Zito and Giants agree to deal

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Makes perfect sense, Zito seems like one of those 'California spirit' type guys, so I'm not surprised he didn't end up heading back East. The dude lived in San Francisco while pitching for the A's.

Then again, I also thought Jason Giambi was one of those California spirit type guys who would never leave the state.

Dec 28, 2004
LOL, $18 million for a guy that doesn't even play everyday. Giants don't get any younger, and now spend that much on a pitcher? Their GM needs to be fired!

nobody's fuckin with: Schmidt, Lowe, Penny, Wolf, Billingsley

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
D-Rose said:
Well....there officially goes the Zito A's jersey i bought last season...
:(

(that was the first and only time i will ever use a smiley on here)
I hate when shit like that happens. Like back when I broke down and bought the authentic TO 49ers jersey for $225 then he got traded the following year, boy I was pissed. I bought that jersey thinkin he was so good the 9ers would never get rid of him, hahaha.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
41510 said:
zito or schmidt ...

should they have just keep schmidt ?
Even though I think Schmidt has been better the past couple years. I'm glad we got Zito, cuze sometimes you gotta shake things up, get some new faces. I think its crazy he's gettin 18 mill, but hey I guess that's the price to pay for a top ace. Seems like everyone is gettin overpaid these days. Makes me wonder if we should just gave the money to Soriano, didn't he only get 17 mill a year? Then again I heard the Giants didn't even have a chance to match the Cubs offer, that he just took it from the gate.

Mar 12, 2005
Sicc Dawg said:
LOL, $18 million for a guy that doesn't even play everyday. Giants don't get any younger, and now spend that much on a pitcher? Their GM needs to be fired!

nobody's fuckin with: Schmidt, Lowe, Penny, Wolf, Billingsley
LMAO!

Schmidt at most will win 12-15 Games
Lowe, can he improve his ERA It's been Over 4 the last couple of seasons
Penny, Can he stay healthy enough HAHA
Wolf, Good signing
Billingsly, I've seen guys stuff, he's good, but let's see how the Seasons Pans Out

Now a comparison with the Giants

Zito>Schmidt, Not cause I'm a Giants fan but seriously schmidt is on the decline
Cain>Lowe, c'mon now, dodger fans can't deny this
Penny=Morris, If Penny stays healthy he'll be better, and if Morris can rebound and get his damn fastball past 90MPH it's either a stale mate or a push between the Two
Wolf=Lowry Look Above, but in this case, if Lowry can stay Healthy, it's another push
Billingsly>Giants No. 5 Starter, even if they sign David Wells, Billingsly has nasty stuff.