Fuck Rapbay.com - Dont Support Them

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2005
The bay is heat'd Comp we put out sold about 50 Cd's online
just because of N.ridaz, we track all the Hits. I didnt ask sadclown to put the Cd up, he went out and bougt it himself and posted it.
you gotta be ghetto as fuck to avoid paying $12 and just ripping the low as quality version.
Our sales dropped since the sites been down.

May 1, 2002
Silas said:
"if cats can go on there and listen to the whole album then they may not be inclined to buy the record"

hey pimp, i see what your saying..... but you have to see the other side of it as well

sites like this are making rappers step up their game, the only people's sales being hurt are the ones putting out bad music, or recycling tracks

no one is going to hear an album they like on n-ridaz and then decide not to buy it

but...
if you hear the new album on n-ridaz.... and theres only 6 new tracks becuase 1/2 them are recycled, of course im not gonna buy it

I agree 100%

To me, it sounds like alot of record companys, and artists are getting mad because theyre losing the ability to trick the consumer.

When they have a bullshit artist, they dont want you to hear it first! They want you to buy it off of a name brand association, or on some cover art type shit.. In this case, they want you to judge the book by its cover. They know, that if you listen to an album before you buy it, that you might end up not likin the muthafucka.

They were hoping to trick you into buying some shit that they know is garbage... They arent trying to go gold or any of that shit with that record, their happy just getting whatever they can get off of it... They know its bullshit, and they want you to buy it anyways.

If you got to hear it first, then you might realize that its a bullshit album, and then you wouldnt want to buy it.. That would force them to quit putting out bullshit albums. Alot of these bullshit artists and record companys that are getting mad, are getting mad because they cant conduct business as usual...

The bottom line is, that if your cd is truely worth owning, then it will sell. Regardless. If its a bullshit album, people aint gonna support that shit. Not anymore. Thats why they're mad. :devious:

Apr 24, 2005
I know I have bought over 25 cds the last past 2 months thanks to NR, and some of those from artist I would have never thought about even listening to. So I htink its koo that they leave the whole length of the songs on there. People that are gonna burn the songs are gonna do it any other way like P2P,mIRC, FTPS whatever way they will do it.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
HAHA Backwood, thats exactly what I was hoping one of you cheap fucks would say. Meet me up at any event and I will happily get things "figured out" in person. We put out quality non stop, thats the problem. If we recycled a bunch of shit and slapped it together, I could care less. But as I say again, if you want to side bust like that, come see me any fuckin time. Me and my wack label will be in Sac for a show on Halloween, come through and say whats up. The whole wack crew will be there for you to badmouth, twinkletoes :devious:

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
And btw, Sadclown has put up all of our albums and HE was the one that put up snippets of the last one, on his own. I love his site and appreciate all of his work. Artists and labels are just sick of the faggot theives but hey, you all know who you are.

SadClown650

Northern-Ridaz.com
May 17, 2002
www.Northern-Ridaz.com
LadyTragik said:
So for those who are mad that he took the site down, trust me it has very little to do with Ryan... Legally it was the right move.

Sites like Northern-Ridaz.com will continue to exist and the Bay will continue to support it... Its up to the artists to move forward or not.
that about sum its all up. the site will be back up & running as soon as i recieve a artist/album list from ryan. a big thank you goes out to sly @ 95live, raptalk, siccness, 2siccaudio & all of the fans/artists/producers/labels, etc who support what i'm doing.

my reply to ryan @ rapbay -

First off, I've never implied you shut the site down. The email you wrote implied snippets to my whole site; not to any particular artist(s). You have yet to give me a list of artists/labels that you represent. Yes I took offense to the email as I seen it as a demand, you may see it different but that's your personal opinion. Myself, not knowing who you're representing (could be 1 to 20 artists I do not know) & to avoid any other issues with the site (legal or not), I took the site down till this matter could be resolved; not to make money or increase its value as you stated. The thread I made on your message board asked if there could be a similar program like cduniverse; where everyone can sign up & using there ID, can earn some sort of a discount or reward. There's a reply on there from another person interested in the same thing; so I wasn't implying making money, simply a discount or reward on buying albums from rapbay.

In order to avoid future altercations, I will be posting 1:50 snippets for those albums I have yet to receive permission to post in its entirety. For all other albums; I will be posting a message for those artists/labels who find their album on the site in full length to contact me & I will comply to their request. As for N-Ridaz working more directly with Rapbay; the damage has been done & I will be cutting all ties with the site. The consumer has the choice whether or not to buy from rapbay; but no links and/or albums they represent will be found on N-Ridaz.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
I have dealt with Urbanlife/Rapbay for years as a Rap buyer for the store I work for. First off they have every right to protect there projects. A lot of people have been saying "who would bump a very low quality version of an album?" I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd say almost everyone. From my almost decade of experiance working behind a music store counter I will tell you that 80% of people just want the fucking album, no matter what quality. Not that you shouldn't be able to preview. That should be a right. Our store has thousands of cds you can listen to all the way through, or we can play you 45 sec to 1 min previews of anything. But you can't just walk out with a full cd for free, low quality or not.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
Here is a message from Ryan of Rapbay, he cant get online so he asked this be posted:

To sadclown,

Cheer Up!!!!!

Well, thanks for trying to resolve this sadclown like an adult. I was trying to work it out with you. YOU are the one who contacted US first to get some discount or what ever you wanted to call it and I was willing to do it. I have been looking at your site for a while now and have not credited your site because I need there to be mutual ethics. I even sent you CDs to put up. I have asked you in the past if you could make snippets of our shit and you said yes. I talked to you on the phone and everything was cool. Yes, I demanded to make snippets or take the albums off this time because it hurts me to see those albums (that I, Yes Urbanlife distributes) which haven't even been out for 1 week, and I know we did not send them to you. If we did send them to you I would have asked for snippets anyway. Maybe its you who got scared and took down the site because you know its illegal. Dont put this shit on me, sdaclown or anyone else talking shit. Im not going to mention names but I know personally people have contacted northern-ridaz.com before to take down their CDs. So what made you take the site down when I contacted you? Im nobody.

Next you put our business up for the whole world to see. As I see it, I stick by my word and still think what your doing is wrong, that is posting Whole full length Albums without permission. I never mentioned anything about taking down your site and I also never mentioned anything about legal shit but for some reason people think that huh? Maybe you should have worked this out before posting up my email to you, up on your front site. And I asked to put my reply up and nothing. I emailed YOU, no one else, and you posted it up. What for? I also asked you to call me, I gave you my phone number and you did not call me, I dont have yours. Posts are going crazy on siccness.net yet you did not help to fix the situation during the whole weekend but you had time to post my email to you, on your front page. Which you should take down. Why did you post just my email? You should post all the emails or calls of people who have contacted you to take off their CDs.

Shit if you want to break all Ties thats fine but know one thing RAPBAY.COM is strong and your just feeding the fire.

Rapbay.com had more hits this weekend than ever before. Over 17,000 (YES THATS RIGHT 17,000) unique IP addresses in 4 days, im sure it had nothing to do with northern-ridaz.com because the site is down. But thanks to all the chatter, were the talk of the siccness forums. We even had about 20 more orders than usually. I know theirs a good reason Because we have some GREAT releases and great service. We have over 9,000 people signed up and were growing everyday. Also know that, this Siccness.net Forums is a community of fans, labels, rappers, and more and your just not helping the situation out.

So sadclown if you dont think we should work together to make this shit bigger, I am totally OK with that my brother. And if you really want to break ties I say Good luck in your future ventures. I am not mad at you or anyone who gave us a fuck you. Shit I hope you or anyone realizes that rapbay.com is vital to this rap industry.

OH and Slick or Slippy what ever dudes name is at 9SUCK live before you start to talk shit to the hand that feeds a lot of artists and labels and supports the BAY MORE THAN YOU EVER WILL "BRO" you should do some research. Next You should get a real job. You are very one sided and not a real reporter but more of a pest. Good luck in your ventures Slackey or whatever your name is. Oh and keep talking about rapbay, because we need all the promotion we can get.

RAPBAY.COM 4 LIFE
URBANLIFE MUSIC AND VIDEO 4 LIFE

check us out www.rapbay.com wont you stay awhile

I will not post on the siccness.net anymore about this situation.

MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT TO EVERYONE

Ryan Miller
call me toll free 1-866-rapbay YOU KNOW HOW TO REACH ME

OH and Artists, Labels, promotion companies who have CDs, DVDs, Clothing, or anything rapbay.com or Urbanlife Music and Video can sell get at us. We are also a member of the Better Business Bureau and conduct GREAT business.

PEACE!!! 2005

Again, that is from RYAN so if anyone is offended, dont cry to me about it.

Dec 6, 2002
www.BayUndaground.com
MacGuinn: It's really sad that ppl have such opinions like you. I guess you didn't read the whole topic, did you? And secodnly, have you ever used northern-ridaz?

Going back to those ppl who wanna have the whole album. Tell me HOW do they do it (concerning northern-ridaz). There are whole albums to LISTEN to. How do they "take" them, so hey can "have" them? One person out here mentioned pressing the button on the tape recorder to record it on the tape. Well, are you really that stupid to believe it? Or are there other means?

May 15, 2005
RYANS MY FOLKZ AND WILL HAVE MY SUPPORT WITH RAPBAY AND URBANLIFE TILL THE END. GOOD LUCK TO SADCLOWN STILL, BUT ATLEAST WE'LL KNOW WHAT ARTIST SUPPORT THE MOVEMENT THAT N-RIDAZ HAS IN THE FUTURE.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
KhameNei said:
MacGuinn: It's really sad that ppl have such opinions like you. I guess you didn't read the whole topic, did you? And secodnly, have you ever used northern-ridaz?
QUOTE]

I did read the whole topic, I was just breaking it down to the simplest form: you should be able to sample music, but not get something for free. If you check my profile I have been here over three years consistantly, with few comments. I only say something when I actually have some information or have strong feelings for something. I have used northern-ridaz and love it, but some abuse it. I find it kind of sad that you attack my opinion, when I'm actually involved in the bay area rap buisness that you envy so much from Poland.

Feb 9, 2005
"Rapbay.com had more hits this weekend than ever before. Over 17,000 (YES THATS RIGHT 17,000) unique IP addresses in 4 days, im sure it had nothing to do with northern-ridaz.com because the site is down. But thanks to all the chatter, were the talk of the siccness forums. We even had about 20 more orders than usually. "
I visted the site to see if anything was new, but still wont support them. My orders will go through friscostreetshow or siccness shop. Hopefully streetshow gets that ap9 so i can order from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.