Does Young Money own Big Von & KMEL?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 31, 2007
KMEL's Playlist LOL

1. Miguel - Sure Thing
2. Drake - Marvin's Room
3. Loverance - Up
4. Lil' Wayne - How To Love
5. Dj Khaled - I'm On One
6. E-40 - My Beat Bang
7. Drake - Headlines
8. Wale - That Way
9. Kanye West & Jay-z - In Paris
10. Bei Maejor - Trouble
11. Lil' Wayne / Drake - She Will
12. Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
13. Miguel - Quickie
14. Kelly Rowland - Motivation
15. Wiz Khalifa / Too Short - On My Level
16. Chris Brown - Wet The Bed
17. Kreayshawn - Gucci Gucci
18. Jamie Foxx / Wiz Khalifa - Best Night Of My Life
19. Big Sean - Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay
20. Tyrese - Too Easy
Target Audience 13-17 year olds. Fuck this playlist

Thank god for ipod !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
Lol, who listens to the radio?

Thats grade-a bullshit. Besides the fact those songs would be on the radio regardless if anyone listened because they pay to be there, the shit you like is ingrained into your head from the time youre a baby. The powers that be hand pick everything for your "selection" before you even think about making a choice.
they wouldn't last/keep getting spun if people stop calling in and requesting them. Big labels pay for space and if the song is not requested much then the song is took out of rotation and another song/Campaign for the next one would start.

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
KMEL's Playlist LOL

1. Miguel - Sure Thing
2. Drake - Marvin's Room
3. Loverance - Up
4. Lil' Wayne - How To Love
5. Dj Khaled - I'm On One
6. E-40 - My Beat Bang
7. Drake - Headlines
8. Wale - That Way
9. Kanye West & Jay-z - In Paris
10. Bei Maejor - Trouble
11. Lil' Wayne / Drake - She Will
12. Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
13. Miguel - Quickie
14. Kelly Rowland - Motivation
15. Wiz Khalifa / Too Short - On My Level
16. Chris Brown - Wet The Bed
17. Kreayshawn - Gucci Gucci
18. Jamie Foxx / Wiz Khalifa - Best Night Of My Life
19. Big Sean - Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay
20. Tyrese - Too Easy
except for the bhreeshawn song... i don't know what ANY of those songs sound like.

::

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
Who in this thread (Artist) have actually submitted music to KMEL or scheduled a meeting to to talk to the program director ? It seems alot of people are just speaking how they feel.. not what they know. As for the fans/listeners on this site how many of you have called the radio stations (Continuously) to request or E-quest the music you like and when you did was the station even in possession of the song you requested ? I would like to know.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
The most successful rappers in the bay have their business in order. Von may like a song and want to give a local artist a shot, but if they don't have a business team it is no use, because that is proof that they are not prepared to go anywhere after their 1 song blows up on KMEL. The bottom line is that he's watched too many people blow their chance.
Yup, look at Erk Tha Jerk for example. Dude had a local hit song, no one can doubt that it was a hit. After that... no follow through to capitalize on it. I hope he either got with a team that knows what they're doing or got rid of his current team after that. Horrible mismanagement. Then again, maybe it was just a fluke.

This stuff is not private information. Clear Channel+LiveNation+Universal Music Group. If you understand the relationship between those 3 companies and what they do, the level that they operate on, you are worth arguing with. If not you got homework. This is 98% business 2% talent.
/thread

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
Bay artist need to branch out of there region... if you have a song in rotation here then its time to take it to other stations personally and talk to the program directors (LA, ATL, TX, MID WEST, ect ect).... develop personal relationships... it doesn't just happen from a couple of spins in your region, it happens from foot work (OUT SIDE THE BAY) and using the spins in your region as tangibles thats shows people like your music.

^^^ This is for indi artist.

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
and if enough people buy the artist you like...good chance you will hear them on the radio and brake the cycle of hearing the songs you dont like on the radio BUT Wayne. Em, and other are the ones selling millions because PEOPLE ARE BUYING THE MUSIC.... thats what im getting at. If you sold 1,000,000 bet you would be on the radio....but your not so as a indi artist you need to find what you need to do if you want play.... its possible as long as you cover what needs to be covered as a indi artist.

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
I like this thread... I hope it wakes people up that want to chose rap as a career. If your not willing to follow suit to have your music exposed to the masses independently, or make music that can get you a record deal.... then do it for fun and don't complain why you cant get any love on the radio or from major labels. As for listeners, its easy to turn off the radio...it solves the problem you might have with the same song being played...but there will be millions of kids that will still call in and request those same songs you hate to hear...

p.s. - people have to figure out whether they want to be a artist...or a consumer on this site. Cant be both or it just gets all confusing. IMO

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
I like this thread... I hope it wakes people up that want to chose rap as a career. If your not willing to follow suit to have your music exposed to the masses independently, or make music that can get you a record deal.... then do it for fun and don't complain why you cant get any love on the radio or from major labels. As for listeners, its easy to turn off the radio...it solves the problem you might have with the same song being played...but there will be millions of kids that will still call in and request those same songs you hate to hear...

p.s. - people have to figure out whether they want to be a artist...or a consumer on this site. Cant be both or it just gets all confusing. IMO

Artists just have to be realistic, and try not to think too big. I think the problem is that a lot of artists are watching what the majors are doin' too much, and trying to compete with that. We'll always be at a disadvantage when it comes to the money they spend verses ours. That doesn't mean technology and innovation hasn't put independent artists in a great place to make enough money to live on, and do what you love doin'.

Also, I'd say every artist is a consumer because they're a fan of whatever genre they're representing. If they weren't then they wouldn't be doing it.

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
Artists just have to be realistic, and try not to think too big. I think the problem is that a lot of artists are watching what the majors are doin' too much, and trying to compete with that. We'll always be at a disadvantage when it comes to the money they spend verses ours. That doesn't mean technology and innovation hasn't put independent artists in a great place to make enough money to live on, and do what you love doin'.

Also, I'd say every artist is a consumer because they're a fan of whatever genre they're representing. If they weren't then they wouldn't be doing it.

I agree 100% .... but when you become a artist you have to think like a businessman/artist . You as a buy/consumer is just 1 person out of millions that like things you dont like. Siccness is a good example of the two Consumer/Artist are mixed and everything turns into a shouting match.

Dec 28, 2009
the kids during the times of those song highlighted did call and request and thats why those songs got played...back then.

its 2011 and a different generation, the majority of the youth today probably would have no clue about the song highlighted (Except for 2pac )
you dont get it. the songs i listed were just a few songs that came to mind but could be any song im not suggesting those songs as a playlist. the point is the radio stations decide the playlist and thats what people have to choose from. lets try this again with another make believe playlist:

spongebob squarepants "crabby patties"
bob manobb "say whattttt"
jg wentworth "877 cashnow"
sleeptrain "ticket to a better night sleep"

ok now try to follow this. if this was what kmel was playing, then these are the songs that would be requested. if you cannot grasp this, i give up.lol

Dec 2, 2006
you dont get it. the songs i listed were just a few songs that came to mind but could be any song im not suggesting those songs as a playlist. the point is the radio stations decide the playlist and thats what people have to choose from. lets try this again with another make believe playlist:

spongebob squarepants "crabby patties"
bob manobb "say whattttt"
jg wentworth "877 cashnow"
sleeptrain "ticket to a better night sleep"

ok now try to follow this. if this was what kmel was playing, then these are the songs that would be requested. if you cannot grasp this, i give up.lol
You are out of touch with reality my friend. Those songs, just like the songs you are crying about, keep following me here, HAVE REAL FUCKING MONEY BEHIND THEM!

What don't you get about that? They are able to reach audiences all over the world because guess what, they have the money to reach them.

Lets say, and this is very hypothetical of course, you get a song on the radio? What is that going to do for you? How would you respond and capitalize off of it?

You think $10,000 is going to let you do that? $25,000 won't be enough. It is your game that is watered down, not the music folks....