Fuck Rapbay.com - Dont Support Them

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2005
Since we hijacked the AP9 thread might as well create a new one. If you go to the main page for northern ridaz it wil read:
AN EMAIL FROM RYAN @ RapBay.com :

Im really disapointed ..............
Look you keep putting albums on your site, thats ok and great. BUT The full length Songs need to stop unless you have permission. PLEASE STOP DOING THIS. I see you have the Luni Coleone on there and can sample the WHOLE SONG i thought we talked about this already. Please only put 30 second files and not the whole track. PLEASE STOP unless the label or artist give you permission. Thats the key word here. Man the industry needs all the help it can get right now and putting the whole song up is not helping anyone out but YOU. So ill ask one more time please only put 30 second samples. And Woodie says you can use his albums but only 30 second snipets thats it, never put the whole track up.

please email me back asap

RYAN MILLER

AN OPEN LETTER TO MY SUPPORTERS :

I don’t have any animosity towards RapBay but this situation as is could of been handled better to prevent an uprise against RapBay and/or its owner. This site IS and will ALWAYS be a product of the bay area; which is fueled by the artists & motivated by the fans. Both RapBay & N-Ridaz promote bay artists in different ways but our goal is ultimately the same. Everyone has a different opinion on how promoting could be handled but N-Ridaz is out there for everyone & anyone who chooses to utilize it. I do not operate my site for profit, strictly out of love for bay area music. This site has started because of that & has continued with the gaining support of artists & fans throughout Northern California and beyond. This is an endless debate that can last forever but for a person in the industry to change how I operate my site was not put as a request but strictly as a demand. I do not have a problem with any artists and/or label who want their music promoted in a certain way but it’s not a debate on who has more support for the bay & who has less. My site was not created for profit but to simply create a music booth for people/fans/artists/producers to sample the music from our area. If I have burned any bridges while doing so, I will gladly bow out of this business in this industry that has given a lot to me…."and this would be a done deal" - SadClown
Lets see why Rapbay would be mad. Look at the Luni Coleone Album. The cd is 13 tracks, the intro and outro are instrumentals. 1 track is all mob figaz without luni, one track is all keak without luni. So you want people to pay $14 for 8 tracks of that garbage cd? Thats ONE cd that has saved me money for not supporting that garbage.
30 second snippets are bullshit, you were trying to say a minute 30 on the phone interview but 30 now.
Im sorry but I will not be buying any products from rapbay till this is resoloved and I suggest others follow.

May 29, 2002
I have bought from rapbay on numerous occassions and have no problem with them personally, but I must say that if it werent for n-ridaz, i may never have bought from rapbay any of those times. As much as I appreciate rapbay and their service, I must side with n-ridaz on this one. If they werent there to let me listen to the albums first, I probably wouldnt buy many cds. I have no doubt in my mind that n-ridaz has brought more business to rapbay then it has taken away.

Jul 27, 2005
I had a Few words with the Owner of Rapbay a few days ago. It was on some other shit that pissed me off not this. As far as I'm concerned i aint trippen on dude.But doing this to N.RIDAZ is bullshit. I dont think they should Stop the site for No Muthafuckin Body. I agree with bayGIANTS on the fact that Because of N.Ridaz i have Made decisions on what i want to buy. And most of the Time i Made a CD Purchase was from RAPBAY. I dont agree with N.RIDAZ stopping over some Bullshit like this. As far as RAPBAY, He just Fucked himself. Sure he's still gonna Make sales, But some People were Consistent Buyers That Probably made Big Purchases or Little Purchases... Dont Matter, a Sale Is a Sale.And NORTHERN RIDAZ Help make those a few times for me. I hope this Dumb shit can Be resolved. If a Certain artist dont wanna Have their shit on the Site, Fuck it... So much for your free Promotion.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
ryan is a good dude and rapbay is a dope site. i'm a big fan of nriderz as well, but i wanna say a few things. first, the letter ryan wrote nriderz was not demanding, it was a letter asking him to please just post snippest instead of the whole song. if cats can go on there and listen to the whole album then they may not be inclined to buy the record. ryan never asked him to pull down the site, he just asked them to shorten the songs. from a fan stand point, i can see why some cats would be upset at this, but from a rappers stand point and a business standpoint i can see where ryan is coming from. ryan is a good dude who works his ass off. i would hope nobody would judge him for trying to protect artist and their music. i hope that nriderz will continue to provide us with the bay area music that they have for several years. i've use their site more times than i can count. the bottom line is if nriderz has permission from the artists to post the whole songs then they have every right to do so, but if they dont, then thats another story.

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
i hope n-ridaz doesn't do that because its a good way for fans to hear tha album and see if they really want it, its not like n-ridaz is tha only way bay songs leak

Dec 6, 2002
www.BayUndaground.com
dj pimp: "or trying to protect artist and their music"

Well, he's not protecting it! Protecting from what? Dowloading? Burning? People can't do that with n-r.com. He's not protecting, he's destroying.

I think that sadclown should simply take off those albums distributed by rapbay and say "fuck, if you don't want them, I won't post them".

Uzzle

Sicc OG
Oct 13, 2004
N-Ridaz is tha one,They needa keep doing what they doin.If anythin,like tha folks said above..min and 30 is coo.

WS6

May 15, 2005
rapbay has most all the shit but man, theyre pretty damn slow for being so local. i ordered the guru, rookie of the year, and both sides of the gate a month or two back...guru and rookie of the year came, but i got a note sayin the diggs was on backorder and i still havent got that.

ill still support them, their shit is worth the wait.

Sep 30, 2005
All I can say is they need to talk this shit out and resolve it quick. I think both of them are necessary, and both are trippin. Ryan because northernridaz really ain't nothing but promotion and the sound quality's too low for people to just bump the albums, and sadclown because he ain't got to take his site down over this shit.

May 12, 2002
dope.st
putting the whole song up is not helping anyone out but YOU
lol... I'm pretty sure Sadclown has to break bread to host all the music and spend time runnin that site, how the hell can it be helping him. Rapbay.com is cool peoples but thats a dumb comment right there. It helps the artists and the fans, it don't help him, dude must have been paying out his own pocket to do that site all that time... fold

Benzo

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I kinda agree with rapbay/ryan, it's one thing to play the whole song, but sadclown post the WHOLE album! slap a tape in your tape deck, hit record and there's the new album in a lower quality. either sadclown should shorten each song, or he should have "Northern-Ridaz" said a few times during the song/songs, so it's not EXACTLY the same as the original album. IMO

Jul 10, 2005
There shouldn't be an issue with putting up full-length songs, because only like 3% of any population knows how/would want to rip a song from it. Meh.

May 16, 2004
Benzo said:
I kinda agree with rapbay/ryan, it's one thing to play the whole song, but sadclown post the WHOLE album! slap a tape in your tape deck, hit record and there's the new album in a lower quality. either sadclown should shorten each song, or he should have "Northern-Ridaz" said a few times during the song/songs, so it's not EXACTLY the same as the original album. IMO

who uses tapes.

Sep 9, 2005
dj pimp said:
ryan is a good dude and rapbay is a dope site. i'm a big fan of nriderz as well, but i wanna say a few things. first, the letter ryan wrote nriderz was not demanding, it was a letter asking him to please just post snippest instead of the whole song. if cats can go on there and listen to the whole album then they may not be inclined to buy the record. ryan never asked him to pull down the site, he just asked them to shorten the songs. from a fan stand point, i can see why some cats would be upset at this, but from a rappers stand point and a business standpoint i can see where ryan is coming from. ryan is a good dude who works his ass off. i would hope nobody would judge him for trying to protect artist and their music. i hope that nriderz will continue to provide us with the bay area music that they have for several years. i've use their site more times than i can count. the bottom line is if nriderz has permission from the artists to post the whole songs then they have every right to do so, but if they dont, then thats another story.
come on pimp he isnt defending the music, he is defending his pockets and you know better. when fans can preview music, especially full songs, they are more likely to break bread on that product. this fool Ryan Miller is too dumb to realize that, not only is he hurting himself, he is hurting the bay. just go look at the polls on N-Ridaz front page.

Silas

Sicc OG
May 4, 2005
"if cats can go on there and listen to the whole album then they may not be inclined to buy the record"

hey pimp, i see what your saying..... but you have to see the other side of it as well

sites like this are making rappers step up their game, the only people's sales being hurt are the ones putting out bad music, or recycling tracks

no one is going to hear an album they like on n-ridaz and then decide not to buy it

but...
if you hear the new album on n-ridaz.... and theres only 6 new tracks becuase 1/2 them are recycled, of course im not gonna buy it

Sep 9, 2005
Silas said:
"if cats can go on there and listen to the whole album then they may not be inclined to buy the record"

hey pimp, i see what your saying..... but you have to see the other side of it as well

sites like this are making rappers step up their game, the only people's sales being hurt are the ones putting out bad music, or recycling tracks

no one is going to hear an album they like on n-ridaz and then decide not to buy it

but...
if you hear the new album on n-ridaz.... and theres only 6 new tracks becuase 1/2 them are recycled, of course im not gonna buy it
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oct 7, 2002
www.LadyTragik.com
he is defending his pockets and you know better

That about sums it all up. Anthony (sadclown) has been putting in hard work for over 4 years to supply the bay area and beyond a chance to listen to music coming from our region. Good or Bad music he doesn't discriminate, whether its independent artists sending in their cds/demos to get a chance to shine, or albums that he puts up for fans to get a chance and listen. This is no different then fans going to Tower/Virgin/Rasputins/etc.. and listening to albums they have on display (listening station). In this day of age artists should be looking at different outlets in making money. The day of making money off cd sales (especially as an independent artist in the bay) are long gone... There are hundreds of other ways you can profit off your music as an artist... (hello verizon wireless, yahoo music, itunes, performing, tours, etc...) For all the bullshit that floods the market (especially in the bay) it was only a matter of time before something like nridaz came up....Fans have the right to know what it is theyre spending their money on. The quality of albums (including talent) that are put out in the bay are at a low...so if i spend $15 dollars on one, i want to know that it's worth every penny. If anything, ive known more people to buy off sites like rapbay from listening to the album first on NRidaz.

What people don't understand is that Sadclown puts up albums daily... He had over 300 albums from 2003-2004 alone. So imagine having to go through every single album and making the clips into snippets...Its not easy work and it doesnt happen over night. So for those who are mad that he took the site down, trust me it has very little to do with Ryan... Legally it was the right move.

I do however understand how artists would be upset that albums they never gave permission to be put up are on the site. But if they think they're loosing money off it, guess again. This is a great site for promotion and as a listening station. There aren't many magazines, tv stations, billboards, etc that promote for our artists, and this online generation is moving forward. Just like when tape sales were at its worse in the 80's/early 90's because of the rise in CD sales & the use of tape recorders and so on...

Sites like Northern-Ridaz.com will continue to exist and the Bay will continue to support it... Its up to the artists to move forward or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.