18th st

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 26, 2005
gut_instinct said:
I read on another site that the photo is from the early 90s. It seemed everybody was dressing like Eses in the early 90s. I've seen photos of black LA gangs dating back to the early to mid 90s dressing in pretty much the same style.
YOURE RIGHT! THATS AROUND THE TIME I WAS BANGING AND EVERY WHERE U WENT THE MALLS THE STREETS, EVERYBODY WAS DRESSED THE SAME..THATS WHY A LOT OF OLDER HOMIES ARE GETTING MAD AT THIS SO CALLED NEW SURENOS IN L.A. DRESSING LIKE THEYRE AT A G UNIT VIDEO..I SEEN SOME WITH CORN ROWS..FOR EXAMPLE NOW EVERY BODY WANTS TO WEAR THE FITTED CAPS CUZ ITS IN..WELL BACK THEN EVERY BODY WANTED TO SPORT THE BALD HEAD AND THE LOCS ,FRISCO BENS,LOCS,CASCADES,BEN DAVIS SHIRTS, CORTEZES..NOW U HARDLY SEE ANYONE DRESS LIKE THAT IN L.A. ACTUALLY THE ONLY PLACE I SEEN FOOZ LIKE THAT LAST WAS IN SACRAMENTO SOME 47TH ST FOOZ..THATS WHY I THINK SURENOS UPNORTH ARE BEHIND ON THE DRESSING STYLE I MEAN THAT LOOK WAS COO IN THE 90'S BUT U GOTTA STEPP UR GAME UP..

Nov 7, 2005
ESE_GRIMY said:
WELL BACK THEN EVERY BODY WANTED TO SPORT THE BALD HEAD AND THE LOCS ,FRISCO BENS,LOCS,CASCADES,BEN DAVIS SHIRTS, CORTEZES..NOW U HARDLY SEE ANYONE DRESS LIKE THAT IN L.A. ACTUALLY THE ONLY PLACE I SEEN FOOZ LIKE THAT LAST WAS IN SACRAMENTO SOME 47TH ST FOOZ..THATS WHY I THINK SURENOS UPNORTH ARE BEHIND ON THE DRESSING STYLE I MEAN THAT LOOK WAS COO IN THE 90'S BUT U GOTTA STEPP UR GAME UP..
Damn, I guess I gotta step my game up. I'll still sport Ben Davis pants with some Joker button up shirts and an occasional Charlie Brown (now that's the 90's shit right there) but for the most part I have to wear long sleeve shirts to cover my tats for work with some nice Solo pants but I'll bring back the old school every now and then.

Oct 26, 2005
I STILL HAVE SOME SIZE 50 BEN DAVIS IN MY CLOSET BUT I DONT WEAR THEM IMMA KEEP EM THOUGH ...I GOT RID OF ALL MY GANGBANGING CLOTHES A LONG ASS TIME AGO THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH DRESSING LIKE THAT BUT ITS KINDA OFF COMPARED TO HOW EVERYONE DRESSES NOWADAYS..

Nov 7, 2005
ESE_GRIMY said:
I STILL HAVE SOME SIZE 50 BEN DAVIS IN MY CLOSET BUT I DONT WEAR THEM IMMA KEEP EM THOUGH ...I GOT RID OF ALL MY GANGBANGING CLOTHES A LONG ASS TIME AGO THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH DRESSING LIKE THAT BUT ITS KINDA OFF COMPARED TO HOW EVERYONE DRESSES NOWADAYS..
Size 50...lol...that's some funny shit cause I got the same size shit in my closet but I don't wear em that big no more. I remember in Junior High having size 50's and having the principal make me change into my PE shorts cause they were too big...funny shit. Then I had to go the whole day looking like a fool with PE shorts and knee high socks pulled up with all my shit stuffed in them..lol

Sep 27, 2005
Charlie Brown (now that's the 90's shit right there)
actually black folks used to wear that shit in the 50s and 60s in tha south even. alot of these styles thats called "cholo" gear is wut black folks used to wear waaay back in the day, the mesicans just bring it back as a retro type style and call it they own...just like zoot suits and oldies music.....

Nov 7, 2005
WattsUp said:
actually black folks used to wear that shit in the 50s and 60s in tha south even.
Yeah they were first made way back in the 50's or 60's but in the 90's everyone was wearing them. You'd see at least 50-60 fools wearing them at high school. As far as black folks wearing them I don't know the only black fool I seen wear them was eazy e.

Sep 27, 2005
i said blacks USED to wear them back in the 50s and 60s, some niggaz used to wear them in the 70s, 80s, and 90s too, nowadays they really dont wear em, niggaz move on to new shit, seems like mesicans keep the same old retro styles and claim it as they own.....

Feb 9, 2005
ESE_GRIMY said:
still keep my Ben Davis vest hanging in the closet

Dec 25, 2003
WattsUp said:
i said blacks USED to wear them back in the 50s and 60s, some niggaz used to wear them in the 70s, 80s, and 90s too, nowadays they really dont wear em, niggaz move on to new shit, seems like mesicans keep the same old retro styles and claim it as they own.....
Vatos and Blacks in LA copied each other back and forth...they stold styles from each other and still do to this day.

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
ESE_GRIMY said:
YOURE RIGHT! THATS AROUND THE TIME I WAS BANGING AND EVERY WHERE U WENT THE MALLS THE STREETS, EVERYBODY WAS DRESSED THE SAME..THATS WHY A LOT OF OLDER HOMIES ARE GETTING MAD AT THIS SO CALLED NEW SURENOS IN L.A. DRESSING LIKE THEYRE AT A G UNIT VIDEO..I SEEN SOME WITH CORN ROWS..FOR EXAMPLE NOW EVERY BODY WANTS TO WEAR THE FITTED CAPS CUZ ITS IN..WELL BACK THEN EVERY BODY WANTED TO SPORT THE BALD HEAD AND THE LOCS ,FRISCO BENS,LOCS,CASCADES,BEN DAVIS SHIRTS, CORTEZES..NOW U HARDLY SEE ANYONE DRESS LIKE THAT IN L.A. ACTUALLY THE ONLY PLACE I SEEN FOOZ LIKE THAT LAST WAS IN SACRAMENTO SOME 47TH ST FOOZ..THATS WHY I THINK SURENOS UPNORTH ARE BEHIND ON THE DRESSING STYLE I MEAN THAT LOOK WAS COO IN THE 90'S BUT U GOTTA STEPP UR GAME UP..
you ain't never lied!!

they look like " lil' Homies " but they're alive.

LMAO

Back in the day, I was in LA for a funeral, and I was at this store, and some fresh out the pen lookin' OG sweated me because I was rockin' a fade. He said he could tell I was from up top by my haircut. We talked a little bit about life in both spots, and he hipped me to some local stuff, and then I burned one with him at the park. Cool dude.

Oct 26, 2005
BelialX3_666 said:
Size 50...lol...that's some funny shit cause I got the same size shit in my closet but I don't wear em that big no more. I remember in Junior High having size 50's and having the principal make me change into my PE shorts cause they were too big...funny shit. Then I had to go the whole day looking like a fool with PE shorts and knee high socks pulled up with all my shit stuffed in them..lol
I REMEMBER I USED TO BUY MY 40 OF ST IDES LIKE AROUND 4 OR 5 PM GO HOME PUT ON SOME MC EIHT OR CUBE AND START CREASING MY SHIT IT WOULD TAKE ME HOURS JUST FOR THE DAMN PANTS BUT THEY COULD ACTUALLY STAND BY THEMSELVES WITH ALL THAT HEAVY STARCH. I USED TO DO THE 1 CREASE ON THE FRONT AND 3 IN THE BACK FOR MY BEN DAVIS SHIRTS, MY CASCADES I HAD ALL THE COLORS ON THE BEN DAVIS SHIRTS AND CASCADES (EXCEPT RED OR BURGUNDY) :devious: I MADE SURE MY WHITE NIKE CROSS TRAINERS WERE EXTRA CLEAN IF NOT I'D GET THIS OLD TOOTHBRUSH AND CLEAN THEM.I REMEMBER THE SAFETY PINS ON THE BACK OF THE SHOE SO THE PANTS WOULDNT DRAG..I'D GET READY BY 9 OR 10 THE HOMIES AND ALL THE HOODRATS WOULD SHOW UP TO THE PAD TO PARTY EVERYBODY WAS INTO "KICKBACKS" WE USED TO SAY "FUCK A CLUB" SHIT I REMEMBER WHEN WE 1 ST TRIED TO GET INTO A CLUB AND THEY DIDNT LET US IN CUZ SUPPOSEDLY OUR SHIT WAS TOO BAGGY ..AND WE THOUGHT WE WERE WEARING SUPER TIGHT PANTS LOL NOW I DONT DRESS LIKE NO G-UNIT SHIT I JUST WEAR REGULAR SIZE PANTS ,K SWISS, AND T -SHIRTS I STILL CREASE MY 501'S EVEN THOUGH THE YOUNGSTERS TRIP OUT ON THAT SHIT.. ITS WEIRD TO THEM..
I GUESS TIMES CHANGE IMMA I GOT THIS PIC OF ME AND MY COUSINS IMMA POST IT NOW I LOOK AT THEM PICS AND I'D BE LIKE DAMN "I CANT BELIEVE I USED TO WEAR THOSE HUGE PANTS LOL

Mar 12, 2005
off topic though, I my homeboy Alfredo brought me to a party in San Bernadino, I know it's sur territory and en serio no body tripped off me, but are you foos aware that there are X-OG Nortenos living in the south in San Bernadino, there was some Vato named Carlos he was an X-norteno, but his sons were surenos, crazy shit pero no mentira.