All-Pro Football 2K8.... FUCK MADDEN!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
You're missing gameplay Likwid. Kinda the most important thing in a game... Graphics do not mean shit in the long run. My favorite football game of all time is Tecmo Super Bowl, and that game has horrible fucking graphics.

Madden 08 isn't even released yet, can't compare it to APF or NCAA until I play it. I personally like APF better than NCAA. Many people do. Most casual players, like those of you that post here, are more into NCAA and Madden.

NBA Live outsells 2k by like a 4 to 1 ratio, but can you honestly say that Live is a better game? Sales do not mean a game is good.

It's not a conspiracy, it's not the world against 2k. It's close minded Madden fans that can't grasp the concept that some people like other games more than their holy Madden.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Masked Lemon said:
You're missing gameplay Likwid. Kinda the most important thing in a game... Graphics do not mean shit in the long run. My favorite football game of all time is Tecmo Super Bowl, and that game has horrible fucking graphics.

Madden 08 isn't even released yet, can't compare it to APF or NCAA until I play it. I personally like APF better than NCAA. Many people do. Most casual players, like those of you that post here, are more into NCAA and Madden.

NBA Live outsells 2k by like a 4 to 1 ratio, but can you honestly say that Live is a better game? Sales do not mean a game is good.

It's not a conspiracy, it's not the world against 2k. It's close minded Madden fans that can't grasp the concept that some people like other games more than their holy Madden.
No it's closed minded 2k fans that can't grasp the concept that people like Madden more than their half assed version of a football game. The game play on Madden is tight, you're trippin' if you think otherwise.

Jan 2, 2004
Masked Lemon said:
Every rating I have seen for APF and NCAA 08 have all recieved the exact same rating, an 8 out of 10.

Game Informer gave both games an 8, Official Xbox Magazine gave both games an 8. IGN gave both games an 8... see the pattern there? If Madden gets higher than an 8, I'll be surprised.
IGN
APF2K8: 7.6
NCAA 08: 8.3

Gamespot
APF2K8: 7.5
NCAA 08: 8.0

1Up.com
APF2K8: 6.5
NCAA 08: 8.5

GI
APF2K8: 8
NCAA 08: 8

XBox Mag

Gamer 2.0
APF2K8: 7.3

GameAlmighty
APF2K8: 6.1

The average ranking for NCAA is for the most part higher than All-Pro Football.. and don't even say that they are on EAs nuts.. Because they gave 2K higher ratings in basketball. I'm not sure about hockey since I don't play it. And baseball doesn't have an EA game. The average critic ranking for 2K7 baseball is 7.9, while The Show got 7.8.

So, it's not a hating 2K thing. Its the fact that All-Pro was dissapointing for a lot of people. The only ones who seem to be liking it, are complete 2K fanboys.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
Likwid said:
No it's closed minded 2k fans that can't grasp the concept that people like Madden more than their half assed version of a football game. The game play on Madden is tight, you're trippin' if you think otherwise.

Scrambling 10-15 yards in the backfield, and throwing a 60-70 yard pass while running, to the opposite side of the field, no gang tackling, and a horrible running game are not tight to me. Playing against people online that go for it every single 4th down, kick onside kicks when they are ahead in points, and yell and scream like they are mentally retarded is not tight to me. Winning games with only using 2 plays the entire game is not tight to me. Madden has some serious flaws, you're trippin' if you think otherwise.

Jan 2, 2004
Masked Lemon said:
Scrambling 10-15 yards in the backfield, and throwing a 60-70 yard pass while running, to the opposite side of the field, no gang tackling, and a horrible running game are not tight to me. Playing against people online that go for it every single 4th down, kick onside kicks when they are ahead in points, and yell and scream like they are mentally retarded is not tight to me. Winning games with only using 2 plays the entire game is not tight to me. Madden has some serious flaws, you're trippin' if you think otherwise.
Gang tackles are in the new college game like crazy. You'd realize that if you played it.. Most of the tackles while running now are gang tackles.. The running game is also very good... I don't see whats wrong with running in College?

The running and throwing thing is a problem. Especially throwing to the oppposite side of the field.. But defensive AI has been improved dramatically and deep bombs hardly work anymore, and now, that'll probably result in an interception of tipped pass. Also if you throw while running, the accuracy is way off, and there is a need to stop. The only time I'd ever throw while running is if I was being rushed in the pocket or in a PA rollout.

With the two plays thing, Defensive AI has improved a lot this year. I'm not sure if you can still win only using two plays, though, since I don't play that way.

And the online complaints, is more to do with the people, than anything else. I didn't think it was possibly to kick onside kicks while in the lead because of the fairplay rules. If the yelling and screaming bugs you so much, don't use a headset. If 2K8 was a popular game, it'd suffer from that too, but since hardly anybody plays it, you don't have to worry about it much.

Nov 10, 2006
Robby2Slobby said:
IGN
APF2K8: 7.6
NCAA 08: 8.3

Gamespot
APF2K8: 7.5

1Up.com
APF2K8: 6.5
NCAA 08: 8.5

GI

XBox Mag

Gamer 2.0
APF2K8: 7.3

GameAlmighty
APF2K8: 6.1

The average ranking for NCAA is for the most part higher than All-Pro Football.. and don't even say that they are on EAs nuts.. Because they gave 2K higher ratings in basketball. I'm not sure about hockey since I don't play it. And baseball doesn't have an EA game. The average critic ranking for 2K7 baseball is 7.9, while The Show got 7.8.

So, it's not a hating 2K thing. Its the fact that All-Pro was dissapointing for a lot of people. The only ones who seem to be liking it, are complete 2K fanboys.
thanks, that alone disproves anything that can be said good about this game. ive played it with maybe 10-15 ppl who all thought it was just a shitty game. and how about the fact theres NOBODY online? that just screams out a game sucks. ncaa straight owns APF in every single aspect imaginable. maybe next year itll be better...

Nov 10, 2006
Masked Lemon said:
haha, did you even play madden online? they disabled onside kicks anywhere not within the last 2 minutes of the game. also, they made it impossible to go for it on 4th down.

being a fucking idiot is not tight to me either. so stop it. you're dumbass opinions have serious flaws and you're trippin if you think otherwise. church.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
tru_overdose said:
haha, did you even play madden online? they disabled onside kicks anywhere not within the last 2 minutes of the game. also, they made it impossible to go for it on 4th down.

being a fucking idiot is not tight to me either. so stop it. you're dumbass opinions have serious flaws and you're trippin if you think otherwise. church.
Have you played Madden online on the 360? There's no fair play options available. Seriously, if all you play is the PS2 or xbox version, you have no room to talk here. You show me where the fair play options are on MAdden 06 or 07 for the 360, since you are so sure they are there. APF doesn't have them either, but you don't need them, APF players don't typically play like that, and there is a prety good rating system after you play someone online, so you can avoid people that do.

There were about 5,000 people playing online yesterday, not great, but still easy enough to find a game.

Nov 10, 2006
i dont have a 360, i have a ps3. and they have those fair play options. its not my fault the 360 dont have them...maybe its time to trade in instead of bitching?

also, there was a total of 17 players online on ps3 last night. resistance averages about 15000. the game sucks. end of story.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
Texas Tech- dX3FTGRMsqEJWiCzNcQPvFdcP3wCnxwWFZqmSDzcFKe-34mrKVYCec9uyghhnMLUezc
Texas- AUqRPeVDWmxbfyKCFJzBcq266igoTGffmZ2yHybxfrDYg-GxRrfsgsbm5dfBGRiwdrc
Oklahoma State- TbHtca4YuETFMdLYfTK6cdTYCeJRxRixMrWMcZEYUdtu-TBNwfXQ2UL3PnsHupkfP2c
USC- yqUBqcrBnM2CfqbdmUJHY9iVuph2LqLc5eG6ptzXeGydqk-PHDajLDm5nwHCMWsgZqc
OU- T2sQuyuqHWYRkxfxBi6ukhcpvqZxbm9LWnRxa6zogKrh-GkT2DcaxUUYMcjv8kxFWVc

Texas Tech/Texas

USC/Notre Dame

Oklahoma State/OU