Fakeness

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2004
Really Treal said:
i don't know why but that shit made me bust out laughin.

Man i been to 3 funerals in the past 3 months, what's goin on in Oakland or anywhere else ain't shit to be glorified. The fake ones that stay in the house all day and never see how real it is out here are the ones braggin about that shit. If u ever lost someone to these streets u wouldn't be so quick to brag about homicide rates.
You laughed cuz you know it and seen it..LOL. Niggaz be in character cuz in they mind thats how they feel they gotta act and be in he name of "keepin it real"

Nov 13, 2004
Sydal said:
San Jose is the SAFEST big city (according to statistics) in the UNITED STATES! New York City is the 4th safest big city in the United States. Both cities are expensive to live in, and both have a low violent crime rate PER CAPITA! BUT, people aren't takin' any credibility away from rappers who call New York City HOME!! Why is that?? I've lost people here in San Jose, just like folks in Oakland lose people. If Oakland had a higher population, it wouldn't be one of the most dangerous cities in the country. Neither would Richmond...but because those cities are so small compared to San Jose and NYC, the crime rate per capita is higher, therefore making it more dangerous! That's how they get their statistics!

I would personally rather listen to a rapper who has something good to say...as opposed to a rapper who says the same shit Dr. Dre and Eazy-E said in 1989, but with better word play.
Shit I just like to be entertained...I dont give a fuck what a rapper do or has done. If the shit sound fly then its fly. He could be a nerd good with words and a helluva imagination over a tight track...shit I'm good. I dont watch movies and say...hey I dont know if I wanna see this guy act in this movie cuz if he really cant fly in real life like he perpetrating in this movie then I cant fuck with it. Thats crazy. I mean for real, do really think Lynch, Snoop, or even Spice 1 who killed 100 mufuckas per song was or is out really doin that shit? Its childish to even expect them to be. Even Bo, I'm sure yeah he been in some gang fights, maybe shot at people, hell maybe even wounded a nigga, but come on, do u think he's just super crip all the time?

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
^^^^
Exactly. Rappers, just like any other singer or songwriter, are artists with words. Brotha Lynch has said some of the nastiest shit in his songs, but nobody is out there sayin, "I can't bump Lynch, he don't really be doin' that shit". Hell naww, Lynch is creative as fuck and has a solid fanbase. He knows how to use his words to get people to listen, and that's what he does. Snoop wasn't really CRIPPIN' before he signed to Death Row, he was slangin' shit FOR the crips...he said so himself. Just so happened his murder trial hit the news and skyrocketed his sales. Funny shit is, it was a Snoop Doggy Dogg murder trial, and he wasn't even the one who had the gun. But people saw Snoop as the hardest cat at that time to put out an album 'cause he went on trial for murder.

I don't give a fuck who says what, as long as they have a message to deliver, and can captivate an audience. That's really all that matters. Rap/Hip-Hop is an artform built to express oneself, when it began it had NO BOUNDARIES! People say it came from the hood...Yes it did...but it had no boundaries.

Dec 29, 2005
STICK-N-MOVE said:
rap came from the ghetto. the more ghetto your background, the more chances youll have in the rap industry. ppl want to hear about real. the realness of struggle. and sorry to bust your bubble, san jose is one of the safest cities in california. for me to listen to san jose rap is like listening to malibu rap over compton rap. its not happening. the only thing ill listen to from san jose is traxamillions shits. thats just how the game goes.

i rather eat chinese food straight out of a chinese neighborhood than eat chinese food in an americanized environment.
Ok let me get this straight. Your from Frisco. Frisco is known to have the largest gay community in the WORLD. i mean numero fucken uno. The top spot and aint no other city is even coming close. Does that make you Gay? San Francisco is known for this. Are you product of a massive homosexual community? I listen to Frisco rap and dont think its gay at all. Most of the shit i bump is Frisco rap. I respect good music and the real. Real recognize real I dont give a fuck where you from.

Jan 15, 2006
Saying rappers are not gangstas that is saying no matter what you did as soon as you step in a studio and lay some vocals all your stripes dissappear..... whether its a famous rapper or an unknown rapper.. a rapper is a rapper..

A better way to say it is you cant be a rapper thats getting money out of the game and has a lil name for himself and still be doing gangsta shit.. those 2 just dont mix... i mean you can do it but it would be stupid and the chances of getting caught are alot bigger.. gangsta is a mentality not just something you do.. you can still have the mentality but most rappers aint stupid enough to be out there doing dirt when they making money and they in the public eye

Back to san jose when you look at that thread nobody said san jose was hella soft but when you are in an area with cities like frisco, richmond, epa etc. you are bound to be compared with them.. this is how the game is it aint nothing new people buy images.. if the people from the suburbs that buy all the gangsta records dont think enough people get killed in your city they wont buy your story.. i know good music is good music but the majority counts and they obviously dont feel the same way..

May 30, 2006
mafiaqueen said:
I know some str8 up mass murders that went to college and some work jobs and own businesses. When I say mass murder I dont mean in a Zodiac typa way I mean these niggaz than smoke 5-6 mufuckas in they time.
Homie I aint trying 2 clown u but I really think u need 2 look up the definition of the word "mass murderer".

The Holocaust waz a mass murder

9/11 waz a mass murder

Killin 5 or 6 people doesn't make a person a mass murderer.

May 5, 2002
aye welcome to the siccness. and as for this type of post its the same deal. this site is crazy cuz it bring together EVERYONE just on the association for the music. Then when ppl get to expressing their ideas or own stupidity you realize all u have in common is the music; and that might not even be for the same reasons

Aug 23, 2005
Sydal said:
San Jose is the SAFEST big city (according to statistics) in the UNITED STATES! New York City is the 4th safest big city in the United States. Both cities are expensive to live in, and both have a low violent crime rate PER CAPITA! BUT, people aren't takin' any credibility away from rappers who call New York City HOME!! Why is that?? I've lost people here in San Jose, just like folks in Oakland lose people. If Oakland had a higher population, it wouldn't be one of the most dangerous cities in the country. Neither would Richmond...but because those cities are so small compared to San Jose and NYC, the crime rate per capita is higher, therefore making it more dangerous! That's how they get their statistics!

I would personally rather listen to a rapper who has something good to say...as opposed to a rapper who says the same shit Dr. Dre and Eazy-E said in 1989, but with better word play.
yea,nyc they told me tha same shit out there when i went,but san jose has a-lot of gang issues out there.

Feb 12, 2006
STICK-N-MOVE said:
rap came from the ghetto. the more ghetto your background, the more chances youll have in the rap industry. ppl want to hear about real. the realness of struggle. and sorry to bust your bubble, san jose is one of the safest cities in california. for me to listen to san jose rap is like listening to malibu rap over compton rap. its not happening. the only thing ill listen to from san jose is traxamillions shits. thats just how the game goes.

i rather eat chinese food straight out of a chinese neighborhood than eat chinese food in an americanized environment.
sean-t and traxamillion are arguably the best producers in the bay, Dem Hoodstarz is arguably the most popular rap duo in the bay area....how can you not listen to them? if u have heard a good single like...feelin myself or ghostride it...THEN U HEArD IT NIGGA

Jan 24, 2007
707Dizz707 said:
sean-t and traxamillion are arguably the best producers in the bay, Dem Hoodstarz is arguably the most popular rap duo in the bay area....how can you not listen to them? if u have heard a good single like...feelin myself or ghostride it...THEN U HEArD IT NIGGA
Dem Hoodstarz and Sean-T are from EPA/Menlo Park, which you'd be right if that's your opinion of South Bay rap because some people say EPA is South Bay and some people say it isn't. I think everyone can agree EPA's a pretty dangerous place, not as much as it was in the early 90's tho.

Aug 1, 2004
San Jose's like my 2nd home....I was always out here even before I moved.

#1....this shit is exactly why folks dont get anywhere in life....who in thier right mind would WANT to live in a fucked up violent community?

#2....I bet anyone here thats really "hood" and lives in that shit will tell you that 90% of the people that live here (meaning any poor neighborhood) is just poor people that cant afford to live anywhere else.....if your contributing to the violence by just acting wild for no reason then you should be ashamed of yourself and have no fuckin right to complain about anyone keeping you down.....its like the d-boy that just serves knocks because getting a job makes him feel like a square.

Everytime someone starts running thier mouth with pride about how hard thier hood is (which they ussually have ZERO ownership in) the racist muthafuckas that really run shit from behind the scenes just dip another shrimp and laugh at how we all take joy in killing ourselves.

Nov 13, 2004
The Evil Genius said:
Homie I aint trying 2 clown u but I really think u need 2 look up the definition of the word "mass murderer".

The Holocaust waz a mass murder

9/11 waz a mass murder

Killin 5 or 6 people doesn't make a person a mass murderer.
u know what the fuck I mean..LOL..Uh a person whose killed more than once....um..u get the piture.LOL

reza

Sicc OG
Jun 9, 2005
Sydal said:

Wow...you just compared San Jose to New York.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
reza said:
Wow...you just compared San Jose to New York.
Yea, I did. Here's why! San Jose and NYC are both huge cities, one on each coast, both with extremely high costs of living, both with very low violent crime rates per capita, and both are built around the corporations that lie within. I would have compared Los Angeles to NYC, but Los Angeles isn't one of the top 5 safest cities in America like New York is...and the cost of living isn't quite as high. Make sense why I did that?

New York City used to be bad until Rudy Giuliani stepped in and cleaned that shit up.

http://www.morganquitno.com/cit07pop.htm#25