WU TANG HATIN ON THE SOUTH- LOL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2006
thank god someone spoke the truth!

i 110% agree with what Meth was sayin'.. the south has its talented rappers but also has a shit load of wack rappers that lack the lyrics or have these "hip-hop/rap" stars that are really pop stars because all they do is talk or
auto-tune it down about the same shit with the same swags.. no originality what so ever.. seems like some people forgot what originality means..

Feb 8, 2003
Houston rap>>>>>>>>>anything from the east coast in the last 10 years. and ATL is the east coast too, its southern but i consider it the southern NY...they have similar styles and "swagger". There's always been young, new rappers that are talentless but are popular with the kids. Wu tang needs to get over that and focus on themselves and speak out thru action (putting out good music) and stop acting like the kings they think they are. I like Wu but ur not on the throne anymore and New York hasnt been there for years.

and no i dont give a fuck about New York "starting this rap shit", its not hot now and it hasnt been for years. There are tons of other places that put out dope music. They're just not looking in the right spots.

PERFECTLY WRITTEN I agree.

Imo T.I. & Ludacris, K-Rino, T-Rock could hang with any member of the wu on the mic anyday.

Wu just mad bc that group album with rae/ghost/meth didnt come out and the label keeps pushing it back to release southern artists albums instead. Thats where all this stiring from. They all Jay-Z age and been out before him and still hasnt achieved his level in they careers they need to just hang it up and bring out younger talent im sure they all got sons & daughters that are over 16 that they can bring out.

This just like a old ass athlete who time passed like deon sanders, buster douglas, shawn kemp, ickey woods trying to still play the sport pro and hating on the younger talent bc they shinning more and making more money then them.

Jan 18, 2006
TI is probably as overrated as it gets lol, Gucci Mane gtfoh he raps like a retard. Just cuz yall named 5 rappers dont mean shit. the average rapper from NY or the West is a million times better then the average rapper from the South. Forgot to mention Lil Waynes flows is trash and hes suppose to be the best in the South thats laughable. Also Houston was hot for a second but not really anymore, this isnt just about the East most of the albums coming out the South is wack these days yet they get the most attention. Whoever said Rick Ross got bars dont know a god damn thing. Listen to rap in the 90's and listen to it now, the industry literally went dumb.

Apr 7, 2004
TI is probably as overrated as it gets lol, Gucci Mane gtfoh he raps like a retard. Just cuz yall named 5 rappers dont mean shit. the average rapper from NY or the West is a million times better then the average rapper from the South. Forgot to mention Lil Waynes flows is trash and hes suppose to be the best in the South thats laughable.
Cats already know this but it don't mean shit if nobody is listening to your music

Jan 18, 2006
Cats already know this but it don't mean shit if nobody is listening to your music
No doubt but its not always the rappers fault as far as im concerned Northern Cali as a whole has always been putting the best albums consistently but will never get any love especially on the East Coast.

Apr 7, 2004
No doubt but its not always the rappers fault as far as im concerned Northern Cali as a whole has always been putting the best albums consistently but will never get any love especially on the East Coast.
The cats that are on in northern cali like Live wire,D-Lo come from areas where its majority black... Back in the 90's there was way more black folks in the bay area meaning more support. The more support you get the more national exposure you get. A lot of black folks from northern cali been moving back down south and its showing...

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
Did yall forget the Wu has done shit with the south before?

I.E. Method Man being on Mystikals last album Tarantula

Raekwon being on the Wyclef track Where My Money At Remix with Akon and Lil Wayne

Ghostface doing a track with Missy Elliott and Jackie O back in 04' for his The Pretty Toney album

Aint like they haven't worked with artists down south b4....

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
As for my opinions....See I SOMEWHAT agree with Method Mans defense about why he would hear Chicken Noodle Soup than Money To Blow, but STILL, the song is just like all the snap songs that came out via 05-06', getting mofo's wanting to dance over simple lyrics....I could give a fuck about "She's a little kid, what you want her to rap about? Some Lil Kim shit?" Still don't excuse the record from sounding like bullshit just like the typical shit thats being shown on the airwaves from the south.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I fuck with the South... there's good rappers and wack rappers from every region

when it comes to straight up lyrical talent... I'd say the Eastcoast is better than any other region... but whatever... no need to hate on an entire region

other people probably think the Bay is weak lyrically overall... it is what it is

quit hatin the South!

Apr 25, 2002
meth, ghost, and rae is speakin real talk in my imo and there are HELLA garbage ass rappers from the south, but some dope ones at the same time. i think it's just cuz the market flooded wit that weak ass shit because it sells and those regions support that garbage ass music. i can't hate em cuz they shit is sellin so why not get it. they created their own lane for that abc 123 retard re re rap. i dont know how the fuck yall can knock that gucci and oj type shit though. some of their beats slap, but they spit so weak i can't fuck wit it. feel like im listenin to some gangsta sesame street shit.

Feb 2, 2006
half the time you can't even understand that new york slang, and the other half they need to write a fuckin philosophy book instead writing lyrics

yup
new york rappers just ramble on and on
u dont ever hear mufuckas in a club sayin "i wanna hear some wu tang"

Jan 18, 2006
who cares what folks want to hear in the club though, thats what ruined rap in the first place. That and always having to have an rnb singer on the hook now and rnb rap songs.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i agreed with rae and ghost more than i agreed with meth, he was just almost hating...but ghost was speakin some real shit when he said waka flocka couldnt get on a track with someone like g rap, and if he did hed have to stay in his lane...thats true..but with waka flocka saying he isnt a lyricist, would he ever WANT TO be on a track with kool g rap?

im sure hed rather be on a track with gucci mane, who is selling, and get money....than be super lyrical and broke...i mean its all good like when you GOT MONEY (like wu) already u can rap for fun and shit..but lets not forget... protect your neck, and m.e.t.h.o.d. man wasnt the most lyricial shit

"here i here i am here i am here i am the method man, , dont eat skippy jiff or peter pan" yeah real lyrical meth lololol

maybe meth needs to realize waka flocka is where meth was in skill in 1993 and just has more money than he had when he was in 1993...so that gives him less incentive to need to rap lyrically..

now if meth was rich, in 1993, would he have continued to get better? no, it was the thirst to make it in the game that made him polish his shit up. and he needs to give the younger rappers a few years to do that, just like we gave meth back in the early 90s.

Apr 25, 2002
i agreed with rae and ghost more than i agreed with meth, he was just almost hating...but ghost was speakin some real shit when he said waka flocka couldnt get on a track with someone like g rap, and if he did hed have to stay in his lane...thats true..but with waka flocka saying he isnt a lyricist, would he ever WANT TO be on a track with kool g rap?

im sure hed rather be on a track with gucci mane, who is selling, and get money....than be super lyrical and broke...i mean its all good like when you GOT MONEY (like wu) already u can rap for fun and shit..but lets not forget... protect your neck, and m.e.t.h.o.d. man wasnt the most lyricial shit

"here i here i am here i am here i am the method man, , dont eat skippy jiff or peter pan" yeah real lyrical meth lololol

maybe meth needs to realize waka flocka is where meth was in skill in 1993 and just has more money than he had when he was in 1993...so that gives him less incentive to need to rap lyrically..

now if meth was rich, in 1993, would he have continued to get better? no, it was the thirst to make it in the game that made him polish his shit up. and he needs to give the younger rappers a few years to do that, just like we gave meth back in the early 90s.
i agree wit the shit you sayin except for meth not continuing to get better if he was rich in 1993...new york state of mind on rap is 180 degrees different than the south and they all wanna be if not already some lyrical rappers. rappers like the so icey camp arent gonna get better as far as spittin and being more lyrical cuz that aint what they do and they would swerve out their lane and crash.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
i hear you on the new york state of mind being different than the south, but with that said the south is a big place, and some people are lyrical, some arent..outkast isnt waka flocka and little brother isnt c-murder...same as new york...everyone in new york aint lyrical...generations change and so does style in rap...look at french montana for instance whom is one of my favorite new york rappers...

and on the meth tip IMO he got worse the more money he got, but thats an opinion...it went downhill from tical

rae got better with time, ghost too. but thats also an opinion. some would say ghosts best shit was supreme clientele....some would say raes best was cuban linx..but lyrically, not really.

id probably place their newer shit above their older shit lyrically.

meth is just , well...people liked him for his style and voice ....he was never the lyrical nigga anyway

im a bigger fan of the south right now than new york...i cant even look at sean p the same after that one song lol

if meth was rich in 1993 i dont even see him rapping..haha

my favorite rappers come from the south..thats all i know...i guess 'lyrical' is in the eye of the beholder at times..

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
whoever said t.i. is overrated while touting the north cali area as the best producer of consistently good rap albums needs slapped in the teeth because you my friend, are a dumbfuck.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
t.i's im serious slapped..i havent heard an album from him since though.

that whole automatic guns then appearing on crimestoppers and making a website called 'street cred.com' then getting waaay less than football numbers made me go hmmm...

i talked about that with my boy for hours and we came to the conclusion that ti did the right thing, and didnt snitch on anyone but himself, but still........i think there was more 'behind the scenes' on that deal ..

my bad for getting off topic