What has OBama done that get's your approval?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
i'm not well versed in politics and government. so for those of you that are, i have a question for you. All this money for stimulus this, and reform that, why not make grants where small business can apply for? if they fit the criteria they get money which they can help keep they businesses alive. thats how you stimulate the economy. i dont need a $300 million dog park in my city. and yes that was in the stimulus bill that was passed.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I honestly think a better idea would've been to make larger corporations pay for healthcare for their employees, like Wal-Mart for instance. They make money hand over fist and pay their employees dick. At least some healthcare would be nice. There's a grip of other companies you could name like this. AT&T, McDonalds etc...

I go to the VA hospital to get treatment and I'm very thankful I have that. Insurance through my work is not affordable and I work for a large and reputable company but I just flat out cannot afford it for me and my kids. It's cheap for me (even though it's not great coverage) but it's expensive just to add my wife, nevermind my kids. That's a big deal to me. We'll still have to pay for this universal coverage anyways so I'm curious to see how this pans out but my VA doctor doesn't wanna hear what I have to say, they give you medicine for your complaints.

My last trip to the doctor, I had an appointment and got in right as I got there. It ended up being a 4 hour ordeal waiting in lines after that for a routine check up. Unless you're dying, you're all a routine check up. I can't imagine it will run a lot more differently than that once the government puts their hand in it.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
Health Care Reform. More americans will now be able to purchase health care insurance INCLUDING people with terminal diseases who are considered "high risk".

If you get sick, you will not be dropped for any reason. So if you get cancer, your insurance cant weasel their way out of it.

Still too poor to buy insurance? Don't worry, Government subsidies will be available..

Worried about the cost to you and other taxpayers? You shouldn't, unless you make $250,000 or more a year.

If this isn't fuckin great i don't think nothin will please u folks.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
Healthcare reform will take away many insurance-paid diagnostic tests. You want an MRI? Pay for it. You want X-Rays? Pay for it. You have cancer and need treatment? Wait in line. It's not because this is the U.S., and it's not because it's Obama...it's because that is what happens everywhere that has Universal Healthcare. People get sick, and they have to wait. Some die because they do not get the proper treatment, some lose body parts.

what about the people who dont have insurance? They don't even get a shot at treatment. Their only option is the emergency room. Which costs taxpayers BILLIONS, thats right BILLIONS of dollars. More people die everyday because they can't afford health insurance. Health care is a right not a privelage. You should'nt be healthy only because you can afford it. PREVENTIVE CARE IS THE ANSWER, WHICH RESULTS IN A HEALTHIER POPULATION, WHICH IN TURN COSTS THIS COUNTRY LESS MONEY.

Apr 25, 2002
This sums it up pretty well . . .

I moved to Washington in 1993, when a young, new Democratic president replaced George Bush and promised to reform politics and be a transformative leader. Backed by huge majorities in Congress and with public opinion squarely in his corner, he had the opportunity to shake things up and change American politics. Instead, he and his party squandered their chance through timidity, weak leadership, a lack of any original ideas and their refusal to confront special interest groups.

Here we are seventeen years later and there’s a young, new Democratic president who replaced George Bush and promised to reform politics and be a transformative leader. Backed by huge majorities in Congress….

Well, by now you can probably guess where this is heading.
I had low expectations for Obama as I always viewed him as a fairly conventional insider. But by any measure, his presidency has been a huge disappointment. It’s true that Obama inherited a terrible economy, but his policies were timid — which is no surprise given that his economic team was composed almost entirely of the same bankers and Wall Street insiders who paved the way for and profited from our bubble economy. There are now 43.6 million Americans living in poverty and more than 15 million out of work; that’s a scandal, and when there’s a Democrat in the White House and the party has ample majorities in Congress, it’s not credible to blame everything on obstructionism by the Republicans.

Then there was the health care reform bill, that took more than a year to pass and whose primary beneficiaries were the lobbyists who got paid billions to water it down. The bill does almost nothing to control costs and left the insurance industry in charge of the system. And for that very reason, the industry will be able to contrive loopholes that minimize the impact of the few good measures left in the bill.
http://harpers.org/archive/2010/09/hbc-90007662

Dec 29, 2008
i like that obama made the racist whites mad.

and he extended unemployment errraayy.

but i think the wars in the middle east need to be stopped asap.

bring the troops home.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
what about the people who dont have insurance? They don't even get a shot at treatment. Their only option is the emergency room. Which costs taxpayers BILLIONS, thats right BILLIONS of dollars. More people die everyday because they can't afford health insurance. Health care is a right not a privelage. You should'nt be healthy only because you can afford it. PREVENTIVE CARE IS THE ANSWER, WHICH RESULTS IN A HEALTHIER POPULATION, WHICH IN TURN COSTS THIS COUNTRY LESS MONEY.
What about the war in Iraq and Afghanistan? that's costing billions and BILLIONS of dollars too, not to mention lives.

Part of the other problem is, healthcare is outrageously priced in this F'n country. You get aspirin in the ER and it costs you like $30 per dose. Ambulance rides are a grip. Getting a cast put on costs grip. Give me a break dog. Send me to the hospital in the back of an F-150 if it'll get me there alive as long as it's less than $600 to get 4 blocks. I can understand the helicopter medivac thing being a lot but not a ride in a glorified van. That's half of our problem.

I'm also pissed about going to the doctor multiple times for the same thing and all they do is give you different medicine. I've wasted so much time and money on co-pays for stuff that doesn't fix anything

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
oh yeah not to mention that you will be covered under your parents health plan until you are 26.

The economy works better when people arent scared of losing their health care or worry about paying debts to hospitals. They will spend their money and jumpstart the economy.

of course obama is a politician and he has favors too repay, but i think he is doing a great fuckin job given the mess he was given. We are pulling out of iraq, a war which spend trillions of US Dollars, all dollars that could have gone to feed hungry children and pay for health care. i dont think some of you can fathom exactly how much we have invested into this pointless war all for a commodity that will soon be obsolete (oil) once we all figure out that we have to invest in clean energy.

Jan 18, 2006
If Obama manned up these mufuckas would kill his ass. These Tea party racist bitches is actin like hos when he's not even doing shit think about if he made some real change.The brothas that aren't about talk D-Rose get a bullet or the pen...you ever think about that D-rose?
man shut that shit up. You act like black people are the only ones that go through it. Black people just complain the most. I grew up with a lot of black folks you cant tell me shit

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
Part of the other problem is, healthcare is outrageously priced in this F'n country. You get aspirin in the ER and it costs you like $30 per dose. Ambulance rides are a grip. Getting a cast put on costs grip. Give me a break dog. Send me to the hospital in the back of an F-150 if it'll get me there alive as long as it's less than $600 to get 4 blocks. I can understand the helicopter medivac thing being a lot but not a ride in a glorified van. That's half of our problem.

I'm also pissed about going to the doctor multiple times for the same thing and all they do is give you different medicine. I've wasted so much time and money on co-pays for stuff that doesn't fix anything
so why are u blaming obama for what the health care insurance industry has done to corrupt the system. Obama's health reform aims at eliminating those very things. all while keeping Capitalism alive by creating these health care exchanges within the next 4 years.

Feb 7, 2006
man shut that shit up. You act like black people are the only ones that go through it. Black people just complain the most. I grew up with a lot of black folks you cant tell me shit
You're a bright one... being Jeromes and Tyrones punching bag, car ride, and free smokeout don't consist of knowing black people ya big dummy.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
i'm not well versed in politics and government. so for those of you that are, i have a question for you. All this money for stimulus this, and reform that, why not make grants where small business can apply for? if they fit the criteria they get money which they can help keep they businesses alive. thats how you stimulate the economy. i dont need a $300 million dog park in my city. and yes that was in the stimulus bill that was passed.
from what i understand grants are only for students and non-profits and shit like that but i agree

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
They have programs for people who cannot afford healthcare. Don't tell me they don't, because my boy goes to county and pays $5 a month for his health insurance through the government. Before my girl got Kaiser through her work, she was on Medi-cal and didn't pay shit for shit.

They go wrong when they shove it in EVERYBODY'S face....which will eventually affect current health plans and force people to get shit they do not want. You are a business, you offer Kaiser or Government...Government costs a grip less...you go with the cheapest to increase income and decrease spending. I don't have health insurance right now...I would rather come out of pocket at Kaiser than deal with what the government offers...because I've seen first hand how it works, and it sucks.

And what costs the country so much money is jackasses going to the Emergency Room for colds and flu's. Taking a trip to the doctor for a cold or flu is like going to a steakhouse for a vegetarian meal...there ain't shit they can do for you. It happens ALL THE TIME, and it costs us a shitload of money.

Preventative medicine is not an option with Universal Healthcare unless you have the money to get your MRI's, X-Rays, and CT Scans. They will say "You don't need that"...they do it in many places with universal healthcare. People die from treatable cancer, they lose limbs, they lose eye sight. It's a mess and I refuse to be a part of it.