"We cant blame the white people any longer"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
MataSkonkas said:
SHOULDNT THEY AS WELL AS EVERY RACE BE ENTITLED TO THAT REGARDLESS IF THEY WERE ENSLAVED/MISTREATED IN THE PAST OR NOT??
Yes, but you never mentioned anything about being enslaved or mistreated in the past. You simply asked me about what I believed blacks are owed, and if you were to ask me about what they should be owed as a result of slavery you will get the previous given answer and a bit more.

Yes, everyone should be entitled to these things, but in this country, and across the board blacks are exploited while the people who do the xploiting rake in trillions.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
ParkBoyz said:
I know.. Bill Cosby was a breath of fresh air for them, it relieves the shame. Their little political attack dog.. Their favorite phrase is "get over it", but get over what? Blacks have to "get out", get out of the 400 year hole they dug us and through us in. No one says that every white person walking the street is responsible, but they reap the benefits of the people who were. That's what people like Cosby and a lot of white America fail to realize for some odd reason.
Bold and underlind emphasis mine.

Again, this thread is done.

When you talk to people about this situation and they become defensive thats already a bad sign. Many people will automatically assume that you mean every white person is responsible, when that is NOT the case. However, like you pointed out, white people HAVE reaped the benefits and expect for others to do the same. However, how can you do the same when you have no infrastructure? As I've pointed out in the past every other group in this country has an infrastructure or place they can go to in case of trouble. What do african americans have?

Aug 7, 2006
HERESY said:
Yes, but you never mentioned anything about being enslaved or mistreated in the past. You simply asked me about what I believed blacks are owed, and if you were to ask me about what they should be owed as a result of slavery you will get the previous given answer and a bit more.

Yes, everyone should be entitled to these things, but in this country, and across the board blacks are exploited while the people who do the xploiting rake in trillions.
OBVIOUSLY BLACKS ARE NOT THE ONLY RACE THAT FALL BENEATH WHITES IN THE TOTEM POLE, BUT IM JUST CURIOUS AS TO WHAT WOULD MAKE ALL THAT BETTER FOR BLACKSNOW IN THIS DAY N AGE..

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
MataSkonkas said:
OBVIOUSLY BLACKS ARE NOT THE ONLY RACE THAT FALL BENEATH WHITES IN THE TOTEM POLE, BUT IM JUST CURIOUS AS TO WHAT WOULD MAKE ALL THAT BETTER FOR BLACKSNOW IN THIS DAY N AGE..

No, blacks are not the only race who fall beneath whites, but if you can't even treat someone as your EQUAL and status quo CONTINUES to perpetuate this ideaology what can you do? Now if blacks (and every other race) were on an EQUAL playing field things would be much different. However, when attempts have been made to do this, some people come up with the "it's reverse racism" angle and refuse to address the issue.

Apr 25, 2002
What always gets me in these types of discussions is where people come from. I honestly think very few people on this board actually come from the black community, regardless of whether they're black or not. Sure, some of you guys do, but not many.

Question: How many of you guys went to a High School that is 99% African American (like Cosby did, Germantown HS)?

Question: How many of you guys grew up in a Census Tract that is 95% African American (like Oprah did in Milwaukee)?

I think people like Cosby & Winfrey are blacker than the black people on here not b/c they have more $ or b/c they have Uncle Tom views, but b/c of where they actually come from.

Post up what HS/neighborhood you grew up in if you think my point is bullshit.

Aug 6, 2006
xpanther206 said:
What always gets me in these types of discussions is where people come from. I honestly think very few people on this board actually come from the black community, regardless of whether they're black or not. Sure, some of you guys do, but not many.

Question: How many of you guys went to a High School that is 99% African American (like Cosby did, Germantown HS)?

Question: How many of you guys grew up in a Census Tract that is 95% African American (like Oprah did in Milwaukee)?

I think people like Cosby & Winfrey are blacker than the black people on here not b/c they have more $ or b/c they have Uncle Tom views, but b/c of where they actually come from.

Post up what HS/neighborhood you grew up in if you think my point is bullshit.
The word "Black" in its most conscious form is an international identity, it reflects your mind state and empathy towards the black community as a whole, "pan-Africa".. You can spend 18 years around black people all that you want, but when it's apparent that they don't influence you, you're on a different course. To stay relevant though, I grew up in Oakland and went to Oakland Tech.. But that wouldn't mean anything because there were white people at Tech, as I'm sure there were some white people in Oprah's neighborhood and Cosby's school, but that wouldn't make them anymore "black" right?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I went to Vallejo High, and my school was probably around 50% white, 30 black%, 10% asian and 10% "other".

Vallejo, Born in the Hills which is probably 90% black and raised in the North which was probably 70-90% black (we have a very large all black or predominately black community in the north.)

Now, If I were to say I was raised around 99% whites, and went to a school that was 99% white, how would that detract from me identifying with the black community? It wouldn't unless I made an effort to NOT identify with the community.

Aug 7, 2006
HERESY said:
No, blacks are not the only race who fall beneath whites, but if you can't even treat someone as your EQUAL and status quo CONTINUES to perpetuate this ideaology what can you do? Now if blacks (and every other race) were on an EQUAL playing field things would be much different. However, when attempts have been made to do this, some people come up with the "it's reverse racism" angle and refuse to address the issue.
WHAT IM GETTING AT IS WHAT KIND OF THINGS OR ACTIONS DO YOU THINK NEED TO TAKE PLACE TO PUT BLACKS BACK IN AT LEAST AN EVEN PLAYING FIELD??

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
MataSkonkas said:
WHAT IM GETTING AT IS WHAT KIND OF THINGS OR ACTIONS DO YOU THINK NEED TO TAKE PLACE TO PUT BLACKS BACK IN AT LEAST AN EVEN PLAYING FIELD??
A change in cultural capital, less gentrification, some social conservatism, a reprioritization of education, proper family structure, less media influence (no more materialism), ownership of businesses and spending money within the black community as opposed to spending with others and a lot of self reflection.

Aug 6, 2006
xpanther206 said:
1) Great concrete point, I have a lot of respect for this idea

2) Too abstract, you've got to bring some specifics

What high school did you attend and in what city?
I shouldn't really have to be too specific on that concept (equality).. "True" equality, in all forms. This is not an abstract idea as it is more far fetched. To get everyone not to see differences between each other and act on it, period.

Aug 7, 2006
HERESY said:
A change in cultural capital, less gentrification, some social conservatism, a reprioritization of education, proper family structure, less media influence (no more materialism), ownership of businesses and spending money within the black community as opposed to spending with others and a lot of self reflection.
IF ALL THESE THINGS WERE TO TAKE PLACE WOULDNT THAT CREATE EVEN MORE SEPARATION BETWEEN BLACKS AND THE OTHER RACES??

Aug 6, 2006
n9newunsixx5150 said:
What do reasonable black people think that the average white person, who is benefiting from those responsible for racism, should do? What is the "practical" solution?
They aren't responsible, so why should they do anything besides recognize the fact? Practical solutions are proposed every day by the black community, it's ultimately up to our government and the powers that be to decide what's "practical".. Practical on who's terms? That's a loaded question..