Black Friday

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 5, 2004
The best headphones ive ever had were from Ross ten plus years ago, i remember slappin the new 3-6 when the smoke clears with these jvc headphones (i think they were jvc) they were gold colored bigger ones the kind with hella padding...they were so dope back in the day cuz they sounded like u were sitting in a car with like 4 15's, even on the low, low bass notes theyd just be on humm they had this crazy ass bass. I remember everybody listening to the headphones and saying they kina fucked with their mind lol because while u listen, your brain automatically expects there to be a vibration in your seat or your foot like u would in a car with slap. That 3-6 album sounded hella clean on those they were clear too reall good sound quality

They were like 18 dollars

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
So since I don't know too much about electronics I ask... Is their a big difference between 60hz vs 120hz?
Only in smoothing out motion for the most part. However, your tv's refresh rate is only as good as the device you are receiving feed from. If your Blu-Ray player or gaming console feed is only 60 frames per second, then no. If your device can feed images at 120 frames per second, then a 120Hz picture is twice as good as a 60Hz as the refresh rate of image is twice as fast. Personally the shit makes no difference to me. I don't tend to geek out over consumer electronics, even though I have an electronics engineering degree and have worked in the industry in some form for 13 years, the elitists own the companies, middle class and poor just making the rich richer.

Last edited:
May 5, 2006
This shit is a gimmick. I've been wanting to buy a LG 27 inch ips monitor (27ea63v-p), but instead of its price dropping, it keeps rising!!!

Like around August or September, it was on sale for $249 at best buy, but I didnt buy it like a dumbass. On black Friday it finally went back on sale again but for $299. Early this morning when I was about to finally purchase this damn monitor, it was priced at its regular price for $379. Wtf is going on here?

I can get it from b&h, but itll like 3 weeks to ship.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
so u guys are saying the good tvs are either sony & samsung?!...and basically stay away from vizio and maybe lg?..i agree its more about finding the tv that u personally want instead of buying sum random cheap shit!..i have a 47' sony bravia now ,60 hrtz (2010-11 model) and the hd pic quality is clean!...i was thinking of getting another 40 inch sony bravia 60htz 2013 model for $450(black friday sale price)..but they also have the lgs and vizios for less money but larger 42' inch!..cant decide what to get this time around..never had a samsung but i hear mixed reviews about them...and vizios also,reviews say they are unpredictable and mess up often and the pic quality isnt up to par!....so im thinking of staying with the sony cuz they seem to be hella clean, and good work horses in the long run!...i also had a jvc 32' inch 720p 60 htz back in 2006 from circuit city($750 tv),..just sold it the other day,and the shit was still going strong after 7 years!...

fuck,decisions man, i tell you!

Last edited:
May 4, 2002
I bought a 32" sony briva last year. PQ sucked I returned it the next day.

You gotta remember when buying a tv, the settings out of the box are not top notch "PQ". Would I every buy a sanyo/element/ cheap brand for my living room tv, no.

alot of people dont research tvs and just buy them bc of the price, then get stuck with a piece of shit tv.

My best advice research/find out the proper calibrations and if you are actually.able to get the right PQ.

Jun 5, 2004
Only in smoothing out motion for the most part. However, your tv's refresh rate is only as good as the device you are receiving feed from. If your Blu-Ray player or gaming console feed is only 60 frames per second, then no. If your device can feed images at 120 frames per second, then a 120Hz picture is twice as good as a 60Hz as the refresh rate of image is twice as fast. Personally the shit makes no difference to me. I don't tend to geek out over consumer electronics, even though I have an electronics engineering degree and have worked in the industry in some form for 13 years, the elitists own the companies, middle class and poor just making the rich richer.
Idk if the difference between 120 and 240 is even going to be that noticable on most setups, but the dif between 60 and 120up is, on my dads 60 hz sony you can actually see it get a lil wierd with fast motion sequences, it looks kinda like when a online video chat lags, not as noticably bad as that but kindof similar.

I think ill be happy with my 120 hz led for a while, im not impressed with any of the new features theyve added to tvs since leds came out... I dont need wi-fi, i dont need some dumb ass 3d goggles, and i dont need my tv to be smart

Jun 5, 2004
Anyways i got an idea, im gonna invent a website called screwyou,com... Ima sell all kinds of factory-spec replacement screws for the original tv stands(for if you decide to take a tv off the wall mount), screws for car amps, wierd shaped screws, all dat ish.

...Personally i think at least every american product should have to use regular screws that u can just buy at ace hardware to replace. Cuz the companies do that shit on purpose, the want u to lose screws n parts and they dont even sell replacements, so u have to buy new shit.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
This shit is a gimmick. I've been wanting to buy a LG 27 inch ips monitor (27ea63v-p), but instead of its price dropping, it keeps rising!!!

Like around August or September, it was on sale for $249 at best buy, but I didnt buy it like a dumbass. On black Friday it finally went back on sale again but for $299. Early this morning when I was about to finally purchase this damn monitor, it was priced at its regular price for $379. Wtf is going on here?

I can get it from b&h, but itll like 3 weeks to ship.
I was reading about this a couple weeks ago. There was some firm that did a study on this and it was found that the profit margin for most retailers doesn't change, virtually all year. Their profit margin is the same on June 2nd and it is on black Friday. That is because they start to slowly raise the price on certain things leading up to black Friday, then discount it back to it's original price in a lot of cases. There are very few exceptions to this, like that 50" tv at Target, but they make it up everywhere else damn near. I bought 2 bike helmets for my kids at Toys R Us, they were $30 each. Went to Walmart, the same ones were $16 each. I took the other ones back to Toys R Us. I almost got took for damn near double the price at Toys R Us. I bet if I watched the prices on those, they probably slowly went up before black Friday.

Jan 5, 2006
The best headphones ive ever had were from Ross ten plus years ago, i remember slappin the new 3-6 when the smoke clears with these jvc headphones (i think they were jvc) they were gold colored bigger ones the kind with hella padding...they were so dope back in the day cuz they sounded like u were sitting in a car with like 4 15's, even on the low, low bass notes theyd just be on humm they had this crazy ass bass. I remember everybody listening to the headphones and saying they kina fucked with their mind lol because while u listen, your brain automatically expects there to be a vibration in your seat or your foot like u would in a car with slap. That 3-6 album sounded hella clean on those they were clear too reall good sound quality

They were like 18 dollars
I like shit like that, hella underrated.

My best headphones were vmodas I got for like $20, crisp ass bass and treble.

My next best set was some Sony MDR 7506 monitor cans, I like those the best because what you hear is what you get. If a song sounds shitty it's not the headphones, it's the song.

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
Good to see some realize how bad Beats by Dr. Dre are. The headphones and Beats pill are all junk and over priced. If you actually go into a store and compare and listen to that pill vs another speaker like the Bose sound link mini it will make you say Fuck beats.
yeah… that beats pill is a fuckin' mess

the headphones are alright, but there are better options out there

::

Jun 5, 2004
I was reading about this a couple weeks ago. There was some firm that did a study on this and it was found that the profit margin for most retailers doesn't change, virtually all year. Their profit margin is the same on June 2nd and it is on black Friday. That is because they start to slowly raise the price on certain things leading up to black Friday, then discount it back to it's original price in a lot of cases. There are very few exceptions to this, like that 50" tv at Target, but they make it up everywhere else damn near. I bought 2 bike helmets for my kids at Toys R Us, they were $30 each. Went to Walmart, the same ones were $16 each. I took the other ones back to Toys R Us. I almost got took for damn near double the price at Toys R Us. I bet if I watched the prices on those, they probably slowly went up before black Friday.
The worst is at the jewelry stands at the mall... Every piece of jewelry is always "50% off" year round... What they dont tell u is that they markup the price to some bogus number. Theyll take a hundred dollar ring, mark it up magically to 200 and put a 50% off sticker on it so it ends up the same price

Not to mention they sell real stuff also, but they will lie and say the fake ones are real. When theyre selling u a chain and u ask if its real, theyll look at it and say "yea, its .925 itallian silver". And thats true, the clasps with "925italy" are real sterling silver, but they attach the real clasps to a silver-plated chain and rip people off