Drake - The Motto Video

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 15, 2008
1st off Drake invited the most recognizable faces to the world from the bay. E-40, Fab, and Too Short. Short missed his flight. All this talk about they should of have such in such in the video??? Why nobody knows who the hell they are. People will just look at them like they were extras in the video. You better invent a facial recognition app for the smart phone so people can pause a video and take a pic of them and do the search. Who looks at men in a video anyways and wonders who they are??????? It would have been fake if Drake invited a bunch of people who he dont even know or care to know just to be in the video. He could have came out here and used everyone and then left.

Drake could have gave a million dollars away to bay area charity and people will then wonder why he did not give 2 million away since hes 25 sitting on 25 lol

Sep 19, 2011
WHO EVER GOT A PROB WITH THIS AND HATING ON DRAKE COULD SUCK MY MOTHA FUCKN DICK
THE MOREL OF THIS VIDEO TO ME IS THIS!!!!!!!! IF MAC DRE WAS STELL ALIVE HE WOULD BE ON HIS WAY
TO YOUNG MONEY YMCMB THIZZ IN PEACE MAC DRE 1 LOVE TO DRAKE LIL WAYNE BABY YMCMB CASH MONEY RECORDS AMD ALL
WHO HAD PART IN THIS VIDEO!!!!FUCK YOU HATEN ASS NIGGAS

Apr 25, 2002
1st off Drake invited the most recognizable faces to the world from the bay. E-40, Fab, and Too Short. Short missed his flight. All this talk about they should of have such in such in the video??? Why nobody knows who the hell they are. People will just look at them like they were extras in the video.
and you kept it 100.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
man i already types hella and this new look is fuckin my edits up. i feel like the bay got used like a cheap whore. they got in good with dres mom and got a pass on gp? i know they met up with kilo and all that but like drake does with his music in getting women to back him, he did to the bay with one line. drake was an actor before this he knows how to make people get emotional and feel a certain way. i just feel like niggas got suckered. they rode through yall shit in leopard skin and lime green uggs and 'did it for mac dre'. why did a nigga from canada have to come to mac dres mom to do it for furl? yall couldnt (and i know you DO) do it for furl? im just like, were givin out really discounted hopper tickets to bayseyland because of a mac dre line.look how they came dressin like some homo astrononauts. yall already got lil b and kreyshawn making 10 million hits on youtube and in the radio dressin like lil weird ass elmo's world ass niggas so you got the weirdo shit locked. yall got frontrunners already. shout out to lil drake and tyga, but that funny shit will not keep the bay on. and i dont care how you feel about it neither. (nope) -blow

then lil nigga came in yall shit with the dodgers like its funk
i know SF keep hella disrespectful shirts abt the dodgers in the sports store downtown back in the day but damn, all this from a cat who got his chains yanked in his own county

i just hope smoenoe got paid or someones a sucka
i HOPE dres mom got money for that and a nice sum
niggas swooped in and done pimped dres mom for the keys to the bay

no respect tho
but yall didnt need that nigga to put yall on, they takin anything thats hot right now, the bays hot so they took that, bloods wer ehot so they took that. dressin fruity was hot so they took that. bay area shit was getting on slowly right now and they took that. maybe drake will have some of yall performin w him or look out for bay rappers but then its like yall beggin for his help.

but if you think it put on for your area dont mind my opinion im glad u like it and enjoy it on the radio

niggas is suckels (drake and tyga) tho

but real shit yalla re a legendary area for classic music that will be classic forever you do not need a cosign from no fuckin one niggas grew up on yall music in different sttes..and sure thats why he coulda did it but i feel like niggas really did try to get in good with a deceased mans mom to win emotional brownie points and thats not respected to me..t's up anyway tho i have fucked with thizz since the beginning but damn...

i aint gon say no more i just hate the nigga drake off top and maybe ima hate in this subject

but fuck that bullshit

Gas One

May 24, 2006
lol you're a nerd man

hanging out with rappers got you confused
lol you're a nerd man

hanging out with rappers got you confused
oh and here goes momses soulright, dude who follows posters around on siccness when they speak in a humorous or from left-field, and proceeds to call them 'a weirdo' or 'a nerd', look, you have 9000 posts, and youve been on a internet forum since 2002 and have a bandcamp account, i totally dont give a fuck about YOU being the judge on nerds or whats weird. then your detective ass is talkin about i kick it with rappers. hoookay...id ask what rappers but...yeah.... who gives a fuck what you think.ill be dat moses. and dont start following me around like you did antilabs, when he said something in another thread and you responded the same way, 'youre a nerd' lol shuttup nigga, let me say what the fuck i wanna say. fuck what you talkin about.

ANYWAYS

niggas usin other cities to get hot. asap rocky embodied hosuton to get on , drake usin the bay to get on. its a tested industry strategy right now.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
I thought it was terrible, to be honest. Aside from the fact I dont understand how this is supposed to help the bay in any capacity. If this shit is helping anyone then someone needs to thank Mike Meyers just as much for filming "So I Married an Axe Murderer" out here. The video itself I didnt like because it came off to me very superficial and staged. Seems like Drake jetted in, drove a car around, then jetted out. He didnt go to any neighborhoods, put any SF sights or sounds, interact with anyone. He was on the bridge, next to the bridge, and near the water...wtf? The way it comes off is he wanted a video near the bridge, threw 40 in the video in trade, then bounced. And even if Im mistaken about all that, and it actually is some kinda masterpiece, its the same shit in everyother video...bridge, drivin a car, party scene, drive the car again on the bridge, the end. Call me a hater, but I dont get it, and dont like it. Sorry.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
hes stealing yall swag. i dont think your brain can comprehend more than a few subcategories in a conversation at once.
"why would lil wayne become a blood and kiss a man? hes the biggest artist selling right now"

you need xanax.

people stay hot in the industry by stealing whats hot presently.
being the biggest selling artist in 2011 has to do with being a sponge.
man, now that ive responded to you, youre gonna try to talk to me all day.

fuck.

Apr 25, 2002
I SWEAR U NIGGAS IS NERDS
DRAKE GOT MILLZ HE DONT NEED NO FUCKIN BAY PROPS LMAO
ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS SHOW DAT PLAYD OUT SYCADELIC MAC DRE PIC WHEN HE SAY "RIP MAC DRE" LIKE 40 DID LOL AND IT WULDNA MADE THA REST OF THA WORLD NO DIFFERENCE CUZ THEY DONT GIVAH FUCK, IF ANYTHING DEM DIE HARD DRAKE FANS DAT ACTUALLY BUY CDs MITE BUY A COUPLE OF MD CDs JUST CUZ OF DIS VIDEO SO REALLY HE PUTN DOE N DRE FAM POCKETS HE DAMN NEAR GAVE DRE MAMA A CHECK FO DAT SHIT, NIGGAS ALWAYS GOT SUM FUCK SHIT TO SAY WHEN NIGGAS TRY TO SHOW LUV
DATS WHY NIGGAS DONT FUCK WIT US,CUZ ITS NEVA ENUFF FOR US SMH
this

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
This thread is hilarious. Some of you actually think they made the video there just to sell more albums in the bay? Like they still wouldn't have out sold every release from every rapper in the bay (minus maybe 40?) this year in their own backyard if they wouldn't have shot the video there or something. I'm pretty positive Drake's soudscan numbers would look more or less exactly the same if they never made this video at all.

The song is awful though in my opinion, jesus.