Fakeness

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 15, 2006
Doc Truth said:
Isnt East San Jose supposedly the "Hood". I'm from Camden New Jersey. When I hear people talking about hoods here I really dont understand. Yall have palm tree's and front yards. In camden you have borded up brick row houses with grass growing out the sidewalk. I see 500 thousand dollar houses in the "Hoods" here. That shit dont work back east. My view of what is a ghetto is much different than everybody out here.
lol What is it exactly you dont understand ? You make no sense at all.

May 5, 2005
the_truth_ said:
lol What is it exactly you dont understand ? You make no sense at all.
I make perfect sense. The fact that there are 500 thousand dollar houses in the "Hood". I cant understand, Houses in the hood in jersey are 50 thousand dollars. Not 500,000. That shit makes no sense.

Jan 15, 2006
Doc Truth said:
I make perfect sense. The fact that there are 500 thousand dollar houses in the "Hood". I cant understand, Houses in the hood in jersey are 50 thousand dollars. Not 500,000. That shit makes no sense.
I understand what you getting at but are you trying to say the grimier a place looks the worse it is ? Cuz that is not neccessarily true. I mean it's 500.000 houses in the hood............ and ? Its not like niggaz is owning them or something. Gentrification is taking place everywhere not just cali.

May 5, 2005
the_truth_ said:
I understand what you getting at but are you trying to say the grimier a place looks the worse it is ? Cuz that is not neccessarily true. I mean it's 500.000 houses in the hood............ and ? Its not like niggaz is owning them or something. Gentrification is taking place everywhere not just cali.
It adds to it yes. When your house has no heating in a place where it gets below freezing, snows and you have boards on the windows instead of windows AND you live with rats the size of cats that shit has an effect on everybody around. The feel of the area makes it much more depressing than out here. Shit is dark, cold and grey out that way. Not to mention the dollar is worth alot less. Poverty is much worse back east than out here. The poorest of the poor live in the hoods back east.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
The Evil Genius said:
Homie I aint trying 2 clown u but I really think u need 2 look up the definition of the word "mass murderer".

The Holocaust waz a mass murder

9/11 waz a mass murder

Killin 5 or 6 people doesn't make a person a mass murderer.
Yes, it does make them a mass murderer.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
the_truth_ said:
Gentrification is taking place everywhere not just cali.
Exactly. Always an argument about who's hood has the most deaths, like it's something to brag about. Stupid shit IMO

Jan 15, 2006
Doc Truth said:
It adds to it yes. When your house has no heating in a place where it gets below freezing, snows and you have boards on the windows instead of windows AND you live with rats the size of cats that shit has an effect on everybody around. The feel of the area makes it much more depressing than out here. Shit is dark, cold and grey out that way. Not to mention the dollar is worth alot less. Poverty is much worse back east than out here. The poorest of the poor live in the hoods back east.
But its still the same ol shit everywhere but yeah the area and everything can definetily add to it i wasnt trying to argue that. The living conditions out east cant be compared with the living conditions on the west.

Jan 24, 2007
the_truth_ said:
But its still the same ol shit everywhere but yeah the area and everything can definetily add to it i wasnt trying to argue that. The living conditions out east cant be compared with the living conditions on the west.

Thats real, dont let the palmtrees, stucko houses and hot weather fool you, Californias got some if not the most violent/grimy hoods of any state in America.

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
Houses were a lot less before the Silicon Valley boom.... back in the 80's you could get a new two story house for 225k...

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Doc Truth said:
Shit is dark, cold and grey out that way. Not to mention the dollar is worth alot less.
In a place with no money, shouldn't the dollar be worth a lot more?? Out here a dollar ain't shit, but because of the big business we have in Cali, there's tons of money circulating and shit costs a lot more.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Doc Truth said:
Isnt East San Jose supposedly the "Hood". I'm from Camden New Jersey. When I hear people talking about hoods here I really dont understand. Yall have palm tree's and front yards. In camden you have borded up brick row houses with grass growing out the sidewalk. I see 500 thousand dollar houses in the "Hoods" here. That shit dont work back east. My view of what is a ghetto is much different than everybody out here.
Wasn't it Xzibit who said, "They think it's all chronic and palm trees out this muthafucka"??? Palm Trees and Front yards have nothin' to do with anything. Cities put up Palm Trees because they make the value of the property they are on go up (which is why they are being strategically placed throughout San Jose...Palm Trees seem to make everything look better). Los Angeles has lots of palm trees...does that make it less grimey? People in South Central have front yards, too...does that make it an o.k. place to be??

Hoods are different throughout the country. In New York, it's a lot of project buildings, in Detroit, it's a lot of abandoned houses and shit...in the dirty south, they have some really fucked up spots, and some hoods with front yards and shit. On the West Coast, we have some project buildings, but there are lots of houses with front yards and palm trees in those same cities. There's also a difference between poverty stricken ghettos and HOODS! The HOOD, is short for neighborhood, thus the reason we say HOOD...but there is shit goin' on, and money actually flows through those places because of certain things that certain people do in those areas. I mean, East San Jose neighborhoods don't look much different from some of the hoods in the Los Angeles area. We have projects in Cali too, but they're just not as BIG as the ones on the East Coast. Don't be fooled though, just because somebody is HOOD doesn't mean they're GHETTO, feel me? Cats in the hood hustle, they do what they do...ghetto inhabitants usually live in areas with SERIOUS drug and social problems...it's a lot deeper than the street shit out there, feel me? There are politics involved...

I guess a lot of folks don't know the difference between HOOD and GHETTO! But, there is a difference. We still have hoods, don't be fooled by the windows and front yards. It's all about WHO LIVES THERE!!

Oct 21, 2006
Sydal said:
Wasn't it Xzibit who said, "They think it's all chronic and palm trees out this muthafucka"??? Palm Trees and Front yards have nothin' to do with anything. Cities put up Palm Trees because they make the value of the property they are on go up (which is why they are being strategically placed throughout San Jose...Palm Trees seem to make everything look better). Los Angeles has lots of palm trees...does that make it less grimey? People in South Central have front yards, too...does that make it an o.k. place to be??
3rd street has palm trees. they're gentrifying the shit outta it. they have cameras on 3rd & newcomb now too

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
furly said:
3rd street has palm trees. they're gentrifying the shit outta it. they have cameras on 3rd & newcomb now too
Yea, I heard they were startin' to do shit like that out there. Aren't they supposed to be building brand new complexes in HP, too?? Sounds like they're trying to drive out the current residents and make it a place people go to. If they're trying to make it a better area, great...but I think the HP residents should keep grindin' and move into whatever new buildings may pop up in the future if they want to stay up there.

Oct 21, 2006
Sydal said:
Yea, I heard they were startin' to do shit like that out there. Aren't they supposed to be building brand new complexes in HP, too?? Sounds like they're trying to drive out the current residents and make it a place people go to. If they're trying to make it a better area, great...but I think the HP residents should keep grindin' and move into whatever new buildings may pop up in the future if they want to stay up there.
They've been trying to drive out Bayview/HP residents forever. They're cleaning up the naval shipyard too. They've known about all that waste forever. NOW they clean it up?

TaTa

Sicc OG
May 22, 2006
Cities in the bay have people that are just about the same everywhere you go. The game out here is spread on all corners of the bay, so you see similar people everywhere in the bay. To say that a hood has the hardest people, is to say that i ant has hard as them. Let me say this, i will never admit, not even if i am beat down by a million people, that there is someone that is as hard as me. I am willing to bet that most people in general feel the same way about themselves. That is why no one can ever win an argument of what city is the hardest. Because they can never admit that someone else could be harder than them, so stop all this shit, it's point less. Respect people, so that there wont be so many ignorant fools dieing all the time. We are all made out of flesh and blood, and we will not live forever, so who cares if you are hard or not, if you not making anyone around you happy for it. That is why most grown man say to the youngster who act hard to grow up, because older people come to this conclusion later in time.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
furly said:
They've been trying to drive out Bayview/HP residents forever. They're cleaning up the naval shipyard too. They've known about all that waste forever. NOW they clean it up?
Yea, I've known about that for a minute, but I heard they were actually starting to follow through with it.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
TaTa said:
Cities in the bay have people that are just about the same everywhere you go. The game out here is spread on all corners of the bay, so you see similar people everywhere in the bay. To say that a hood has the hardest people, is to say that i ant has hard as them. Let me say this, i will never admit, not even if i am beat down by a million people, that there is someone that is as hard as me. I am willing to bet that most people in general feel the same way about themselves. That is why no one can ever win an argument of what city is the hardest. Because they can never admit that someone else could be harder than them, so stop all this shit, it's point less. Respect people, so that there wont be so many ignorant fools dieing all the time. We are all made out of flesh and blood, and we will not live forever, so who cares if you are hard or not, if you not making anyone around you happy for it. That is why most grown man say to the youngster who act hard to grow up, because older people come to this conclusion later in time.
Yeeeaaaaa. We all bleed, we all breathe, we all die....and we all have tear ducts, which means nobody is too hard to cry. Once everybody realizes this shit, they might start to get their act together.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
FUCK HOW HARD A HOOD IS!!

HAYWARD, Calif. -- Two 4-year-old sisters were shot in the head Monday night in a drive-by shooting in Hayward that also injured their 3-year-old brother, Hayward police Lt. Reid Lindblom reported.
Three adults and the three children were standing in the front yard of 27744 Seminole Way at about 6:20 p.m. when a black midsize sedan drove by the residence, Lindblom said. (map)
The house is just a few miles from the Nimitz freeway.

Police are not sure of the intended targets of the attack, but they reported that there were three men in the car when it approached the house and gunfire was fired at the people outside. The gunmen are described by witnesses as either black or Hispanic men, Lindblom said.
The girls are in grave condition at Children's Hospital in Oakland. Their brother was grazed by a bullet along his ear and he was also taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to Lindblom.
A toy car and a toy playhouse sat outside near the crime tape.
Police have not made any arrests at this point and there are a lot of questions about why the children were the victims of the attack.
"This is a very despicable crime; we hate to see it when young children are injured like this. A lot of people asked, is this a gang shooting? There are no obvious indicators of why this (would be) a gang shooting," Lindblom said.
Lindblom said that both the mother and the father of the girls were present when they were shot. The girls are not twins. They may have the same father, but different mothers, he reported.

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
Yeah, I stayed in tha Stack for 4 yrs.... can get lightweight depressing especially when a brotha gets popped at the liquorstore in broad daylight... RIP Kinte... and kill all that driveby shit!

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Yea, I was recording up in Hayward in 2004 when we heard a bunch of shots go off. Went outside for a cig when about 8 cops pulled up to the spot and drew down on us...had us laid out and cuffed up for a hot minute...tryin' to tell us we just did a drive-by. Nothin' more uncomfortable than trigger happy cops pointin' guns at you when you didn't do shit. Every time I go out there I hear shots somewhere.