Who is the most legendary rapper from the Midwest?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
First off, let me give my own definition of the word "legendary". To me, in this particular context, legendary would be someone who has had a profound impact in their region which transcends to other regions, possibly even globally, with respect to their genre of music which they perform. In this case, (gangsta)rap.

Granted, this legend doesn't necessarily have to be living, but even posthumously, his, her, or their contributions are well noted and celebrated in their particular community. Legends, as well as their contributions are TIMELESS. Years after they've dropped a debut album, or since their last effort, they are still being talked about in the rap/hip-hop community.

All that being said, my choice for the most legendary from the Midwest would be MC Breed.

Oct 20, 2008
id have to say bone because I don't think there is anybody that hasn't heard of them. They have made many albums, all doing pretty well. Some very classic were originated by them. They also got recognition from major artists as well as underground.

May 2, 2002
IMO, "legendary" isn't synonymous with "favorite". I think longevity should factor into "legendary" status. That doesn't mean releasing RECYCLED material on every other cd (i.e. Rich).

What makes Rich "legendary"? Yeah, he's been in the game since '94 and he's got quite the catalogue, but all his shit as of late sounds the same. SOMEONE PROVE ME WRONG! I enjoy his music, but to call him a legend is a bit of a stretch.

What's Fat Tone done to be remotely considered a "legend"? To each his own though.

May 20, 2006
My votes for "legendary status" go to:

Artist - MC Breed and Twista (equally)

Group - Bone Thugs in Harmony (introduced the Midwest "speed" flow to the masses)

**"Rodney Dangerfield" Award goes to - Nelly
(Cornell gets no respect, but you can't deny his acheivements and how he DID represent the Midwest from the STL perspective)

Feb 8, 2003
get teh fuck outta here. nobody heard of him like that he still local.

legends mean successful and household names most these niggas in thIS thread just naming they favorite local rappers. shit Ray Cash & Obie Trice done more then most them local cats mentioned in this thread.

Non of them have done the worldwide accomlishments or made the moves and money like

BONE, EMINEM, NELLY, TWISTA, TECH N9NE, TRAXSTER

Nelly & Eminem are the most wealthy out the bundle