what do l.a. niggaz think about this hyphy shit?

  • Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 30, 2006
7,391
71
0
42
#22
I lived in L.A. during the second half of the 90's & them niggaz didn't really fuck with Bay shit except probably 40 & $hort. They could relate more 2 the music comin out of the valley(Sac, Stockton, Merced etc) most notably cuz of the music waz on the gangbangin tip. But 4 the most part LA niggaz waz fuckin with just they own shit. They don't really have an undergound scene & independent hip hop almost doesn't even exist there. Dago haz a major independent movement thatz why they fuck with N.Cali real hard. When I lived in LA & even IE I would alwayz get niggaz askin "why are u buying cd's from these no name niggaz". They don't fuck with artist unless the nigga iz all over the TV & Radio. Old school mobb shit was way better then hyphy & LA barley fucked with that so most people down that way aren't gonna be jumpin on hyphy either though itz new but itz not even better then the bay shit that they hardly respected in the first place.
 
Feb 7, 2006
6,838
229
0
33
#26
The Evil Genius said:
I lived in L.A. during the second half of the 90's & them niggaz didn't really fuck with Bay shit except probably 40 & $hort. They could relate more 2 the music comin out of the valley(Sac, Stockton, Merced etc) most notably cuz of the music waz on the gangbangin tip. But 4 the most part LA niggaz waz fuckin with just they own shit. They don't really have an undergound scene & independent hip hop almost doesn't even exist there. Dago haz a major independent movement thatz why they fuck with N.Cali real hard. When I lived in LA & even IE I would alwayz get niggaz askin "why are u buying cd's from these no name niggaz". They don't fuck with artist unless the nigga iz all over the TV & Radio. Old school mobb shit was way better then hyphy & LA barley fucked with that so most people down that way aren't gonna be jumpin on hyphy either though itz new but itz not even better then the bay shit that they hardly respected in the first place.
thats not true, we got an underground scene split into two. "back pack" rap that was comin out of the pharcyde manor, the good life cafe now project blowed, where underground "back pack" still gettin major play. then we got that hood rap from both the eses and blacks, and even soem Asian hoods. Now Niggas is more selective with that. A nigga's shit might bump but you aint tryna put money in a rival hood. So we got an underground scene, its just that it seems like more people in LA go for the majors because this the city of hollywood.

And we been listenin to bay music, 40, short, dru down, 4 tay, spice 1, RBL posse (they from sac though right), mac shawn, mac mall, who else got play down here. I dont know but we been bumpin bay and nor cal music. shit, I dont think most LA niggaz even know the valley is seperate from the BAY.
 
Oct 18, 2003
1,702
4
0
#27
The Evil Genius said:
I lived in L.A. during the second half of the 90's & them niggaz didn't really fuck with Bay shit except probably 40 & $hort. They could relate more 2 the music comin out of the valley(Sac, Stockton, Merced etc) most notably cuz of the music waz on the gangbangin tip. But 4 the most part LA niggaz waz fuckin with just they own shit. They don't really have an undergound scene & independent hip hop almost doesn't even exist there. Dago haz a major independent movement thatz why they fuck with N.Cali real hard. When I lived in LA & even IE I would alwayz get niggaz askin "why are u buying cd's from these no name niggaz". They don't fuck with artist unless the nigga iz all over the TV & Radio. Old school mobb shit was way better then hyphy & LA barley fucked with that so most people down that way aren't gonna be jumpin on hyphy either though itz new but itz not even better then the bay shit that they hardly respected in the first place.
i could feel what this dude is say'n but from my point of view.

L.A. don't need hyphy:

they just tear the fuck'n city down ex. watts riots and the rodney king beating.

controled mayhem nothing..
 
May 30, 2006
7,391
71
0
42
#28
Nobody u named iz from Sac. Those iz all bay niggaz. Also most of them niggaz aint been factors since the 90's. When I waz in LA they were very bias towardz N.Cali. Callin Frisco "Fag City", saying that N.Cali iz slow etc. I've never been 2 a place slower then IE so I don't know what they were talkin about. Even my fam till thiz day say subliminal shit whenever I go back down there like they got something against any place north of Bakersfield.. It iz true that LA niggaz don't know the difference from the Valley & the Bay. Whenever I do go 2 LA I still get friendz & Fam askin me " do u still live in the Bay"? I corrects them off top. There iz an underground scene in LA but it doesn't even come close 2 comparing 2 N.Cali & Dago.
 
Mar 14, 2006
295
2
0
42
#29
i was blessed to have cousins fron San Jo who would put me up on the dope sounds from up north. having family up there helps alot, i can't say the same for everyone else.
 
Feb 7, 2006
6,838
229
0
33
#31
The Evil Genius said:
Nobody u named iz from Sac. Those iz all bay niggaz. Also most of them niggaz aint been factors since the 90's. When I waz in LA they were very bias towardz N.Cali. Callin Frisco "Fag City", saying that N.Cali iz slow etc. I've never been 2 a place slower then IE so I don't know what they were talkin about. Even my fam till thiz day say subliminal shit whenever I go back down there like they got something against any place north of Bakersfield.. It iz true that LA niggaz don't know the difference from the Valley & the Bay. Whenever I do go 2 LA I still get friendz & Fam askin me " do u still live in the Bay"? I corrects them off top. There iz an underground scene in LA but it doesn't even come close 2 comparing 2 N.Cali & Dago.

They aint been factors but thats not what yo point was, your point was that us LA cats didn't fuck with bay artists, which we did and still do. Hell, 40 watta got his second most sales (besides the bay)in the LA metropolitan area off his last cd. But I agree yall have to hustle harder so your underground scene blow our shit out of the water, but we had a crackin underground scene in the early to mid 90's. And I always feel N. cali fools hate on LA. Everytime I'm around some cats from the bay they hatin on LA, and I dont even trip off of N. Cali. Also, don't put IE, and the SGV and all that shit wit LA, we beef with them fools too. Its about LA. Los angeles city and the county.
 
May 30, 2006
7,391
71
0
42
#33
Dhadnot said:
They aint been factors but thats not what yo point was, your point was that us LA cats didn't fuck with bay artists, which we did and still do. Hell, 40 watta got his second most sales (besides the bay)in the LA metropolitan area off his last cd. But I agree yall have to hustle harder so your underground scene blow our shit out of the water, but we had a crackin underground scene in the early to mid 90's. And I always feel N. cali fools hate on LA. Everytime I'm around some cats from the bay they hatin on LA, and I dont even trip off of N. Cali. Also, don't put IE, and the SGV and all that shit wit LA, we beef with them fools too. Its about LA. Los angeles city and the county.
I hear what u sayin about Bay niggaz hatin on LA. The Bay hates on the valley(esp the bitchez) & we're like there cousinz. I can go 2 a bitchez Myspace page & I'll read "Location: From the Bay but livin In Wack azz Sacramento. From Oakland but staying in sorry azz Stockton 4 right now". The valley respectz LA but the Bay iz another story. When I waz livin in LA I had a potna from 111 N-Hood & he hated the Bay with a passion cuz he said they would hate on LA. There are tonz of Bay niggaz here in Sac & these Sac niggaz be all in love with'em & a lot of Bay niggaz secretly despise Sac niggaz. When I waz growin up in Stockton we embraced our Bay niggaz until we got tired of the disrespect & started biting back @ them niggaz. IMO majority of Bay, LA & NY niggaz are very arrogant. They seem 2 have thiz attitude that "if it aint where we're @ then it aint anywhere". Real talk.

I hear what u saying about IE. When I lived in S.Cali I waz very aware of the riff between LA & IE. I just used IE az part of an example 2 get my point accross. I got a lot peoplez in LA & they only listen 2 lil bit of Bay shit. They do love E-40 down there though. But when I waz livin in LA I did put niggaz up on a lot of N.Cali artist. I don't know if there still up on them now but I introduced a lot of N.Cali music 2 people down there.
 
Apr 26, 2006
4,564
2
0
33
#34
I personally can't stand Hyphy homies. It's just too silly, I can't take it serious. If I want to fuck around like that, I would rather dance to some House, Trance RAVE music and bust out the glow sticks haha. To tell you guys the truth, being a Mexicano, I just can't relate to that stuff. Most Mexicans like to be laid back. I don't want to sound racist or anything, but it's just "too Black" for my taste if you know what I mean. However, same can be said about Chicano rap, it might be just "too Mexican" for blacks. I personally got a $hit load of respect for the OLD BAY, the Mobb Gangsta Funk $hit. Celly Cel, Spice1, RBL Posse, Dru Down, X-Raided, Brotha Lynch, C-BO and all that Black Market $hit, Luniz, MC Breed, and all that good stuff. That's the stuff I still bump to this day, including G-Funk. Reason being is because I like the beats, lyrics make sense most of the time, the overall vibe is sick as fuck, shit you can sit back & drive to,drink to, dance to & fuck as well. G-Funk & Mobb-Funk go hand n hand for me. To me, G-Funk/Mobb Funk, it just represents more what real music is about, telling stories, struggles in life, the good times, homies, love,etc... The beats themselves also represent more what real music should sound like as well, piano, real bassline & guitar riffs, chords, strings, soft synthesizer leads from keyboards (not some harsh @ss Trance synth Sawthooth you hear now like Lil Jon),... I want to hear that hi-pitched G-ed up keyboard Synth lead come back instead, you know the one Dre, Cold187um made famous and a lot of the Bay Area Mobb tracks used it as well. You can make oldies out of some of these songs, like "I Got 5 On it," that shit will still be a hit 10-20 years from now I bet. When you hear it, you'll be like "fuck!, that shit was hard, glad I grew up in those times." However, $hit like Hyphy, I think it's just temporary fun, it'll die out, just like hardhouse died out.


BTW, at the moment in my car, I got Celly's Cel's Heat 4 Yo Azz, "Hot Sunny day," "Baillin' Thru My Hood ." Fuck homies, now that's some real music. I don't know about you guys, but I truely miss $hit like that.
 
Feb 7, 2006
50
0
0
34
#35
Niggas from the bay get way more radio play then niggas from down here, except snopp and game. but 93.5 be playin bay shit all day old and new. and on wednesdays power 106 be havin the westcoast wednesday shit jumpin off. but yea hella niggas down here be slappin that new and old bay shit. it seems like a day dont go by that i dont here celly cel "its goin down tonite" bein played in a nigga car. A club dont really be poppin down here without some hyphy music though. when some federation come on or any hyphy song the whole club be dancin, niggas that use to be on the wall mean muggin be right in the middle now just goin. but thats mostly in LA county.

When you go to the I.E., them niggas just be thinkin they too hard to do all that and listen to some bay shit. if any of yall that live in so.cal and been to parties in LA, hollywood etc., and been to parties in san bernadin,rialto etc. know what im talkin about. but to all the dago people and my peoples up north, just come out here and go to a club or a party in LA or anywhere around that area and you'll see how much love that hyphy music get out here.
 
Apr 26, 2006
4,564
2
0
33
#37
Reason_Baby said:
Niggas from the bay get way more radio play then niggas from down here, except snopp and game. but 93.5 be playin bay shit all day old and new. and on wednesdays power 106 be havin the westcoast wednesday shit jumpin off. but yea hella niggas down here be slappin that new and old bay shit. it seems like a day dont go by that i dont here celly cel "its goin down tonite" bein played in a nigga car. A club dont really be poppin down here without some hyphy music though. when some federation come on or any hyphy song the whole club be dancin, niggas that use to be on the wall mean muggin be right in the middle now just goin. but thats mostly in LA county.

When you go to the I.E., them niggas just be thinkin they too hard to do all that and listen to some bay shit. if any of yall that live in so.cal and been to parties in LA, hollywood etc., and been to parties in san bernadin,rialto etc. know what im talkin about. but to all the dago people and my peoples up north, just come out here and go to a club or a party in LA or anywhere around that area and you'll see how much love that hyphy music get out here.
Your right, but like I said earlier, I think Hyphy is still temporary fun. It will eventually die out. I give it 2 years, maximum. I think soon, Rap will revert back to "real" music. A couple big artists just need to step out and make some quality $hit and some already have, but there needs to be more. I personally blame producers, their the ones making these silly beats, therefore you get some silly ass lyrics to go along as well.
 
Dec 4, 2006
17,792
7,539
113
42
#39
i think some of you fools need to come out of your cave in the l.a. area and start hitting up the club scene...because the last time i was in L.A., a lot of people were going "DUMB" and they was feeling the "HYPHY" scene...