Fakeness

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 15, 2006
Safest big city doesnt really say alot... Nyc still had about 550 murders last year i dont know if i would call that safe..

It goes down in san jose but nowhere near the level of most cities of that size thats basically what people were saying.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
San Jose has around 1 million residents, New York City has about 8.1 Million residents. 550 Murders out of 8.1 Million people isn't much at all. Compared to Los Angeles, NY, Chicago, Houston, etc...San Jose is still a relatively small city. I'm not sayin it doesn't go down in San Jose, I'm not saying San Jose is crazy as fuck...I was simply making a point based on national statistics. People were saying San Jose is the safest city in America, so folks in the rap world don't take us seriously...and I'm saying New York is among the top 5 safest cities in America, so why are they taken seriously and we're not?

Without those statistics, people wouldn't be saying shit about rappers from San Jose....feel me? I don't care that my city is safe, I like it...but we still go through things and see shit just like everybody else. A lot of us just happen to think before we react to shit.

May 5, 2005
Sydal said:
San Jose has around 1 million residents, New York City has about 8.1 Million residents. 550 Murders out of 8.1 Million people isn't much at all. Compared to Los Angeles, NY, Chicago, Houston, etc...San Jose is still a relatively small city. I'm not sayin it doesn't go down in San Jose, I'm not saying San Jose is crazy as fuck...I was simply making a point based on national statistics. People were saying San Jose is the safest city in America, so folks in the rap world don't take us seriously...and I'm saying New York is among the top 5 safest cities in America, so why are they taken seriously and we're not?

Without those statistics, people wouldn't be saying shit about rappers from San Jose....feel me? I don't care that my city is safe, I like it...but we still go through things and see shit just like everybody else. A lot of us just happen to think before we react to shit.
Everybody who has been to NYC knows it is dangerous. San Jose feels safe no matter where you are. The hoods in NYC look terrible. Like war zones. In san jose they look like upper class neighborhoods in the good parts of Long Island. San Jose is the size of Brooklyn and Brooklyn is probably 5000 times worse than san jose alone. You cannot compare New York to San Jose. Even if San Jose had Oakland population it would be one of the safest cities in the bay area. What do they average 30 murders a year? I Would be proud of that for a city its size.

Aug 6, 2006
Yea, you can't compare NY to San Jo.. The murders in NY are in concentrated areas but being that NY is so monstrously huge, the good outweighs the bad. San Jose is a nice ass city all the way around and that's a good look. If I weren't black I'd wish I were raised in San Jose, no bull..

Apr 25, 2002
Doc Truth said:
Everybody who has been to NYC knows it is dangerous. San Jose feels safe no matter where you are. The hoods in NYC look terrible. Like war zones. In san jose they look like upper class neighborhoods in the good parts of Long Island. San Jose is the size of Brooklyn and Brooklyn is probably 5000 times worse than san jose alone. You cannot compare New York to San Jose. Even if San Jose had Oakland population it would be one of the safest cities in the bay area. What do they average 30 murders a year? I Would be proud of that for a city its size.
I'm not disagreeing, I was just stating statistics...NY is one of the safest cities in America...according to stats...that's all I was gettin' at. I am proud that I'm from San Jose...even though for a good portion of my younger years I was nervous as fuck and watched myself and my folks constantly...because somebody tried to stab me, and somebody else tried to shoot me (a few times), and I wasn't bangin' or slangin' shit.

It doesn't matter where you're from, it matters who you're with. I wasn't born with the mentality I have now, but I acquired it over the years because of shit I went through as an individual, in the now safest city in America. But, regardless of that shit, if I had to do it again, I would do it all in the same city, the same way.

Apr 25, 2002
ParkBoyz said:
Yea, you can't compare NY to San Jo.. The murders in NY are in concentrated areas but being that NY is so monstrously huge, the good outweighs the bad. San Jose is a nice ass city all the way around and that's a good look. If I weren't black I'd wish I were raised in San Jose, no bull..
If you weren't black? That have to do with the bullshit police force we have out here? Believe me fam, the cops out here don't give a fuck about color when goin' after folks...they look for anybody young and "suspicious". Believe me...

Apr 25, 2002
Doc Truth said:
The hoods in NYC look terrible. Like war zones. In san jose they look like upper class neighborhoods in the good parts of Long Island.
What hoods did you go to in San Jose? They don't look like Brooklyn, but they sure as fuck don't look upper class. The only change I've seen is 7 Trees...Rancho...but as far as the East and West Side...shit isn't Brady Bunch Hoods. Starbird and Blackford don't look all great, and neither does King and Story...or Capital and McKee...there are more but I don't want to go on about this.

TaTa

Sicc OG
May 22, 2006
this is not for San Jose, but the more missed up your city is, the more ignorant the people are. SO it true to say that cities that have high murder rates have the highest percentage of ignorant people, which lack education and self esteem. Not to bad mouth cities that have high murder rates because i am from East Palo Alto, once the murder cap of the Nation. I mean, rapers rap about what they see, fake rapers rap about what they hear on real rapers cd. Those who i believe are the best rapers, are smart and well rounded, just like Mac Dre; he might have not been the smartest person in the world, but his creative writing made him seem like it. So to even trip about others talking bad about a city, you are playing yourself. Ignorant people exist and they are more easy to come by than not.

reza

Sicc OG
Jun 9, 2005
Sydal said:
San Jose has around 1 million residents, New York City has about 8.1 Million residents.
This is why you shouldn't make a comparison. Compare SJ to cities that have a population around a million(San Diego).

Apr 7, 2006
Sydal - you gotta a good head on them shoulders... and since you mentioned a nieghbrohood where I'm at, I feel obligated to put this in the air...

My family from the South Rich (offa Potrero Ave, Cutting Blvd, & 33rd and Erlandson by the Fuller Funeral home...), I dun been to NYC (Manhattan, S.Queens, Jamaica) & I been stayin Westbound in Sj by Blackford/Starbird park for the last 7yrs or so... all I can really say is that you can get jacked or cracked at any of these spots (Richmond commin in at a solid #1) I also gotta say that walkin around Manhattan on a Saturday night felt suprisingly safer than when I used to stroll downtown Sj during my parking lot pimpin' days ... Where I'm at right now, there be the occassional shooting (ain't been one at my complex in over a year thankfully.. but 2 happened in a week down the way)... surenos vs nortenos.. my upstairs nieghbro got stabbed and sliced up... you won't find that in them statistics cuz he wuz on probation at the time, so if he went to the hospital he woulda got violated courtesy of the gang injuction.. but anyways, I ain't got time to keep score... the first homie I ever smoked weed wit got murdered at a houseparty out here... so I guess if one thing that my time in the 'safest big city in Amerika' has taught me, is that shit can happen anywhere in this fuct up country... and usually when you least expect it

Ya nig been to Vietnam too... talk about super-ghetto... but I had to lovvit cuz most folks out there are real cool and basic... drink beer and eat good food... wheras you got insecure cats over here that'll fuck you up just to get imaginary stripes

My survival guide is real basic: respect the next man, especially when you in his backyard... cuz the embarrasement of getting murked ain't worth the ego-strokin' ...

Strive to better y'allseves and keep it movin' in an upward fashion, cuz being obsessed with the latest activity of insecure gangbangerz ain't grown-man bidness

Feb 12, 2006
B-San said:
Sydal - you gotta a good head on them shoulders... and since you mentioned a nieghbrohood where I'm at, I feel obligated to put this in the air...

My family from the South Rich (offa Potrero Ave, Cutting Blvd, & 33rd and Erlandson by the Fuller Funeral home...), I dun been to NYC (Manhattan, S.Queens, Jamaica) & I been stayin Westbound in Sj by Blackford/Starbird park for the last 7yrs or so... all I can really say is that you can get jacked or cracked at any of these spots (Richmond commin in at a solid #1) I also gotta say that walkin around Manhattan on a Saturday night felt suprisingly safer than when I used to stroll downtown Sj during my parking lot pimpin' days ... Where I'm at right now, there be the occassional shooting (ain't been one at my complex in over a year thankfully.. but 2 happened in a week down the way)... surenos vs nortenos.. my upstairs nieghbro got stabbed and sliced up... you won't find that in them statistics cuz he wuz on probation at the time, so if he went to the hospital he woulda got violated courtesy of the gang injuction.. but anyways, I ain't got time to keep score... the first homie I ever smoked weed wit got murdered at a houseparty out here... so I guess if one thing that my time in the 'safest big city in Amerika' has taught me, is that shit can happen anywhere in this fuct up country... and usually when you least expect it

Ya nig been to Vietnam too... talk about super-ghetto... but I had to lovvit cuz most folks out there are real cool and basic... drink beer and eat good food... wheras you got insecure cats over here that'll fuck you up just to get imaginary stripes

My survival guide is real basic: respect the next man, especially when you in his backyard... cuz the embarrasement of getting murked ain't worth the ego-strokin' ...

Strive to better y'allseves and keep it movin' in an upward fashion, cuz being obsessed with the latest activity of insecure gangbangerz ain't grown-man bidness
treally treal

Aug 11, 2006
B-San said:

Exactly

Apr 25, 2002
B-San said:

Thanks for the words, fam. I stay level headed, but most ignorant cats think I'm an idiot. I'm from the South Side of SJ, but lived over on Starbird Circle right by the park for a minute back in 2004. My boy lived right down the street on Blackford in that apartment complex across from the school...and because of the folks I saw right after I moved over there, my apartment ALWAYS had my people comin' in and out.

Cops were patrollin' two deep, about every 10-15 minutes...and were lookin' for muthafuckaz every night, shining those damn spotlights in our windows and shit...just like every other hood. But you're right, nobody hears about all that...they keep what goes on in San Jose on the hush. Funny thing about Starbird and Blackford is, ONE STREET divides the fucked up part from the brady bunch blocks. I remember thinkin' it was funny as fuck walkin' out of the complex, turning the corner and lookin' across the street only to see some dude outside watering his lawn and washing his car with kids in the yard playin'. It was like 2 different worlds divided by a strip of pavement.

I feel blessed that I've been able to live on both sides of the tracks. I've lived in the burbs, and I've lived in the hood. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that when you're a REAL PERSON, there's not much of a difference. I almost got stabbed AND shot in the suburbs, and nobody fucked with or disrespected me in the hood. Goes to show you that, it's not where you are, it's who you are and who's around you.

TaTa

Sicc OG
May 22, 2006
I love San Jose cause most times than not, I can go out there and have a night of fun with the San Jo woman, and that is what counts. It is a stress relief,.

Oct 5, 2006
Tycoonin said:
I was reading this thread http://siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=226898 and i couldnt fucken beleive people was hating on South Bay Rap because the South Bay didnt have as many murders as Oakland and Richmond. There is some real ass dumbfucks on here that ara some real ass followers on this shit. MOST rappers are not GANGSTAZ they're business men/ hustlaz in the rap game. I've spoken to a few major figgaz in the shit and they wasnt being gangsta at all in my opinion they was pretty damn square. And i aint mentioning any names but i know you own they're cd's. If they rappin they aint killing. ANd because you from a place that got hella killings goin down DON'T MAKE YOU A KILLA! I hear cats on hear trying to claim the street cred of shit that happened around them. Fuck you fake muthafuckaz. You sidelining ass cheerleaders acting like you all pull triggers. When its your homies, homies, cuzzins, best friends, aunties, ex-boyfriend. I aint from no murder capitol but we keep our shit in check. I dont need my spot to be blown up by the cops, news, or a cat that thinks they can come and run shit. It aint happening. I dunno but I what i'm saying is REAL RECOGNIZE REAL. And bitchez quit being fake cuz there some real muthafuckaz where you least expect it. Real G's feel me? Ghost!

True shit but i dont pay attention to foos on here claimin this and that because they talk about the shit they do but when do they got time to do it? they are always on the net tellin stories and shit, if they were puttin in real work they wouldnt have time to be all over the net talkin this and that!

Feb 28, 2006
everytime theres a thread that puts san jose on the spot on why the rap isnt getting shine, it always ends up with san jose as a city compared to oakland/richmond, etc. ill exclude frisco out of this just cause of the fact that its "the city." like from reading some previous post on comparing the murder rates of san jose vs. nyc and showing that nyc doesnt have that extreme high rate (as san jose), explains why frisco rap gets as much love as nyc rap. its the big city. the main attraction. when its from there, to me, it automatically gets air-time in the region no matter how safe/bad it is. but because, since ppl are familiar with big cities, they know how about the good, bad, ugly, and real ugly (like hunters point/sunnydale). im pretty sure san jose got there little cutty projects but ppl arent familair with san jose except that its viewed as one of the safest big cities in america. i keep saying this, rap is and always will be black dominated. if the jacka was white from san jose, I BET he'd be one of those cats on here putting up their myspace page on a thread w/ 0-10 views and 0 responses. thus, oakland/richmond/vallejo will have top contenders in the bay area rap scene regardless.

i rather eat a burrito off of mission street than @ taco bell.

Apr 25, 2002
STICK-N-MOVE said:
everytime theres a thread that puts san jose on the spot on why the rap isnt getting shine, it always ends up with san jose as a city compared to oakland/richmond, etc. ill exclude frisco out of this just cause of the fact that its "the city." like from reading some previous post on comparing the murder rates of san jose vs. nyc and showing that nyc doesnt have that extreme high rate (as san jose), explains why frisco rap gets as much love as nyc rap. its the big city. the main attraction. when its from there, to me, it automatically gets air-time in the region no matter how safe/bad it is. but because, since ppl are familiar with big cities, they know how about the good, bad, ugly, and real ugly (like hunters point/sunnydale). im pretty sure san jose got there little cutty projects but ppl arent familair with san jose except that its viewed as one of the safest big cities in america. i keep saying this, rap is and always will be black dominated. if the jacka was white from san jose, I BET he'd be one of those cats on here putting up their myspace page on a thread w/ 0-10 views and 0 responses. thus, oakland/richmond/vallejo will have top contenders in the bay area rap scene regardless.

i rather eat a burrito off of mission street than @ taco bell.
We can still get love bein' from San Jose, it's just more likely to happen outside of the region. A lot of cats out here look at stripes, location, etc. Folks in a lot of other regions look at the music, and if the talent is there. Crazy how they do that.

If I gotta kill or be killed to make a hit song, then fuck it, I'll be an accountant...cause money and love does you no good when you're dead.

May 5, 2005
Sydal said:
What hoods did you go to in San Jose? They don't look like Brooklyn, but they sure as fuck don't look upper class. The only change I've seen is 7 Trees...Rancho...but as far as the East and West Side...shit isn't Brady Bunch Hoods. Starbird and Blackford don't look all great, and neither does King and Story...or Capital and McKee...there are more but I don't want to go on about this.
Isnt East San Jose supposedly the "Hood". I'm from Camden New Jersey. When I hear people talking about hoods here I really dont understand. Yall have palm tree's and front yards. In camden you have borded up brick row houses with grass growing out the sidewalk. I see 500 thousand dollar houses in the "Hoods" here. That shit dont work back east. My view of what is a ghetto is much different than everybody out here.