliking her music, looks, or how she acts is not hating. But being mad at her progress is. This site is made to criticize and critique artist but it's also built for people involved in those artist to have dialogue with the people as well.

Apr 25, 2002
As you can see from the video in my signature, I'm whiter then bleached paper. I was raised by and with pretty much exclusively black people and in black communities. Maybe if I didn't have a black mother and aunties who raised me to be who I was, I wouldn't feel so strongly about it. BSince I'm an artist, I usually keep my opinions out of things that concern other artists, but, it is what it is.

Sep 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
Moses you're white? Then I'm done in this thread. I thought a black man was talking about a white woman saying nigga and it offended him. I had no idea I was talking to a white man talking about a white woman saying nigga and that it's "blackface". This is just getting confusing. I'm done. Buy the album or hate on it real loud. Dec. 13th

May 9, 2002
Moses you're white? Then I'm done in this thread. I thought a black man was talking about a white woman saying nigga and it offended him. I had no idea I was talking to a white man talking about a white woman saying nigga and that it's "blackface". This is just getting confusing. I'm done. Buy the album or hate on it real loud. Dec. 13th
It lightweight IS blackface. In fact, Riff Raff is modern day blackface. You have white people mimmicking what they feel is "black culture". Thats no different than white men in the 1940's tap dancing with show polish on. Now, its big earrings, saggy pants, and saying "nigga".

Trolling = blackface in the 2000's

May 9, 2002
I feel that and she has addressed it http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=16693
The problem is everybody acting as if her saying nigga is something they have never heard before. It amazes me how people act as if they have never heard a white person say nigga in the bay area. She was born and raised in the 90's in Oakland had no idea it was wrong. She didn't have a clue it was offensive she just thought people were hating on her cuz everybody around her said it was cool. That doesn't make it right or wrong but it makes it "offensive" not "racist". She's learning in the public eye and mistakes will be made..
Then she is one big, fat giant moronic dolt. How could someone NOT know that its offensive? Does she realize the origins of the word itself? If she doesn't, she has no business saying it in the first goddamn place. What kind of fuckin dumbass runs around saying "nigga" and has no clue about it? Question answered.

But its also the faults of her peers...ALLOWING her to say it. Whoever harbored her usage of the word should be slapped several times.

Sep 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
It lightweight IS blackface. In fact, Riff Raff is modern day blackface. You have white people mimmicking what they feel is "black culture". Thats no different than white men in the 1940's tap dancing with show polish on. Now, its big earrings, saggy pants, and saying "nigga".

Trolling = blackface in the 2000's
In the 1940's races did not live together. In the 1940's there was no people like V-Nasty a half white half Vietnamese girl raised in black communities. You raise kids on "nigga this" "nigga that" "what's up my nigga" "fuck that bitch ass nigga"
Guess what? They're gonna think its ok to say nigga. So to compare this to blackface is just reaching. She has half black children do in her mind she doesn't see color. It is amazing how y'all act like no other white person in the country says nigga.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
In the 1940's races did not live together. In the 1940's there was no people like V-Nasty a half white half Vietnamese girl raised in black communities. You raise kids on "nigga this" "nigga that" "what's up my nigga" "fuck that bitch ass nigga"
Guess what? They're gonna think its ok to say nigga. So to compare this to blackface is just reaching. She has half black children do in her mind she doesn't see color. It is amazing how y'all act like no other white person in the country says nigga.
theres a lot of haters on this board bro don't even trip off em you and WGM making yo money and give your fans stuff they like and get to live out your dreams so dont even pay no mind to em. Keep pushin 100

Apr 25, 2002
I'm not even mad at you for thinking like that. You don't know me personally so I'm sure it would be easy to lean towards that direction. You're right, she's far from the first white person I've heard use the word. I can touch down pretty much anywhere and nobody would blink an eye with me using it. But that's a shame though. I'm not speaking on her using the word, though like I said I don't agree with it. I don't like how it's been handled. Point blank period. You realize how fucked up it is that me speaking against it could be seen as more weirdo then the act itself?
I don't think she's racist, I don't think she's not a good mother to her children, I don't think she's a bad person. I think she has a skewed view, no matter how first hand the vision was. I'm damn glad I see race and color. If I didn't see young black men being treated as criminals before they could jaywalk, means I'd be blind. If I didn't see all the evils that are still done based upon a persons skin tone, how the fuck would I not even see that? I'll be that funny wanna be down jcat if that's what I gotta be.
My little homies love me and I love them. My older potnas love me and I love them. I'm out for little dude, I'm in the hood, I'm in the projects. I'm just eating dinner or playing video games or bullshitting with my loved ones. Not shooting videos to prove some gangsterism that I'm not even a part of. My past is my past, I don't need to make money off my own fuckery.
Hopefully and most likely will meet in person one day and chop it up, or ignore each other completely, that shit happens to.
Peace and prosperity to yours
I hope she makes tons of money
I just don't like the way she's doing it

Sep 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
I respect that but she's really on felony probation with a strike for armed robbery. She really has been in and out of jail. I really have to arrange out of state travel with her P.O. So in my opinion she has the right to rap about all of that and make a living off of it. Contrary to popular beliefs on here most of the bay rappers that are talked about on this board have not lived the stuff they talk about and she has and raps about it. I respect your opinion Moses we just disagree.

Apr 25, 2002
All good bruh. I agree and know that most of these dudes are writing scorcese flicks.

I'm mad she had to fall into that trap. Like I said, I'm not doubting her upbringing and lifestyle.

I don't dislike her music.
My favorite rapper is B.G., who I don't think is winning any lyricist of the century awards. It's a soundtrack to a life that has a whole lotta mirror flashes.

I think y'all should work out something with a magazine where she visits historical places in the south civil rights movement. Good positive publicity and it could probably change some lives including hers.

My hate is never fueled by negativity. I only shed more then a few words in these situations when I think there's an easy, positive solution.