Black Friday

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 18, 2010
I'm looking at a Phillips TV

I think shit is the same just less QC. But shit I got one smaller RCA and so do two of my sisters and they been kicking for 3 years. Too bad you can never find the remote codes for RCA. I remember I found one working one on a single RCA TV after trying like 50, it was an LG code hahaha

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
bose >

and also black friday will sell a tv for $100 but its some piece of shit brand
its better to pay more and get a good brand product that u have done research on
i bought my first 50" flat screen almost 10 years ago and its still working perfect . i know people thats ran thru hella cheap ass vizios and dynex's and other cheap brands. my boy gets a new tv almost every 2 years cuz they always fuck up.

u get what u pay for.

black friday is good for stuff like blurays or dvd boxed sets

yukmouth has a vizio lol
Lmao at yukmouth rocking a vizio!

I tell people all the time the same thing. Fuck vizio, fuck proscan, fuck Coby. Spend a little more and it will last for ever. If anyone wants advice on elecronics brands and such feel free to ask me. I've been selling and installing mid to high end electronics for over 10 years. Also Bose is aight, but they're expensive for what they are. they spend insane amounts of advertising and hyping themselves up. You'll notice if you go to an electronics store they will never have a bose set up next to anything else. They don't want you to really compare their stuff to other brands. It's not bad stuff, just expensive for what you get. their warranty and customer service is super good tho

Jan 5, 2006
Vizio is a top 5 rated TV brand.

Samsung makes Vizio's displays, so basically a Vizio is a Samsung with a different shell.

I currently have 2 Samsungs and a Toshiba, but definitely wouldn't hesitate to buy a Vizio in the future.
Where you hear this from? If that were even true I doubt Samsung uses their top of the line shit for Vizio, their rival. I know for a fact that Samsung USED to make Apple's screens but not anymore.

You get what you pay for with TV's. Stay away from Seiki and all those other brands. I got a Samsung and that shit is incredibly sharp and beautiful image. I also got a Toshiba, not as great tho. From now on if I can't afford the TV I want i'll just keep saving. Fuck settling for less.

Jun 5, 2004
Vizios are the shit... Theres a reason theyre popular and its not just the price, there are plenty of brands out there that are cheaper than vizio is. If u want the same thing as a more expensive tv thats going to last just as long then get a vizio... (Now if u got 4 racks to waste and u watch tv 24hrs a day and have 20/10 vision and u want a huge tv then if its truely that important then get a sharp, those are fucking amazing, but not for the average person). Payin more for a brand that performs the same i just dont see the point

Idk its just dumb when people do certian shit like people go all out on an expensive brand when theyre getting a 32" or smaller... Paying so much more for a tv thats 720p not even full hd anyways lol... And then theyll buy $80 hdmi cables for their 720p tv lol

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Where you hear this from? If that were even true I doubt Samsung uses their top of the line shit for Vizio, their rival. I know for a fact that Samsung USED to make Apple's screens but not anymore.

You get what you pay for with TV's. Stay away from Seiki and all those other brands. I got a Samsung and that shit is incredibly sharp and beautiful image. I also got a Toshiba, not as great tho. From now on if I can't afford the TV I want i'll just keep saving. Fuck settling for less.
I should have worded it differently, Vizio buys Samsung displays from a third party distributor. I still remember a couple years ago when I bought my last TV the Vizio's on display at the store actually had stickers on them that said "1080P Samsung Display". I was like "wtf" lol that's what made me look in to it years ago.

Kind of like how you open up a Sony Playstation 3 and see a Toshiba hard drive in it even though Sony and Toshiba are big rivals in the electronics world. Sony don't make hard drives so they buy them from a third party.

That's kind of why I like Vizio, at least they don't buy bullshit. Their TV's actually look great and they're affordable. Probably why they've been the number 1 TV seller in the US for a few years now.

I'll probably still stick with Samsung though for my next TV lol