FUCK KAZAA & ALL DOWNLOAD SITES WIT NO VASALINE DOG!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2002
Sick Wid It said:
This thread is laughable. If cats can't even keep from contradicting themselves, how do they ever expect to win a debate?

@A-Wax
What's the difference to a rapper like you (meaning small unit sales) between you putting your own shit on Kazaa after its retail release and someone doing it before. Your sales arn't significant enough for you to really be dick-fucked by music pirating. You arn't missing out on a million dollars or a platinum plaque because of Kazaa.

99% of the cats who download your shit wouldn't buy it in the first place......that's why they don't. Same goes for every other small timer who's complaining about mp3s. It's just another excuse cats are using to place blame for their poor & struggling sales.

Now... Look man... I already said this before but since it flew over a lot of your heads, I will say it again.... MP3's DON'T RUIN YOU, THEY MAKE YOU HAVE TO ADJUST YOUR HUSTLE. If a cat doesn't have enough hustle about himself to figure out how to adjust then they are right where they SHOULD BE. Which is whining about not having what they THINK they deserve.

One last thing before I hit the reply button.... Get it straight that rappers HAVE TO respect their fans whether they like it or not. You can't bite the hand that feeds you and still expect to get fed. Running your mouth off at them, especially over the internet, makes you look ridiculous (for starters). People don't & won't support artists like that regardless what the music sounds like. Being a rapper is a BUSINESS and if you can't make the distinction between BUSINESS and PERSONAL FEELINGS then get the fuck out of the game because you don't belong in it. You arn't shark enough.

DAMN..THATS REAL CHATTER....REALLY REAL...ESPECIALLY THE PART ABOUT
Sick Wid It said:
99% of the cats who download your shit wouldn't buy it in the first place....
THAT SHIT IS TOO TRUE...IF THEY NEVER PLANNED ON BUYING THE ALBUM..AND THEY ONLY BURNING IT..THAT MEANS YOU REALLY AINT LOSING SHIT..CUZ THERES STILL AS MANY COPIES AS YOU PRESSED UP IN STORES....ITS MOST LIKELY NOT LIKE SOMEONE PLANNED TO BUY IT BUT DECIDED TO BURN IT AT THE LAST MINUTE...MAYBE VERY VERY FEW..BUT MAJORITY OF THE TIME ITS NOT THE CASE

Jan 30, 2003
ITS time to be real......1 most the shit comin out now is not hot cats be havin like 3 good songs on they shit im not payin 16 dollas for 3 songs......2 most artist on major labels make most they money on tour the labels get a majority of the money from sales.....3 niggas in the bay aint doin big numbers because they aint gettin good promotion out side they region if i aint never heard none of your music i aint gonna buy your CD just because its in the store and it look coo...4 WAX has a point about up and coming artist gettin ROBD by bootleggin but killin kazaa aint gonna stop it because all a nigga gotta do is buy the CD and BURN up copies for his homies and that will never be stoped....1

Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA
mIRC IS THE #1 SPOT FOR BAY RAP

I actually picked up G5 G'z and Wax Fase off there.

But yo, I don't have a fuckin credit card to purchase shit over the net and stores here do not stock it, BUT i wanna listen, so there we go.

Apr 25, 2002
I download all types of shit, there is very few artists that I will go and buy shit from without hearing it. (Lynch, Tech-N9ne, Eminem and a few others)

I went out and bought that new C-Bo without hearin it.

Ok A-WAX, say there was no such thing as the internet and file sharing and all that. How would you get any sales outside of your hometown or cali? You aren't MTV or any bullshit like that. And even if you do get worldwide distribution, not many people are just gonna pick your album up and buy it. You will get some sales like that but not enough to even make a dent in the game. No disrepect to you but File Sharing helps mane.

May 26, 2002
www.UpheavalDesign.com
SuiPSYedKing said:
FUCK KAZAA I PRAY ALL WHO DOWNLOADS GET VIRUS' ........................................
I hope I dont get a virus, and I hope you dont hope I get a virus, Im working on your website and cover.
But hell yeah I download, not anymore than the next guy, but I have over 500 songs, from many artists. And many of them I now have their Albums.
I work with a lot of you Artists, and I have recommended this to all of you. "PUT YOUR MUSIC AND YOUR SELF ON THE INTERNET." Start with 2 or 3 full length songs, and let the peoples do the rest. Climb out of the California sized hole and expose your selves to the rays of publicity. Reach past the fliers & posters and local shows. The world wants to know you, go out and introduce yourself.

peace...

Apr 25, 2002
BANETHEMERCILES said:
sony? well last i checked not only did they put out the music but they also put out the cd burner to burn it
Exactly... them dudes got all the angles covered. They selling cds to fans, and burners to bootleggers. They makin sure they gettin thier cheese from both sides. What Ive been saying all along is that these record companies should start selling blank cds. Cause a mutha fucka like me is always needing blank cds! Aint no way to get around the blank cds in this day and age.

Unless its Mp3 files... but Sony sells hella Mp3 players!

Feb 5, 2003
FILA|AUS said:
mIRC IS THE #1 SPOT FOR BAY RAP

I actually picked up G5 G'z and Wax Fase off there.

But yo, I don't have a fuckin credit card to purchase shit over the net and stores here do not stock it, BUT i wanna listen, so there we go.
GOOD FUCKIN` POST!!!BURN IT DOG,NO PROB.I WANT PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO BURN IT,PEOPLE WHO WOULDNT BUY IT ANYWAY NOMATTER HOW DOPE THA MUSICK IS.....?.......FUCK NO I DONT WANT EM TO BURN MY SHIT!THEY WONT SUPPORT ME,I WONT SUPPORT THEM.(THATS AS BLACK&WHITE AS IT GETS) I LIKE BEIN` A UNDERGROUND M.C. YO,PLUS IF I EVER DO BLOW UP IN THIS RAP GAME I SURE AZ FUCK WONT ATTRIBUTE MIRC OR KAZAA TO MY SUCCESS!! JAY DUESE- I`VE HAD COMMERCIALS ON RAP CITY,MURDERDOG ADS(PLURAL) AND NISE PROMOTION BEHIND ME WITHOUT NO COMPUTERS INVOLVED.(DO MURDERDOG REACH KENTUCKY?)

May 17, 2002
well me being an "artist" im not too concearned about the money aspect of this music biz, this is a very dirty game and no matter which way you turn you are gonna be dealing with people that have alterior motives. i got a 9-5 and it pays the bills and allows me to do the music at somewhat the level i want, i know alot of artists dont feel the same way as i do. i would be glad if my music was all over kazaa getting downloaded cuz i know my music would at least be heard by someone. as long as i make the money back that i spend im cool. if not then as long as someone tells me they really felt my music, im cool. somewhere along the lines people turned rap from an art to a hustle, and that pretty much ruined the whole thing. i understand people need to get their money but i think with the rap genre these people sacraficed what this is all about and now the next generation is coming up with the mentality that they gotta get the money in the game as fast as they can with as little effort as possible at whatever the cost, when the cost is much more then they could ever imagine.....

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I wonder what the excuse would be if there was no such thing as cd burners and mp3's. And the industry was still going down the drain because the economy hit rock bottom. It affected everyone and no one was quick to take his chances when buying a cd anymore. A tight budget is a muthafucka.
But I wonder what else the music industry would point the fingure to if there was no napster and blank cdr's?

Would the finger ever point to the right person? Themselves?

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Tim said:
If someone downloads your album and doesn't buy it then they probably weren't going to buy it in the first place. The same people downloading albums instead of buying them are the same people 10 years ago who would have their friends dub an album for them instead of buying it. I know for a fact having the ability to download albums hurts sales, but not for the reasons the riaa and the industry wants everyone to believe. It hurts sales because people download an album, realize it's shit and don't waste their money. If someone downloads your album and doesn't buy it then it usually means one of two things;

1. they weren't going to buy it in the first place and there's nothing you can do about it.

or

2. your album isn't worth buying and that's your fault.

There are VERY FEW quality albums that have been out in the past few years. Combine that with the flood of extremely wacc clone albums from every other kid on the internet and you have an over-saturated market. The more albums there are to buy the less albums there are that will actually be bought. Consumers are only going to spend a certain amount of money so they aren't going to buy every album available. Most people I know have bought at most 20-30 cds in their life. Most of that has been in the last 10 years. Averaged out that's 2-3 cd's a year. Now with the average consumer buying 2-3 cd's a year and 100's or maybe 1000's of cd's coming out each year that leaves a lot of albums that will see minimal sales. What's to blame? File sharing? Lacc of quality? Oversaturation? In some aspect all three are to blame. File sharing for keeping some people from buying bullshit. Lacc of quality for making people afraid to take a chance on an album. And oversaturation for causing some quality albums to be overlooked. You want to know what the problem is? Look no further than this site, at least half the people here are "artists" and have an album out or are putting one out soon. Out of all those "artists" putting out albums very few of them are actually any good and even fewer of them are actually worth buying. So don't blame file sharing for shit, blame the industry and the talentless pieces of shit in it for flooding the market with bullshit.
Everytime some "artist" who wants to blame their lacc of sales on something starts one of these threads I try to post in it. Damn near everytime my questions and comments are ignored by these "artists". Probably because they know I'm right. It's really said how "artists" like awax think and act like the consumers actually owe them something. FACT IS FILE SHARING IS A GOOD THING. I have bought more albums because I was able to download albums first from the internet than I did before that. There are a lot of artists who's albums I wouldn't even have given a chance if I wasn't able to download their album first. People like awax are obviously to ignorant, to greedy or probably both to realize they are biting the hand that feeds them. You dumb fuccs come on the internet and attacc the people who support you. The immaturity and overall stupidity I see displayed by people like awax will keep me from ever supporting anything with his name on it. Plus the fact that it's actually not that good. So I don't buy awax albums for two reasons: 1. he treats his fans like shit. 2. his albums are weak and not worth buying. File sharing WILL NOT and CAN NOT be stopped. You shutdown one thing more will pop up to replace it. All getting rid of napster did was split up the file sharing community to 5-10 different places instead of one. The truth is ya'll just need to make better music, nobody wants to buy this generic bullshit that sounds like everything else that's out now. Make good music and people will buy it.

Apr 25, 2002
There will be no responses to what Tim has posted..... Maybe some death threats.... but that's it.

Personally I think A-Wax is a pretty dope Emcee.... but the filesharing thing will never quit... ever

Jan 30, 2003
Yo the dude TIM who said Wax make WEAK music is probably
O-TOWN and PUFFY fan U should stick 2 makin the BAND buddy because YOUR really talkin out your ass wit that 1.....IM hella picky when it come to the music i like and listen to and i think WAX is spittin harder adn puttin out better music then 90% the cats in the game right now and isnt spendin 5 mill to do an album think if he was WOW it would be real major then.......So if u think his shit is weak maybe u should stop listenin to the fluffy i love life and wanna save hip hop shit and hit the streets where niggas grind and see what u think then....i do agree though that file shrin will never be stopped and that its good for music in some ways buts its also bad in some ways so its 50/50 wit that 1....THANK U FOR YALL TIME AND FUCK BEIN A HATER GET A LIFE AND FIND SOMETHAN TO LIVE FOR.......

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Tim said:

Everytime some "artist" who wants to blame their lacc of sales on something starts one of these threads I try to post in it. Damn near everytime my questions and comments are ignored by these "artists". Probably because they know I'm right. It's really said how "artists" like awax think and act like the consumers actually owe them something. FACT IS FILE SHARING IS A GOOD THING. I have bought more albums because I was able to download albums first from the internet than I did before that. There are a lot of artists who's albums I wouldn't even have given a chance if I wasn't able to download their album first. People like awax are obviously to ignorant, to greedy or probably both to realize they are biting the hand that feeds them. You dumb fuccs come on the internet and attacc the people who support you. The immaturity and overall stupidity I see displayed by people like awax will keep me from ever supporting anything with his name on it. Plus the fact that it's actually not that good. So I don't buy awax albums for two reasons: 1. he treats his fans like shit. 2. his albums are weak and not worth buying. File sharing WILL NOT and CAN NOT be stopped. You shutdown one thing more will pop up to replace it. All getting rid of napster did was split up the file sharing community to 5-10 different places instead of one. The truth is ya'll just need to make better music, nobody wants to buy this generic bullshit that sounds like everything else that's out now. Make good music and people will buy it.
OUCH!

Kavie

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Raphas said:
Take it this way, A-WAX, if it wasn't for the internet and downloads I'd never know your music since your CD don't come out here in France. it's promotion for yall artists.
i agree...i'm from the bay though...but if it wasn't for the internet and shit like Kazaa, Napster, etc. i wouldn't know about your shit and other artists' shit...

Jul 25, 2003
as soon as they government tries to regulate kazaa and other file sharing programs there will always be new ones. look what happened after they tried to shut down napster.... there were just new programs. computer programmers and hackers will always be a step ahead of the music industry.

Aug 4, 2002
Kavie said:

i agree...i'm from the bay though...but if it wasn't for the internet and shit like Kazaa, Napster, etc. i wouldn't know about your shit and other artists' shit...
Exactly. Niggas is gassin they self up too much nowdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.