"We cant blame the white people any longer"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 23, 2002
What do you all think about this?

This has been checked to see if it was true or not on <Snopes.com> , and they say it is TRUE and then some.

We Can't Blame White People

Looks like New Orleans is waking people up.
Bill Cosby is shaking their bed again.

"We Can't Blame White People"
by BILL COSBY

"They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk:
Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What he drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.

And then I heard the father talk.

Everybody knows it's important to speak English

except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor

with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.

In fact you will never get any kind of job making a

decent living. People marched and were hit in the

face with rocks to get an education, and now

we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
The lower economic people are not holding up

their end in this deal.

These people are not parenting. They are buying

things for kids. $500 sneakers for what?

And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when

their son is standing there in an orange suit.

Where were you when he was 2?

Where were you when he was 12?

Where were you when he was 18 and

how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?

And where is the father? Or who is his father?

People putting their clothes on backward:

Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?

People with their hats on backward, pants down

around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress

all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing]

going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from?

We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans;

they don't know a thing about Africa

With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed

and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education

is no longer the white person's problem.

We have got to take the neighborhood back.

People used to be ashamed. Today a woman

has eight children with eight different 'husbands' --

or men or whatever you call them now.

We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
We have million-dollar basketball players who can't

write two paragraphs. We as black folks have to

do a better job. Someone working at Wal-Mart

with seven kids, you are hurting us.

We have to start holding each other to a higher standard. We cannot blame the white people any longer."

Mar 18, 2003
This is what I was saying in my first post in the infamous "Who should be responsible for fixing the problems with blacks in the US?" thread. It didn't get much approval, contrary to the reaction observed through these words from Bill Cosby, a black man, which is an issue I continued to talk about in that same thread.

This is not what is right or what should be. This is simply the way things are, and ultimatley have to be. Black people should not have to act, speak or dress "proper", but in a society fit for white people, where this is the standard, it is forced and is thereby required if one is to progress. This is not morally justified, but it has become so fluent that it should be expected and taught to kids of all colors. I have loads more to say but the hour is late and I have school in the morning.

Apr 25, 2002
I agree w/ 98% of what he says, the 2% that's bullshit is the "Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed" part, I don't get what's wrong with that.

All the other stuff, yeah.

Aug 23, 2002
HERESY said:
Has he settled his sexual harrasment suits yet?
HERESY And why are you posting this?

Deadpool Quote:
Originally Posted by HERESY
And why are you posting this?

Because he's white and wants Bill Cosby to shield him from being called out as straight up racist.

I am white but that has absolutely nothing to do with why I posted this. I find it hilarious though how only 2 of you left actual opinions, instead of really leaving feedback onwhat the writing was about. I actually think that white people are somehwat to blame for whats happened to African Americans. Somewhat.....

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Bellboy184 said:
HERESY And why are you posting this?

Deadpool Quote:
Originally Posted by HERESY
And why are you posting this?

Because he's white and wants Bill Cosby to shield him from being called out as straight up racist.

I am white but that has absolutely nothing to do with why I posted this. I find it hilarious though how only 2 of you left actual opinions, instead of really leaving feedback onwhat the writing was about. I actually think that white people are somehwat to blame for whats happened to African Americans. Somewhat.....
I've already addressed what he said YEARS ago when he first said it. You're the "Johnny come lately" in this is your own thread! LOL! Do I agree with some of it? Yes. Most of it? No.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
JLMACN said:
irrelevant..

I like it and I FUCKING AGREE..

Amen Bill write another

100% Relevant. Here it is the man is trying to be the "moral standard" of blacks across america, yet he himself has many skeletons in HIS closet.

When he makes comments like ,"People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- " yet is CONSTANTLY cheating on HIS wife with MULTIPLE women you have to question it.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Where does he say it is wrong to sexually harrass someone?!?!?! LMAO!!!!!!!! Please junior, have a bowl of wheaties or special K, because right now you aren't getting the minimal nutrition your body (brain) requires.

So what you're saying is Bill thinks it is RIGHT to sexually harrass someone?
C-R-I-T-C-A-L reading my puppet. Here it is he talking about promiscuity/ women with multiple partners and fathers not living up to their duties, yet he has NEGLECTED his marriage vows and could actually be one of the "fathers" he is talking about. :dead:

Where does he make the claim that he himself is the model? Read the article S-L-O-W-L-Y and put on your critical thinking cap.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
please heresy, just open your eyes, im trying to help you here, i think jesus may have sent me, and wasnt it you that said you wanted to be a lawyer or soemthing, just forget for one second that i am your idol and read close...
Son this is foolishness.

ATTACKING SOMEONES CHARCTER IN AN ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT THEIR ARGUMENT IS A FALLACY. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS.
Are MIGHTY SHOUTING WORDS supposed to scare me? If his character has NOTHING to do with his statements you would be correct. However, Bill is making an argument about "FAMILY VALUES", yet he isn't the poster boy for faithful husbands.

If this mans cup is dirty as fuck how can he tell someone else to wash their own cup? Shall we go into how infidelity has cause destruction and death in the black community and how infedility leads to single parent homes that he often shuns?

ok, im not making this up, its fucking fallacy jokester, fallacy means "this no fly good". Go look for any source on logical fallacies, and you will find the one you commit most frequently. I know this is a crushing blow for you, since all of your arguments are essentially based on discrediting your opponent and calling them stupid, but maybe now you have finally learned something. As JLMAC put it, its irrelavent, let it sink in for a while.
Son, everything I am saying is relevant. Here it is this man is trying to be the poster boy for black relations and community yet he can't even keep his house in order. Again, I said I agree with some of the things he said, but when a person is being a HYPOCRITE (something you know all too well), it is only logical to point this out. We can also go into the fact that Bill DID play those roles and how his influence on the media and TV may have actually CAUSED some of the problems he talks about. Remember Fat ALbert? Do you know how many stereotypes were in that cartoon?

http://www.octobergallery.com/paintmagazine/pages/news_fat-albert.html

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Fat Albert's Lessons For Cosby

By Earl Ofari Hutchinson, BlackNews.com columnist

In the movie, Fat Albert raps, utters goof ball inanities, and engages in slapstick antics with his gang. Some of his gang guys talk jive, some of which is barely comprehensible as English, prance, swagger, and appear to be type A under-achievers. The movie could be written off as silly, Animal House adolescent fare that mercifully will fade quickly at the box office. But Fat Albert was culled for the big screen from the long running 1970s cartoon series, Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids. As its predecessor, Fat Albert is Cosby's latest big jab at young black male stereotypes. That jab, however, must be measured against Cosby's self-appointed one man crusade against slouch pants, slurred verbiage, gang banging, dope smoking, educational rudderless young blacks.

When the furor first hit, Cosby backpedaled slightly and claimed that he was not making a grand indictment of all young blacks, just those who fit the slacker profile. To his credit, Cosby has put his money and actions where his mouth is. He has hosted town halls in black communities, shelled out some bucks for scholarships, and upped his contributions to historically black colleges.

Yet on every occasion that Cosby has mounted his moral high horse, his words belie his disclaimer that he's only chastising misbehaving young blacks. In a CNN interview in November, he unloosed another broadside against young blacks for their profanity, and dysfunctional behavior. He did not qualify his tirade with the words, "most," "many," or "some" before "young blacks." In his Washington Post column the day after Christmas, William Raspberry chided Cosby for "yelling" at blacks.

If a few members of Cosby's on screen Fat Albert gang can display some of the behavior that drives him up the wall, why can't Cosby see that while some young blacks do display that same behavior off the big screen that doesn't mean that they're all prime candidates for the cemetery or a prison cell? The kids in Fat Albert's on-screen world aren't the universal every young black.

In Cosby's skewed vision of the real world, they are. Despite his kind of, sort of, disclaimer, Cosby still refuses to credit the majority of black youth and their parents for doing the right thing in school and on the streets. And they do.

In June 2004, a month after Cosby's initial outburst, a U.S. Commerce Department report found that black high school graduation rates hit a record high. Eighty percent graduated. Equally significant, the number of blacks graduating leaped ten percent from 1993 to 2000. That was double the increase on non-Hispanic whites. A survey of student attitudes by the Minority Student Achievement Network, an Illinois-based educational advocacy group in 2002, found that black students were as motivated, studied as hard, and were as serious about graduating as whites.

Though far more young blacks than whites are in prison, on parole or probation, the overwhelming majority have avoided the dead end cycle of crime, drugs, gangs, and violence. According to the National Youth Gang Survey in 2001, slightly more than one in ten young blacks self-identified themselves as gang members, and the length of time they were in gangs was less than one year. The survey also found that the fastest rise in gang membership was among young whites.

Many young blacks have seen the personal and social devastation that the streets have wreaked on friends, relatives, and acquaintances and they want no part of it. The black students that tumble through the educational cracks do so not because they are stupid, lack ambition, or are terrified of seeming too smart. They fail because they are trapped in crumbling, underserved public schools, stocked with inexperienced, insensitive, or indifferent teachers and administrators, and lack parental and social supports. While most young blacks do not self-describe themselves as gangsters, many do identify with the swagger, clothes, rhetoric, sex and violent antics of gang members, and some rappers. This further fuels public belief that all young blacks are thugs, and, of course, educational losers.

Some poor young blacks can't read or write, join gangs, deal drugs, terrorize their communities. Many whites, Hispanics, and Asians also engage in the same type of foul-mouthed, destructive behavior. Yet Hispanic and Asian American leaders, public officials, and community activists, unlike Cosby, don't publicly mistake their misbehaving young persons as being the singular standard bearers of conduct in their communities. They have not made the negative behavior of some Asian and Hispanic youth a racial rather than an endemic social problem. Cosby has done that with black youth.

The characters in Fat Albert represent the good, the bad, and the ugly among young blacks. But Cosby didn't and still won't admit that young blacks off the screen represent as much, if not more, of the good than the bad and the ugly.

Earl Ofari Hutchinson is an author and political analyst. He is the author of The Crisis in Black and Black a featured columnist for Alternet and BlackNews.com and African-American newspapers nationally. He is the publisher of The Hutchinson Report Newsletter, an on-line public issues newsletter.

For media interviews, contact:
Mr. Hutchinson at 323-296-6331 or [email protected]

:dead:

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
TWO THINGS

Dyson also calls Cosby on his own moral failings. Since Cosby’s behavior sometimes has been less than that of a moral exemplar, he should have a little more compassion for those whose lives have been so much more difficult than his own, argues Dyson.

AND

In truth, most whites let themselves off that particular hook long before Cosby got around to doing it. It has been a very long time since whites, en masse, have appeared eager to take responsibility for the ills of America’s inner-city ghettos.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7806414/site/newsweek/

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
THE PROBLEM STARTS WITH FUNDING FOR EDUCATION IN POOR CITY AREAS...or shall I say, the LACK of funding....

As well as the exploitation of the culture in the first place.

White America thought it would be great to make bank off of gangsta rap and all that shit, not it's IN the culture, and it's IN our society....

If you crackers didn't want it to happen, you shouldn't have FUCKED things up MORE.

FUCK HONKIES.

Aug 6, 2006
Bill Cosby is one of those old ass losers who fell out of touch with the black community a long time ago.. One must keep in mind that Cosby is far from a Marcus Garvey or Malcolm X.. This dude has been a house nigger ever since High School and there's no way that he can understand the plight of black people. In no way is he a sociologist and his views are in no way sociological. Actually, instead of blaming whites, he blames blacks. You can't blame anyone! It's a legacy and instead of being a critic, he needs to figure out solutions, be a problem solver instead of a judge. He actually sounded like he's embarrassed and frustrated. He's doing more to hurt us than help by being emotional and not objective, or even subjective...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Cosby has MONEY. That's what people need to keep in mind. People change when they get RICH. It's no longer about the people, it's about their money.

That's the way the Capitalist system makes it. It's a competition, every man (or woman) for himself. It's no longer about black, white, brown etc, it's about green. That's one thing that people in this country can agree on, is that MONEY is a "good" thing...at least, most people think this way.

I disagree with money being a "good" thing, but it can help, but only because we've made it a necessity in our society, rather than doing away with it, and finding a better system.