Drake - The Motto Video

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
how is that the hyphy movement? LOL Dope song! Good video. And Some out of towners just did it way bigger than anyone in the bay can do it.... The video is trending on twitter..... Glad this happened!

Dec 4, 2006
how is that the hyphy movement? LOL Dope song! Good video. And Some out of towners just did it way bigger than anyone in the bay can do it.... The video is trending on twitter..... Glad this happened!
And you are right!

Why some out of towner has showed more love to Dre's mother than anyone else that's close or has worked with Mac Dre?

Apr 25, 2002
lol just fuckin around Dutch, however i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of cats started dropping shit with that "hyphy" sound like "the motto" again.

now if you'll excuse me i'm gonna go ghostride my whip and accidentally crash it into a tree :cool:

May 16, 2002
I honestly thought it was a bit of dry love for the Bay Area artist. Kinda like Throwing them a bone. Doesn't really mean much at this point I guess, but time will tell. This has happened before in the golden era of Hip Hop & the biggest artist in the history of rap & still the Bay went under the radar, so I really don't understand why everybody jumps the bandwagon and starts to think that this is going to blow up the Bay. Let's hope it's different this time around.

Here is one of the biggest featuring the same artist in the background...

Sep 12, 2005
it would have been a good look if he put an actual bay artist on the song. how do you have a whole intro, location, and lyrics about a place, and even have rappers from the area, but not have any of them on the actual song?...what's the point?

Jul 29, 2004
That was cool man. Drake is a good dude for doing this.

Why did he do it?? CUZ HE CAN!! He just did an entire video in the bay, surrounding the bay, gave Mac Dre's mom the intro and cameo's to other bay artists for a song that aside from one bar has nothing to do with the bay. And the only people that will question it, is people in the BAY. Go figure.

May 29, 2002
Exactly Dutch tell these young hataz on the board wusup! We always bitchin that the Bay get no shine, and when we get the the biggest artist in the game right no tow drop to his knees and give us a blow jibber for no reason, but love we hate!? Go figure. ? On mine.