Does Young Money own Big Von & KMEL?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
that is a good suggestion. what do you think it would take for us to apply that here?

on a sidenote........ we tried to unite independent artists from the 831 in like 2003 but i dont think much came from it. too many chiefs not enough indians. i feel like that was the biggest obstacle.
I think we already have the community here on BART, we need to start by discussing topics like this in a respectful manner. The we can come up with a solution together. I don't think that we are far away from building something productive.

Dec 28, 2009
then use that business mentality to underastand what the "radio" role is in the music industry. you want the game to respect your hustle, but ya'll cant even respect the radios hustle. they aint in business to support you. they aint no government hand out. if radio stations felt obligated to play their local "goods" then we'd have a country full of stations only playing their local artists...and then they'd end up out of business.

if you wanna start a fast food spot, as long as you follow state law and regulation, you have that business to your self to do what you want.
now if you want to buy a franchise, say McDonalds, you buy your own store, but follow McDonalds rules. if you want to compete with money then you need to step out your comfort zone and quit complaining.

the underground and mainstream are two different worlds. your either in one, or the other.
i dont expect nothing from nobody and i will never take any handouts from anyone. the radio is just one of the avenues available for musicians to get heard by the masses. it is not the only avenue.

Apr 25, 2002
u dont need radio to be successful
but being played 50x a day on about 2 or 3 different radio stations sure does help.

@ DUTCH F.E. you are 150% wrong. Without good luck and certain label push most of the shit on the radio wouldn't get played. I can name several artists from north south east & west who have a strong catalog with songs that should've got radio play and got little to no spins. What's SOULJA BOY'S talent? What's FUTURE's talent? What's YCs talent? Why does YO GOTTI, JEEZY, T.I. & DRAKE get on the radio talking about banging smoking & drinking and YUK, DAYTON FAMILY, UGK, KILLA TAY, CBO etc...get treated like they too hard for the radio?

Why is Z RO, SLIM THUG, & LIL KEKE considered legends in the south but never get played on the radio? Talent ain't got shit to do with the radio. BIG SEAN & KANYE "MARVIN & CHARDONAY" song is so corny but gets hella spins. Nigga you wrong!!!

Apr 25, 2002
What's SOULJA BOY'S talent? What's FUTURE's talent? What's YCs talent? Why does YO GOTTI, JEEZY, T.I. & DRAKE get on the radio talking about banging smoking & drinking and YUK, DAYTON FAMILY, UGK, KILLA TAY, CBO etc...get treated like they too hard for the radio?

Why is Z RO, SLIM THUG, & LIL KEKE considered legends in the south but never get played on the radio? Talent ain't got shit to do with the radio. BIG SEAN & KANYE "MARVIN & CHARDONAY" song is so corny but gets hella spins. Nigga you wrong!!!

just cus you love Yuk, DF, UGK, Tay, Bo, Z-Ro, Slim Thug and Lil Keke doesnt mean everybody does. i know thats hard to believe.

if ya'll want to hear your favs on the radio then get in line for your frequency. and then see how long you keep that frequency.

Mar 11, 2011
Slapmaster has got his finger on this pulse of this shit. However, the dude Phreak has a point and it is very simple:
The radio exposes people to music, and people that ain't hella into music and don't burn a ton of shit or maybe they don't have the loot for internet, shows, rasputins or whatever tune into the radio to see whats poppin. The shit they hear on there they like because let's face it, the dudes on the radio got the big budget combination of hella winnin formulas (producers, engineers, execs, bonafide rap stars and $$$).

@radiostaion is exactly right it's about mass appeal - if 1 million northern california music fans between ages 12-25 were asked to create a 20 song list of their favorite songs I bet it would look a lot like the one Phreak posted if we averaged it out.

It ain't a conspiracy folks

Apr 25, 2002
thats why Baby Beesh moved from Vallejo to Texas and why hes at where hes at now. Texas supports their music, him fuckin with SPM made him official out there.

he wasnt gettin paid like he knew he was worth in the bay. simple as that. and Potna Deuce had knocks......

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
If you aint got the money to spend for placement as a indi artist then you need to show tangibles .... prove fan base, likes, views, ...be at all the functions and be in there face... just make sure your music speak high volumes and its what THEY want. These people like von notice hard work and good music...you just got to find the sequence on how to present it right with proof that you are who your selling your self to be.... and once you get that chance you better capitalize on it asap with the right game plan.