All-Pro Football 2K8.... FUCK MADDEN!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

Masked Lemon said:
Not at all, I'll be playing the superior football game tomorrow, while you wait another month to play shitty ass Madden.
does it really come out tomm or were you just sayin that?

Im gonna play Madden regardless just cause its Madden and if 2k is better, Imma play both, it wont keep me from playin Madden.

Jan 18, 2006
the only way ill buy ncaa is if my school is in it (N. Colorado) we were in the basketball one, and we are D1 now, plus we were on sportscenter when our punter got stabbed by our other punter

May 9, 2002
I dont know if that review helped or hurt your argument.

I think the main point of all this is that without a liscence, its pretty shallow. As the second opinion states, tehre is no draft, no free agents, and when you win, it feels somewhat unrewarding. My favorite parts of Madden and NCAA, are the OFF season shit...you dont get that with this game.

However, people may like it for head-to-head competitions with your boys...nothing like having Joe Montana and Johnny Unitus on the field together going mano e mano.

Madden really monopolized football gaming by acquiring those liscences, and it shows. The general populs WANTS up to date rosters with players they KNOW and WATCH every week in the Fall/winter...most 15 year olds could give a shit about Gale Sayers...sad as that may be.

Madden will ALWAYS outsell 2K football games BECAUSE of this reason.

May 9, 2002
Masked Lemon said:
We won't know for sure until Madden is out... I'm expecting similar scores for Madden, no way it does better than an 8.5, I would bet.
It wont make a difference to the Madden fanboys..they will buy it REGARDLESS...and others will buy it BECAUSE its "authentic" to the NFL...this is what im getting at. I bet you Madden scored a 7 AT BEST, and will STILL inhiliate 2k8. Brainwashed is brainwashed, and people like to buy what they KNOW.

Aug 7, 2003
damn, madden bashers.

anyways if your a fan of football and you got your favorite team and players and want to play them in a video game you have to buy madden.

i cant play with the 49ers in all pro football 2k8. i cant run with frank gore, cant catch touchdowns with vernon davis. cant have a franchise mode etc.

its appeals to gamers today becuase madden has almost everything people want from a football game. all pro football appeals to people who hate on madden. or are a lot older and remember lots of the retired players in the game.

anyways ill be gettin madden and not all pro football.

and madden doesnt usually get high scores becuase its core gameplay is the same as previous versions and they just build upon that with new features, motion-captured moves, franchise, etc.

rarely do yearly sports games get over 8.5

Aug 14, 2003
IN THE PAST FEW RELEASES, 2K HAS BEEN KILLING MADDEN (ESPECIALLY WITH THE ONE WITH T.O. ON THE COVER). MADDEN ON 360 IS CRAP, TIGHT ON PS2. 2K8 DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT WILL FARE WELL.

May 9, 2002
hella_numb said:
damn, madden bashers.

anyways if your a fan of football and you got your favorite team and players and want to play them in a video game you have to buy madden.

i cant play with the 49ers in all pro football 2k8. i cant run with frank gore, cant catch touchdowns with vernon davis. cant have a franchise mode etc.

its appeals to gamers today becuase madden has almost everything people want from a football game. all pro football appeals to people who hate on madden. or are a lot older and remember lots of the retired players in the game.

anyways ill be gettin madden and not all pro football.

and madden doesnt usually get high scores becuase its core gameplay is the same as previous versions and they just build upon that with new features, motion-captured moves, franchise, etc.

rarely do yearly sports games get over 8.5
Exactly.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
Got APF today.... Oh My God, I hadn't realized how much I had missed 2K football until the first game I played. The animation in this game is unreal, everything is so fluid and lifelike. The graphics.... ehh, not so great, but the faces of the players look pretty good. I'm sure that they will greatly improve the graphics in the next version.

It took a while for me to decide on my team, which is a good thing, the legends are very evenly spread out. I picked Marcus Allen as my Gold HB, and now I kinda wish I had picked someone with more speed, instead of all power like Allen...

They have my home town as a city, not San Francisco, but San Rafael. Makes sense, as that is where Visual Concepts is based, but it just warms my heart that they included that.

The presentation is really nice, not as much in between plays stuff as 2K5, but I really like the Field Pass thing, adds a lot to the game.

My score as of right now is a 9, the only weaknesses are the graphics, and the Rush song they use a little too much.