Does Young Money own Big Von & KMEL?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 5, 2002
Shit, when are they not playing a Wayne/Drake/Minaj & co. song? Kinda like how Roc-A-Fella or G-Unit dominated a few years back. Payola is still alive and well. And is it just me or has old ass Von ruined the careers of more than one Bay artist and the landscape in general over the last 12 years? Is it time for him to go?

Feb 15, 2008
Its funny that Von always gets the blame for everything when it come to bay area radio. 1 von is not the program director at the station 2 there are at least 7 stations within 100 miles of kmel that dont play any bay music either get on there line!!!

Aug 17, 2002
Shit, when are they not playing a Wayne/Drake/Minaj & co. song? Kinda like how Roc-A-Fella or G-Unit dominated a few years back. Payola is still alive and well.
it's like that in la too i've heard them run 4 consecutive young money songs it's kinda crazy but that's what they want to force feed us now. these songs are hardly timeless i don't see the point of pushing them. there's definitely an imbalance between just letting songs turn into hit naturally and forcing the shit on to us through continuous playback.

Apr 25, 2002
a radio station in a specific region dont owe shit to an artist in that region.

...most people dont like "underground' music. so why would they cater to that base? that'd be a stupid ass business move to only please a few.

May 22, 2006
wayne gets out the joint n tours with a guard...
wayne starts bangin at 25
wayne gets pimped by baby and kisses him on the lips
nothin real bout any of dat

Feb 8, 2003
well if muhfuckas be original anfd make good music then he will play they shit. bc its about popular demand or sometimes a check & not play music of someone just bc they in your region.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
KMEL has 3 Bay Area songs in its Top 20 Playlist right now, and 2 within the Top 6

last week there was 4 in the Top 20

People dont understand, this is what I was told from Big Von himself, fans who want to hear local music dont understand, they are not there at the station to hear the hundreds of calls every hour for commercial music. They're not going to play what is not requested.

Dec 2, 2006
Blaming another man for your failures is why the game and life passes you by.

Rather than spending that lil chump change on material things, invest in yourself.

The problem in the Bay Area is every artist thinks they are a star before they actually are. It is sort of like the Jamarcus Russell story, minus the payday....

When you think you made it, that is when the work just begins. It isn't talent that takes you places in the real world, although it helps. It is hardwork, something 99.9% of bay area artists know nothing about.

Quit wasting time looking the part and be it. The math is simple....

Big Von is responsible for his success and failures, only!