Zito and Giants agree to deal

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
discuss650 said:
schmidt was a good pick up for LA hes going to get hurt or miss alot of games..haha good luck with that bald fuck sorry ass inconsistent pitcher.

Exactly Dodgers fans are acting like he's coming off his 2 straight cy young years or something.......

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
Shit I wouldn't mind seein the Giants try and pick up Randy Johnson for a couple years. If we had someone like him we'd definately be a force in the NL. I'm already likin our team right now, I just wish we had one more beefy OF or 1B.

Mar 12, 2005
LA Dodgers said:
you can always tell who the people in the baseball know are and who just reads headlines and hears big names of people who were good in the past
LMAO! I just know you, me and Panther 206 are a few. JLMACN and Thizzmatics too. Don't know anyone else. But yeah LMAO!

Dec 30, 2003
BIG DEEBO 559 said:
DAMN I WONDER HOW THE A'S ARE GONNA DO WITHOUT ZITO.I HOPE WE TRY TO GET RANDY JOHNSON AT LEAST FOR 2+YRS
hellll naaa randy johnson is a no go for me... hes too old..... i think the a's pitching staff is fine..... haren is fuckin good.... harden will be better next season... blanton is a dam good pitcher and loaiza is good as well... we need wat one or 2 more starters and we should be good.... just not randy johnson

Jun 30, 2004
ArYo said:
Shit I wouldn't mind seein the Giants try and pick up Randy Johnson for a couple years. If we had someone like him we'd definately be a force in the NL. I'm already likin our team right now, I just wish we had one more beefy OF or 1B.
no....what we need is some bullpen help, not randy johnson...do you even watch baseball. if you did then you would know that the Giants need bullpen help BAD

Sep 25, 2005
in todays market players like Cain, Billinglsy, Martin, Broxton, Eithier, Putzz, ect.....

are more valuable than players like Randy Johnson, Manny Ramirez, ect.........

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
BayRider04 said:
no....what we need is some bullpen help, not randy johnson...do you even watch baseball. if you did then you would know that the Giants need bullpen help BAD
Don't try and put my baseball knowledge on blast cuzz, I know more than the average mufucka and that's fact. And yes I watch baseball, not like I watch football or basketball, but I definately know my shit. Besides the point just because I said I would like to see Randy Johnson on the Giants doesn't mean I don't know what we need. I've always wanted to see Randy Johnson on my squad cuze he throws straight heaters. I think he might be able to bring somethin to the table for maybe another 2 years. Not only do we need a bullpen, we need another big bat don't forget about that Mr. Baseball Genius. All I wanna know is if Bochey is serious bout tryin to coach Benitez himself. I thought for sure he would be gone this year, but the way they be talkin on KNBR it sounds like he gonna get another shot.

Mar 12, 2005
Aryo said:
Don't try and put my baseball knowledge on blast cuzz, I know more than the average mufucka and that's fact. And yes I watch baseball, not like I watch football or basketball, but I definately know my shit.
Ok Wait I'll get back at this as soon as you see my response to what's coming
Besides the point just because I said I would like to see Randy Johnson on the Giants doesn't mean I don't know what we need.
Truly this shows you don't know what we need, No offense Bro. Randy Johnson isn't as good as you think he is anymore. This isn't any season Prior to 2004.
I've always wanted to see Randy Johnson on my squad cuze he throws straight heaters.
The Last Time he threw anything 96+MPH was in 2004, His fastballs are more like 92-94 and that's alot of lost velocity, considering his Slider is 90MPH. You need alot of speed differential when you slider is almost as fast as your fastball.
I think he might be able to bring somethin to the table for maybe another 2 years.
Schmidt has more value than dude, After this season, EVEN mid season, Randy may well indeed just be done.
Not only do we need a bullpen, we need another big bat don't forget about that Mr. Baseball Genius.
Not necessarily,the Bullpen is more significant than obtaining a power hitter. If you can rely on Bonds to give you 25+, Durham to repeat Last year and hit 20+, Feliz to his 20+, Aurilia to hit more than 15+, Molina to hit his 15+, the Giants have a stable Line-up with a deep bench. There's no more money for a power hitter, where would he play? Bullpen is more important homie, if you know Giants baseball.
All I wanna know is if Bochey is serious bout tryin to coach Benitez himself.
Yes he's serious, Because Bochy is well aware that if you don't have the respect from your players things tend to go sour, look at Felipe Alou that last two years. Lost total respect and control of the team. The only people the Giants would listen to was Omar Vizquel and Mark Sweeney.
I thought for sure he would be gone this year, but the way they be talkin on KNBR it sounds like he gonna get another shot.
I say 50/50, he's either going to get a shot, or get traded as a salary dump before spring training is over.

Sep 25, 2005
i wish my team had a good bullpen :)

Sammy closing
Broxton- possibly the next Gagne setting up
Beimel, Kuo, Dessens, Stults.

i think my team is very balanced, a little short on power. but i am sure if nomar doesnt get hurt he can get 25 hr, Kent should get 25 also. Martin, Eithier and Benemit 15+ each.

speed to burn at all positions (except Kent).

good Starting Pitching

i think we (DODGERS) will have a good season

Sep 25, 2005
LOL, ya they are so easy to catch (see Manny Ramirez), especially in a very spacious park like ATT. funny how some fans dont even know their own home fields

Dec 19, 2005
LA Dodgers said:
how good is your OF defense, because if i am not mistaken Zito is Fly ball pitcher.

LF Bonds is below average.
in all fairness, the dodgers' OF defense isn't a whole lot better. Gonzo in LF is below average. Pierre in CF is average. He takes horrible routes to balls a lot of times (like kenny lofton does now) but his speed somewhat makes up for it. and Ethier in RF is no better than average.

LF: Bonds<Gonzo but not by much
CF: Roberts<Pierre but not by much
RF: Winn>Ethier