All-Pro Football 2K8.... FUCK MADDEN!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/allprofootball2k8/index.html?q=all pro football 2k8

2K returns to gridiron
Visual Concepts bringing football back with All-Pro Football 2K8 for 2K Sports; game set to hit next-generation systems this summer.
By Tim Surette, GameSpot
Posted Jan 30, 2007 5:58 pm PT

For NFL 2K Football fans, the announcement of Electronic Arts' late-2004 exclusive deal with the National Football League (NFL) hurt more than a blindside sack from an unblocked linebacker. The agreement made EA's popular Madden franchise the only NFL-licensed game in town and also effectively ended the career of Visual Concepts' NFL 2K Football series. Rubbing salt in the wound, EA would eventually acquire the exclusive rights to make games based on NCAA Football and the Arena Football League.

After EA made the deal, Sega decided to bail on the sports scene and sold off the jock-centric studios of Visual Concepts and Kush Games to Take-Two Interactive. Take-Two formed 2K Sports and made sports games based on the licenses of the MLB, NHL, NBA, and more, but stayed away from football of any kind.

Midway Games went rough-and-tumble with the unlicensed Blitz: The League.

Midway Games, on the other hand, believed that a successful football game did not need the blessing of the NFL, and it eventually released Blitz: The League, a dark look at the underbelly of professional football. Instead of using real teams and players, Midway created a fictional league and made up its own players. The publisher's gamble proved to be a good move, and the game went on to be a surprising success.

Now it appears that 2K Sports is feeling like it wants to get off the sidelines as well. Today, the publisher announced that Visual Concepts is returning to football with All-Pro Football 2K8. The game is scheduled for release on "next generation video game systems" this summer.

Visual Concepts' NFL 2K5.

"Football gamers have been awaiting the return of the 2K series," said Visual Concepts president Greg Thomas. "All-Pro Football 2K8 will deliver an authentic next-generation gridiron experience, and we are happy to give fans another choice in the football category."

However, it's unclear what sort of players and teams will fill up All-Pro Football 2K8's rosters. While Blitz had the luxury of spicing up a roster of nobodies with gratuitous violence and performance-enhancing substances, Visual Concepts has an affinity for authentic simulations. One possiblity is that 2K will opt for signing popular players of years past to fill out its teams, with Hall of Famers spanning decades going toe-to-toe against each other. However, that kind of roster would require 2K Sports to sign deals with each player individually.

For more on today's news announcement--and more insight on the gritty details of All-Pro Football 2K8--read GameSpot's Q&A with Greg Thomas, president of Visual Concepts.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
anyone see RAKIM in the commercial?? game looks dope.. and do yall know about the way u gonna pick your teams? only 11 players with gold silver and bronze ratings? i think that is a fair selection process. im A MADDEN whore but 2k8 is a must have..

Apr 19, 2005
www.SacTownRadio.com
Only thing about the trailer that I don't like is it seems that Linemen and WR and RB all have the same body type...linemen aren't looking any bigger or wider then a WR or RB

The last 2 Maddens on next gen haven't lived up to the hype...but EA really look like it's gotten it's game together with 08...it's all about gameplay this year....

Feb 21, 2006
2k5 shitted on madden that year it came out! it also only cost $15! At least they had halftime shows that was pretty entertaining and talk shit to your friends about the tight ass plays u did on them with commentary. peep my sig!

Dec 9, 2005
I wouldn't say it shitted on Madden, but the tempo of the game was definitely more realistic. As were the movements of the players, and overall gameplay.

The playbook in Madden was much better though.

I have been a fan of 2K Sports shit since Dreamcast...and the football was dope.

I don't know how well this is going to do without the NFL Players & Teams though. Thats bullshit that Madden bought out the license...isn't that illegal ? LOL...a total monopoly.

I don't mind, because I like Madden too...but Madden 06 for the 360 was horrible...and I don't like the idea of not having other options in case that ever happened again.

Nov 28, 2005
madden and college football 06 graphics were crap but the new features in game play like gang tacking etc... was dope but the place kicker look like hulk hogan the new one better be better caus ei rather play it on the ps2 yaddi

Apr 19, 2005
www.SacTownRadio.com
I used to LOVE 2k series on the xbox...loved it more then Madden's

Don't know about this version tho...all the players in the video look like they have the same body type..linemen, WR, DB,QB...all look the same

Now that Madden 08 is running @ 60FPS on the 360 and the gameplay improvements...think Madden 08 will be the better football game