bruce bowen's dirty ass tryin to kick amare

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
ArGenTin3 said:
how does it make sense to you?

so you are tellin me tha spurs dont' foul anybody like tha rest of tha league does? its just tha spurs "play good d"? throw in tha fact that they flop more than any team i've seen play this season and tha last few seasons. yet they have tha least amount of defensive fouls called on em? im sorry but their defense isnt that good to not have shit for fouls called against em.
C'mon man, it's basic logic.

If you're good on defense, a by-product of that may be less fouls, lower score, opposing team FG%, etc...
If you're good on offense, a by-product of that is more points, more FGs, more FT attempts, etc...

If we were talking about any other team that isn't considered to be "dirty" or to be "floppers", there's no controversy. I'm not taking any sides, I can't stand watching the Spurs because they're boring (unless Finley got his J goin).

It's simple common sense, UNLESS you believe that somehow the refs and the league hold the Spurs to a different standard. If that's the case, then SAY THAT; otherwise, you're not really making a point.

ArGenTin3 said:
what tha hell does that question have to do with a teams lack of fouls called against them, yet they supposedly have tha best defense in tha league?
Players who are 6-10 or taller made up the top 5 in the overall FG% category.

Taller players play closer to the basket, get easier shots, etc...

Simple logic.

If you're shooting the majority of your shots from 2-5 feet from the basket, you're going to shoot a better percentage than if you were to be shooting 15-23 feet from the basket.

If you actually play good D, you may not be committing as many fouls as everybody else.

ArGenTin3 said:
there really isnt any use of tryin to argue a point with you, you still believe kobe isnt a dirty player either...its funny a few weeks after he clobbered Gino he clobbers Korver with tha same kinda bullshit tactic. lemme guess that was just his natural follow through also huh? or was it just "basketball"?
Who's arguing?? You mad or somethin? lol

If you're going to compare anything, compare Kobe hittin Manu & Marko Jaric. The Korver thing was something completely different.

Mar 24, 2006
nawh...nowhere near mad homie...lol

i hate tha spurs with a passion cuz they are so bland is all and everyone jocks them cuz they supposedly play so perfectly when they dont! I've been watchin atleast 20 games a year from them tha last 5 years or so and i see alot of bullshit they get away with is all.

the logic part aint flyin' homie...if your supposedly so great on defense you're gonna draw some contact here n there which they do but dont get called for. only thing i see from them is they play some pretty good "team" defense but tha 1 on 1 situations there is alot of shit not gettin called for some reason. like i said i watch alot of them boring ass dudes games...even my homie tha huge spurs fan acknowledges they get away with alot of shit...and hes' tha most stubborn dude i fuckin know...lol

on tha kobe situation....yeah you right tha korver deal was totally different...still dont change tha fact that hes a dirty fuckin player just like bowen though....lol

May 10, 2002
ArGenTin3 said:
the logic part aint flyin' homie...
Of course it is.

30 teams -

Someone has to have the MOST defensive fouls called on them

Someone has to have the LEAST defensive fouls called on them

Say it was Houston that:

a) Was considered to be the top defensive team in the league
b) From a statistical standpoint committed the least amount of defensive fouls in the league

Would logic fly then?

May 27, 2002
www.google.com
ArGenTin3 said:
true...but do you actually pay attention to how tha spurs play on defense? really? pay close attention this next game, you will see alot of crap not gettin called that you would see in lets say tha detroit/chicago game...and they both have great defenses too.

did you ever think that tha fouls they dont' get called on them are tha main reason they have such a good defense? very possible...i just dont buy it that every one of their players are A+ defenders, I see Bowen, Duncan, Gino, Parker etc. etc. get beat off tha dribble alot I see em get backed down alot too, only thing i see that makes their defense so good is tha turnover factor because they harrass tha other team so much.

my homie is a HUGE spurs fan, i've watched i dont know how many of their games tha last 5+ years since hes gotten tha nba ticket or whatever tha shits called and I always see them get away with bullshit.

It's hard to pay attention to a game when one falls asleep watching it five minutes into it. Every player will get beat off the dribble at one time or another or make a bad defensive mistake. However, a really good defender knows the line between agrressive defense and a foul. And maybe the Spurs get away with a little more because they have proven themselves to be a good defensive team, or maybe they just know the line real well. Maybe they don't get away with more stuff and you are just biased against them. But like I said earlier, fouls are committed when you lose your man and you need to A. catch up to him B. stop an easy basket. So if a team plays good defense there is no reason for the other team to be getting easy basket. That means there is no reason to foul, and therefore the Spurs are the best defensive and commit the fewest fouls.

Mar 24, 2006
LaKeRzz8 said:
It's hard to pay attention to a game when one falls asleep watching it five minutes into it. Every player will get beat off the dribble at one time or another or make a bad defensive mistake. However, a really good defender knows the line between agrressive defense and a foul. And maybe the Spurs get away with a little more because they have proven themselves to be a good defensive team, or maybe they just know the line real well. Maybe they don't get away with more stuff and you are just biased against them. But like I said earlier, fouls are committed when you lose your man and you need to A. catch up to him B. stop an easy basket. So if a team plays good defense there is no reason for the other team to be getting easy basket. That means there is no reason to foul, and therefore the Spurs are the best defensive and commit the fewest fouls.
i think they just know what they can get away with and go from there, they are a smart team like that...still doesnt mean they dont fuckin foul though...understand where i am comin from here?

if you are gonna play that good of defense you are gonna come in contact with tha player you are trying to defend and reach in and what not slap em on tha arms or whatever, there is no way you are gonna completely stop em time in and time out and not touch em at all is all im sayin...the lame ass spurs are not perfect..no team is...i just dont understand why they dont get as many calls called on em and have tha socalled best defense is all.

and yes....watching tha spurs is god awful...lol

May 27, 2002
www.google.com
ArGenTin3 said:
i think they just know what they can get away with and go from there, they are a smart team like that...still doesnt mean they dont fuckin foul though...understand where i am comin from here?

if you are gonna play that good of defense you are gonna come in contact with tha player you are trying to defend and reach in and what not slap em on tha arms or whatever, there is no way you are gonna completely stop em time in and time out and not touch em at all is all im sayin...the lame ass spurs are not perfect..no team is...i just dont understand why they dont get as many calls called on em and have tha socalled best defense is all.

and yes....watching tha spurs is god awful...lol
Of course they aren't perfect. That's why they still commit fouls. It's not like they average 0 fouls per game. They still commit them, just fewer than other teams. And a good defender might be able to get the ball more often then the hand of the offensive player. I see your point, and I hope you see mine, but this argument can go on for days.

May 10, 2002
LaKeRzz8 said:
Of course they aren't perfect. That's why they still commit fouls. It's not like they average 0 fouls per game. They still commit them, just fewer than other teams. And a good defender might be able to get the ball more often then the hand of the offensive player. I see your point, and I hope you see mine, but this argument can go on for days.
You guys act like there's no such thing as TEAM defense and defensive rotation, lol

Defense isn't just one on one, getting beat off the dribble, then reaching in and getting a steal or a foul.

It's a TEAM effort. You gotta know where the ball is at all times, know when to come over and help, recognize when (and how) to double, recognize when to switch (then when to switch back), "do I go behind (under) the screen or do I fight over the top?", etc...

That's why you have 5 guys on the team

Apr 7, 2007
MrPeete said:
You guys act like there's no such thing as TEAM defense and defensive rotation, lol

Defense isn't just one on one, getting beat off the dribble, then reaching in and getting a steal or a foul.

It's a TEAM effort. You gotta know where the ball is at all times, know when to come over and help, recognize when (and how) to double, recognize when to switch (then when to switch back), "do I go behind (under) the screen or do I fight over the top?", etc...

That's why you have 5 guys on the team
^ Smartest thing anyone on this thread has ever said you must've played ball b4?

Nov 16, 2004
HiT-2-TiMeS said:
Im all in favor of being a tough player and very physical. But kicking someone in the foot while they are trying to dunk is straight up bitch.
Agreed. Moves like that will get your head stomped the fuck out outside of a regulated game. Bruce Bowen is dirty as fuck, he's known to do it and he KEEPS doing it. History speaks for itself, he's probably injured more players than any other by using his feet to get in position of an opponent's landing space. You don't kick someone's achilles when he goes for the dunk and clearly beat, that shit is ILL-INTENT so he can land awkwardly. There was absolutely no need for him to kick his feet in like that, he's a bitch. I'm surprised more players haven't gone after his ass like Vince and Francis have.