Does Young Money own Big Von & KMEL?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
It is funny listening people justify their own short comings where reality is concerned. The Raido plays the music the kids call in and request. The picture is so much bigger than playing a local artist incapable of capitalizing on the free marketing a radio song produces, but whatever. I could write a 25 page paper contrasting the difference between local artists and the artists with an actual career, specifically the Bay Area. The game is so deep and we are barely scratching the service. Think of it as taking a toothpick and scratching the sand at the beach. That little part you uncovered is cool, but there is so much more....

Dec 28, 2009
KMEL's Playlist LOL

1. Miguel - Sure Thing
2. Drake - Marvin's Room
3. Loverance - Up
4. Lil' Wayne - How To Love
5. Dj Khaled - I'm On One
6. E-40 - My Beat Bang
7. Drake - Headlines
8. Wale - That Way
9. Kanye West & Jay-z - In Paris
10. Bei Maejor - Trouble
11. Lil' Wayne / Drake - She Will
12. Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
13. Miguel - Quickie
14. Kelly Rowland - Motivation
15. Wiz Khalifa / Too Short - On My Level
16. Chris Brown - Wet The Bed
17. Kreayshawn - Gucci Gucci
18. Jamie Foxx / Wiz Khalifa - Best Night Of My Life
19. Big Sean - Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay
20. Tyrese - Too Easy

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
This stuff is not private information. Clear Channel+LiveNation+Universal Music Group. If you understand the relationship between those 3 companies and what they do, the level that they operate on, you are worth arguing with. If not you got homework. This is 98% business 2% talent.

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
KMEL's Playlist LOL

1. Miguel - Sure Thing
2. Drake - Marvin's Room
3. Loverance - Up
6. E-40 - My Beat Bang
7. Drake - Headlines
8. Wale - That Way
10. Bei Maejor - Trouble
13. Miguel - Quickie
20. Tyrese - Too Easy
^^^ this is what the majority of KIDS in the Bay area requests to hear. Simple. Kids are the majority of the audience.

Apr 25, 2002
KMEL's Playlist LOL

1. Miguel - Sure Thing
2. Drake - Marvin's Room
3. Loverance - Up
6. E-40 - My Beat Bang
7. Drake - Headlines
8. Wale - That Way
10. Bei Maejor - Trouble
13. Miguel - Quickie
20. Tyrese - Too Easy
those songs all have mass appeal. im not sayin i like all them, but they all have mass appeal.

songs that you wish were on KMEL may only have mass underground regional appeal. and thats if the song is actually "hot".

Nov 20, 2005
so this goes back to a while ago when -e40 dropped bitch with too short no spins at all!!
then 50 jumps on the remix and the songs played on a regular!!!
everyone knows von is a g unit groupie so the song gets played!!!
Von been taking money for years!!

AP9 when your station comin out!!!

Dec 28, 2009
^^^ this is what the majority of KIDS in the Bay area requests to hear. Simple. Kids are the majority of the audience.
you are missing my point.

let me give u an example. lets say the playlist looked more like:

tupac "california love"
the jacka "glamorous lifestyle"
mac dre " thizz dance"
e40 "one love"
dubee "my thang"
plane jane "so high"

these would be the songs the "kids" would be calling in to request. you see. the playlist dictates what people want to listen to as opposed to the people dictating what they want to listen to.

you get it now?

Dec 28, 2009
people aren't forced to like things... they either like it, or they dont.. dont matter how many times its played homie.
who are you trying to kid? i hear new songs on the radio that suck but after hearing the song over and over on the radio i know all the words and all though i dont like the song i cant help but to sing along. after a while the song that i initially thought sucked doesnt suck so much. and it doesnt help changing to a different station because all the stations play the same songs. so basically if you listen to the radio you are not forced to "like" a song but you are forced to listen to songs you dont like over and over until you can bear them. keep it real!

i know you dont want to bash the radio but dont try to fool people to thinking the radio only plays what their listeners want to hear.

Dec 2, 2006

tupac "california love"
mac dre " thizz dance"
e40 "one love"
dubee "my thang"
plane jane "so high"

these would be the songs the "kids" would be calling in to request. you see. the playlist dictates what people want to listen to as opposed to the people dictating what they want to listen to.

you get it now?
Are you serious? You have alot to learn if you plan on making music a career. Critically think a little and the answers will come.

Dec 28, 2009
Are you serious? You have alot to learn if you plan on making music a career. Critically think a little and the answers will come.
Really? Please enlighten me Mr knowitall.

And FYI some of my favorite artists have made a career in music with no help from the radio so like I said. "fuck the radio". They ain't fucking with me so I ain't fuckin with them.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
This stuff is not private information. Clear Channel+LiveNation+Universal Music Group. If you understand the relationship between those 3 companies and what they do, the level that they operate on, you are worth arguing with. If not you got homework. This is 98% business 2% talent.

This. Here's a little insight into the "Music Industry" and how things run at the higher level. Some of it is a little dated now, but it'll give you an idea of how the radio payola system works for majors, and not for independent's.

http://www.bombhiphop.com/newbomb/bombpages/linernotes.html

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net

tupac "california love"
mac dre " thizz dance"
e40 "one love"
dubee "my thang"
plane jane "so high"

the kids during the times of those song highlighted did call and request and thats why those songs got played...back then.

its 2011 and a different generation, the majority of the youth today probably would have no clue about the song highlighted (Except for 2pac )

Dec 2, 2006
Really? Please enlighten me Mr knowitall.

And FYI some of my favorite artists have made a career in music with no help from the radio so like I said. "fuck the radio". They ain't fucking with me so I ain't fuckin with them.
It isn't about knowing it all, it is about common sense. That is something lacking overall with underground artists, imo.

There are very few artists that make a career out of music, atleast on the level of say Young Money, don't kid yourself. The opportunities music offers the underground is a whole different ball game though.lol

The Radio isn't fucking with you because your music doesn't appeal to many, you ever think about that one?

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Lol, who listens to the radio?

people aren't forced to like things... they either like it, or they dont.. dont matter how many times its played homie.
Thats grade-a bullshit. Besides the fact those songs would be on the radio regardless if anyone listened because they pay to be there, the shit you like is ingrained into your head from the time youre a baby. The powers that be hand pick everything for your "selection" before you even think about making a choice.