Zito and Giants agree to deal

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 19, 2005
STOCKTON said:
Lowe, can he improve his ERA It's been Over 4 the last couple of seasons
Penny, Can he stay healthy enough HAHA
umm lowe hasnt had a 4+ ERA since '04 in Boston. both his seasons in LA he had sub 4.00 ERAs. he had a 3.63 ERA last season and a 3.61 in '05, both of which were better than Mr. $126 million so you tell me who needs to improve.

and penny had a 6+ ERA after the all star break with injuries yet still finished better than Lowry, Morris, and almost Cain. i don't see much to "haha" about.

and your comparisons were a little off...i fixed them for you

Schmidt>Zito
Lowe>Cain
Penny>Morris healthy or not
Wolf=Lowry
Billingsley>Giants No. 5 Starter

May 15, 2002
i can't believe they threw that much money at him. He couldn't say no to that. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to the national league. I definitely think they paid him way too much, but that was probably the amount to keep him from going to the Mets.

Jan 5, 2006
man first everyone was like "I HOPE THEY SIGN ZITO" now everyones bitching.. if it aint your money.... dont trip. All the bitching in the world couldnt change it anyways.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
I was lookin at our roster earlier and I liked it, good a lil depth too it. even on the offensive side. I wish we had one more big bat to go, but oh well, is Pudge still a FA? Wouldn't mind seein him at catcher or maybe another beefy RF or CF.

Apr 25, 2002
G-Dubb said:
Bad deal for the Giants. Way too much money, he's not worth it.
Hah...that's all I needed to hear from mr. Oakland A himself. I agree though. Too much and too long for a player who only plays every 5 days. You could say he's a bit inconsistant too. On the flipside of that, he's a reliable pitcher that solidifies any pitching rotation.

Feb 8, 2006
Mr. Chronic said:
Hah...that's all I needed to hear from mr. Oakland A himself. I agree though. Too much and too long for a player who only plays every 5 days. You could say he's a bit inconsistant too. On the flipside of that, he's a reliable pitcher that solidifies any pitching rotation.
And the last remaining #1 starter on the market. Best option we had.

Mar 12, 2005
Consider the money the Giants will have freed up next year, and look at the 2008 Free Agent Market. Then comeback and say the Giants aren't making moves. Just look at next year's free agent market.

Sep 25, 2005
Quick said:
We did over pay but we didnt really have other choice......... We had to get a good solid starting pitcher
i would have KEPT SCHMIDT for the 3 years he was asking and put the extra 80 million towards 1 or 2 more players if i were the Midgets.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
LA Dodgers said:
i would have KEPT SCHMIDT for the 3 years he was asking and put the extra 80 million towards 1 or 2 more players if i were the Midgets.

See thats what your a dodger fan..........Was our pitching staff going to get better with Schmidt???.... Nope. Zito doesnt get 120 million in one year you that right but were going to have alot of cap room next year anyways......

We over paid for him but someone was going to.......Its the same situation with Schmidt someone was going to overpay for him and it turn out the weak ass dodgers.......

Jan 18, 2006
ZITO AINT WORTH IT PERIOD, IM AN A'S AND GIANTS FAN. HE GETS SMASHED ON BY ANY GOOD TEAMS, DUDE IS AN AVERAGE PITCHER IN MY EYES, IVE ALWAYS SAID TO MYSELF WHY DID WE GET RID OF MULDER AND HUDSON AND KEPT ZITO, HE WAS OBVIOUSLY THE MOST INCONSISTENT OF THE 3, SERIOUSLY MAYBE THE GIANTS WERE DESPERATE BUT BY YEAR 3 OF HIS CONTRACT ZITOS GONNA BE RAN OUTTA TOWN CUZ THERES MORE PRESSURE IT SEEMS TO PLAY IN FRISCO THEN OAKLAND.