what do l.a. niggaz think about this hyphy shit?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 24, 2006
The Evil Genius said:
I hear what u saying but Pac waz raised in the East Coast. He haz no hood in Cali & never evem went 2 skool in Cali. I'm not going by where he waz born. Hell I waz born in LA but I'm N.Cali 2 the fullest cuz thiz iz where I waz raised. Even when I lived in LA & IE 4 like 6 yearz I alwayz repped N.Cal. How would it looked 4 me 2 switch up just cuz I lived in So.Cali & everyone excepted me? Thatz some busta azz shit 2 me.
When Pac came out to Cali, he lived in Marin City and he stayed in a section called "the Jungle". Not a neighborhood you'd want to be in if you weren't from there. Pac was raised by the drug dealers in the Jungle and the few Black Panthers that were still in Oakland...He went to Tamalpias High School in Marin. My unlce was the football coach there at the time and was also a guidance counselor who happened to have Pac as one of the students that he was a counselor to. He first started rapping in the bay so how could you say hes not a West Coast ARTIST??? He might not have been from the West originally but his career started and ended right next to the Pacific Ocean.

May 30, 2006
Hiz origins are East Coast so I stick by that. I went 2 a continuation skool in LA & even got a lil bit of street game from my uncles who are from there but but that don't make me from there.

Oh by the way Pac did live in the Jungles & I heard he use 2 get hiz azz whooped all the time up in there. I guess it aint a cool place 2 be if u aint from there.

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
Come on now.to say Pac aint a west coast artist is stupid,even Pac said when he lived out in Ny he didnt learn the game.when he moved to the west that's when he said he learned and you could hear it in his music.

Ask 10 people if they think Pac is a straight East coast artist or was he a west coast one.i guarentee you 9/10 will say WEST COAST

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
yall dont realize yall tryin to dibby up tupacs ashes tho like afeni...he thought he was every coast....thats why h efucked with outlawz...wanted to sign boot camp did songs with them....he didnt wanna be only west coast dude woulda used the fact he was east coast bred to have a east coast pass...that was part of the reason for fuck with biggie and so on..you woulda saw tupac try to become the peacemaker of all coasts at the end of the day to make money off the peace..

shit just didnt work

May 30, 2006
Ok.....but am I the only person that can peep that he waz dry snitch. When he got outta Rikers he was running around in interviewz & on diss trsckz hollering that Biggie set him up 2 get anbushed instead of takin it a matter that was so serious 2 the streetz if was really a thug. After he through Biggies name out there az hiz only suspect Biggie & Puff we're scrutinized big time by the authoritys. Thatz str8 up dry snitching

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
ill agree that tupac dry snitched but i think he felt like he was going at war so in a situation that he felt like he might die, he gave up the info about the trigger play in hopes to chill his chaces of getting gunned up, for another roll of dice to even the playing field.

at that point i dont think he knew the extent of the niggas tryna extort him and was looking for the best way out...ended up trying to gun his way out of the situation

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
Pac is now a snitch?

Everybody knows Pac wasnt the type of guy to hold his tounge.He even said he did those diss tracks to vent and to help him from really not kiliing these dudes in real life.He was a rapper.That was his vent.It's not like he went to one time and told on those fools.

Feb 7, 2006
I sense some lowkey tupac hatin...anyway it dont matter if he fucked with eastcoast artis heavily, so did Ice Cube, cypress hill, and a gang of other west coast artist. Pac admits he is from everywhere but said he got his game and learned what he learned from out here. Listen to that song thug style.

May 30, 2006
Dhadnot said:
I sense some lowkey tupac hatin...anyway it dont matter if he fucked with eastcoast artis heavily, so did Ice Cube, cypress hill, and a gang of other west coast artist. Pac admits he is from everywhere but said he got his game and learned what he learned from out here. Listen to that song thug style.
I sense niggaz on here iz covering 4 a dry snitch. I just broke down plain & simple how he waz a dry snitch & what I said waz fact & can't be disputed one way or another.

FYI aint nobody hatin on Pac. I'm not trying 2 take away anything he did on the mic. IMO I think that he iz so loved & immulated by many that the dry snitchin iz alwayz over looked.

man alotta nigga is so cal dont know how its up north if u compared richmond, oakland, EPA TO L.A IT WOULD BE NO COMPARISON AT ALL, THE BAY IS GRIMY FOLKZ Sacramento is more grimy than S.D. just cuz a nigga be giggin and got tha shades on and whatnot dont make em a square not at ALL. go to east oakland, richmond, the crest, p-world, south berkley, hunter point, double rock, patrell hills, fillmore, del paseo heights, oak park, valley hi, south sac, florin road, tha g parkway, garden blocc, Nutty North Highlands, hillside vallejo,ghost town niggaz would get ran outta there so fast, its one thing to say fuck hyphy or hyphy is wack but my city aint my area aint we gritters up there

May 30, 2006
Supa SAV'D OUTT said:
man alotta nigga is so cal dont know how its up north if u compared richmond, oakland, EPA TO L.A IT WOULD BE NO COMPARISON AT ALL, THE BAY IS GRIMY FOLKZ Sacramento is more grimy than S.D. just cuz a nigga be giggin and got tha shades on and whatnot dont make em a square not at ALL. go to east oakland, richmond, the crest, p-world, south berkley, hunter point, double rock, patrell hills, fillmore, del paseo heights, oak park, valley hi, south sac, florin road, tha g parkway, garden blocc, Nutty North Highlands, hillside vallejo,ghost town niggaz would get ran outta there so fast, its one thing to say fuck hyphy or hyphy is wack but my city aint my area aint we gritters up there
I hear what u saying also but the streetz of Sac iz highly overrated now. People are going off of whatvthese rapperz out here are saying a lil too much.These niggaz out here aint shit. 10-15 yearz ago Sac waz NO joke. Now? Nigga pleaze. U can take Florin Road & Vally Hi off your list. I just moved outta Valley Hi a few monthz back & Valley Hi iz a workin middle class section of Sac with a bunch of wanna be thugz with low level hustles. U gotta have a job 2 live over in Valley Hi. That aint no ghetto. G-Parkway waz hella notorious but that mothafucka been shut down 4 over a year. I live in S.Sac so a nigga can't tell me shit about thiz place. I grew up in Stockton & trust me Sac don't wanna see no partz of Stockton.

Mar 30, 2006
The Evil Genius said:
Pac iz from NY & hiz music had more of a Universal appeal. It waz far from sounding Bayish. But yea I agree that Mister FAB iz hot garbage. The sad thing about it iz that Bay niggaz iz actz like he's the shit. That dudes flow 2 hiz lyrics suck. Ya Boy & Turf Talk are other nigga that I'm not feelin. Turf be hollering the Bay but that fat nigga oz really from Rialto. Aint nothin in Rialto but suckaz & streetz with no sidewalkz.
YA BOY is a fuckin BEAST...You havent heard 100 Bars of CRACK...DAMN

Aug 8, 2003
milogalindo said:
hyphy is a lifestyle not a dance , hyphy is street , i'm from east palo alto and when we get hyphy that mean somebody gone get it ya dig
LOL..how can hyphy be a lifestyle when its only been around since the 90's??.. hyphy is so vague a term i can say.. "gawd damn george bush went hyphy on those iraqi's" hyphy is nothing more then a buzz word that was used to gain fans under one trend in a then dis-organized bay area rap scene... too bad they gathered everybody under a gimmick without a true message or cause..which will ultimately begin to unravel as everybody begins to sound the same..

Dec 16, 2006
This why the BAY, LA , and DAGO can't bust. It ain't the Niggas outside of Cali hatin. Its all the Niggas on the Left coast. We got our shit in the Bay, LA got theres and Dago got theres. Shit if we was all pushin eachothers music wouldn't nobody be able to fuck with cali. Ain't no support though.

Aug 8, 2003
Kapricorn45 said:
This why the BAY, LA , and DAGO can't bust. It ain't the Niggas outside of Cali hatin. Its all the Niggas on the Left coast. We got our shit in the Bay, LA got theres and Dago got theres. Shit if we was all pushin eachothers music wouldn't nobody be able to fuck with cali. Ain't no support though.
hyphy is centrist in itself folx since its considered a 'bay' thing.. and those who dont follow it are gonna get hated on as well so its an oxymoron..