CRABTREE SITTING OUT! RE-ENTER DRAFT!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
It's not in that article. I'm too lazy to dig up the link from 49erswebzone.com, but the Niners are said to have issued a warning letter to Crabtree stating that his offer will be reduced if he doesn't sign soon. That was before Singletary confirmed that they are considering modifying the offer this morning at his press conference. In fact, that was the whole reason the contract "modifying" was brought up at the press conference in the first place. It's a threat to Crabtree.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=129694

There were also a couple links to outside sites but the Crabtree discussion thread is well over 200 pages and I'm not gonna go thru it all to find them. Sorry.

Dec 29, 2008
i think crabtree is pretty foolish. i think the amount he wanted was just a couple mil beyond what he was offered. does that fool even want to play football?

Apr 25, 2002
if he was that dope why wasn't he picked by the 8 other teams with top 10 picks? how come none of the 14 other teams traded up to get him?
1. Teams might have had other priorities. Leading up to the draft, the only team before us that NEEDED a WR as much or more than any other position was the raiders.

2. Teams are stingy with picks. It's unlikely to see a trade into the top 10 to pick a receiver.

Do I really need to explain this stuff? There is a reason Crabtree was considered the best WR in the draft by EVERYONE. It's easy to look back and say that other teams "saw something" now that he's acting like a little bitch, but we both know that's unlikely.

He was considered a top 3 talent, many considered him the best talent in the entire draft. So, he was indeed "that dope."

Jul 25, 2007
While I’ve certainly pummeled the Yorks over the years for doing things on the cheap, I don’t believe that’s what happening here. The Niners’ standing offer to the receiver, which includes $16 million in guaranteed cash, is entirely fair given the spot where he was drafted. A team source says the 49ers are willing to give Crabtree incentives that push the deal “up to a dollar less” than the package the Packers gave ninth overall pick B.J. Raji(notes) (a reported five-year, $28.5 million pact with just under $18 million in guaranteed money), “but we won’t go over that. Otherwise, we’re going to have the same problem next year, and the year after that …” Team president Jed York, general manager Scot McCloughan and Singletary are uniformly supportive of holding the line, even if it means losing out on Crabtree altogether.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-morningrush091409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

May 2, 2002
Yeah...I took modify as cave in by the Niners cause it said it would cost the team some leverage...and that it would work in Crab's favor.

But I'm not really following all of this that closely...just what you guys mention here.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
1. Teams might have had other priorities. Leading up to the draft, the only team before us that NEEDED a WR as much or more than any other position was the raiders.

2. Teams are stingy with picks. It's unlikely to see a trade into the top 10 to pick a receiver.

Do I really need to explain this stuff? There is a reason Crabtree was considered the best WR in the draft by EVERYONE. It's easy to look back and say that other teams "saw something" now that he's acting like a little bitch, but we both know that's unlikely.

He was considered a top 3 talent, many considered him the best talent in the entire draft. So, he was indeed "that dope."
I agree with Defy man. If Crabtree was that deep, he wouldn't have slipped to 10. If he was top 3 talent, he would have been picked top 3 and paid like top 3 or a team would have traded up to get him.

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah...I took modify as cave in by the Niners cause it said it would cost the team some leverage...
That's exactly why I was questioning the article's reasoning. I don't think the writer knew that the Niners had threatened to reduce the offer and that's why the situation was brought up during Mike Singletary's press conference to begin with.

Apr 25, 2002
I agree with Defy man. If Crabtree was that deep, he wouldn't have slipped to 10. If he was top 3 talent, he would have been picked top 3 and paid like top 3.
It is what it is, man. That's all I read from pretty much everyone leading up to the draft. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought he would slip to us at 10. Go back and read some of the things about him leading up to the draft. You'll see what I mean.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I know what you mean but I think some of the negatives had something to do with him dropping. I mean he didn't work out at the combine and he was a product of the spread system. Not to take anything away from Crabtree because obviously he's talented but there were other question marks besides his diva attitude.

But if I was the 49ers, I would pull the offer off of the table and let him re-enter the draft. Your team don't even need this dude.... Vernon Davis is stepping up and becoming the tight end the 49ers need, Bruce still can run routes (you see he caught a 51 yard pass getting open off of that double move), Morgan gets open, Battle still comes up with clutch catches. There really isn't a pressing need for Crabtree at this point. The mf don't even got a copy of the playbook.

Feb 8, 2006
Crabtree can't be that dumb to re-enter draft, if it's about money then this is not going to help.

This fuck has wasted time and a 1st round pick.

As a Niner fan it's not a suprise we've had god awful drafts for some time now. Ryan leaf #2 (alex smith), vernon davis, and now this fuck.

raiders i feel your pain i feel your pain. we both have idiots running the teams.

but hey we have idiots running the country too

Dec 4, 2006
Vernon Davis is stepping up and becoming the tight end the 49ers need, Bruce still can run routes (you see he caught a 51 yard pass getting open off of that double move), Morgan gets open, Battle still comes up with clutch catches.
Davis is not a WR....he's a TE..........

Bruce is almost ready to retire from the NFL...

Morgan ain't going nowhere.....the 49ers need to fill in that spot (once bruce is gone) in order to have a full pass game going in the upcoming seasons..

Jul 25, 2007
Vernon Davis is going to break out this season.

Crabtree just left the Bay Area. So basically its a wrap. Cant wait for next years draft.

May 9, 2002
Vernon Davis is going to break out this season.

Crabtree just left the Bay Area. So basically its a wrap. Cant wait for next years draft.
I mean....he NEEDS to in order for this 9er team to establish some offensive fear in other teams BESIDES Gore, who was completely shut down yesterday. They can only win so many games if they play lilke that again this year.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Yeah Vernon looked good against Prevent defense last night (lol). I think he only had one dropped pass. Josh Morgan looked somewhat decent as well. Crabtree would've been a nice addition, but I'm glad the niners didn't give in to his bitch ass.