Top Dawg Ent. Mega-thread (Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay-Rock etc)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
1st y'all love Kendrick. Now he's overrated. Niggaz can't have shit. Rappers will thank him later cuz he's gonna have people start rappin again. Might not last that long but I'd rather hear rappers try to spit fire than spit that Molly trap shit.
he as an artist/lyricist aint overrated, but this whole ordeal is. niggas wont start "rappin" again either. that shit is over, only a select few will drop memorable bars consistently.
as long as molly rap, trap rap sells thats what niggas will do for the most part.
what makes u think he didnt talk to the cats he mentioned in the verse already and let them know it wasnt nothing? rap is wrestling.

Jan 18, 2006
The funny thing is most rappers from the South have to just sit back and watch cuz most just cant spit like that. However as long as hoes and teeny boppers are the main ones purchasing music rap will forever be watered down simple as can be bullshit, Kendrick did wake people up though and that line will be remembered 10 years from now i can tell u that much

Apr 20, 2005
he as an artist/lyricist aint overrated, but this whole ordeal is. niggas wont start "rappin" again either. that shit is over, only a select few will drop memorable bars consistently.
as long as molly rap, trap rap sells thats what niggas will do for the most part.
what makes u think he didnt talk to the cats he mentioned in the verse already and let them know it wasnt nothing? rap is wrestling.
I was just surprised at the negativity from some people. I just thought it was good for hip hop. Bringing competition back, skill wise vs. who gets paid the most.

Feb 8, 2003
i guarantee you he talked to all them named those his friends and this was a publicity plan by him and big sean to try to get big sean and jay electronica a buzz but nobody even talking about big sean or jay electronica verses at all everyone talking about kendrick verse. only thing now is he got alot dudes who name wasnt mentioned pissed and its funny hearing them make these diss tracks lol. noticed though kendrick only mentioned the pussy rappers and not teh real street ones. its only a matter of time before one them real east coast rappers that desperate for publicity confronts kendrick though to try and take advantage of this for a worldstar hip hop moment. its 2013 you cant really do shit like this no more without someone taking it the wrong way then wanting to get serious. he shouldnt have used the king of new york line imo bc them new york niggas get extra sensitive over that line.

with that being said i wasnt impressed with kendricks verse at all.

Feb 10, 2006
that's why I really don't fuck with rap no more cuz they are all just too sensitive nowadays. Kendrick is here to stay and whether old school or new school just deal with it cuz he is that good

Apr 20, 2005
I'm confused as to why this simple verse is stirring up this much discussion. There was nothing personal said, plus he prefaced the whole thing with a compliment of sorts or at least a " this is just some rap stuff I'm about to say".

I guess this just speaks to the force he is in the rap game right now.
I bet all kinds of people who don't care about lyrics is you tubing this shit as we speak. Just cuz the name dropping alone. People at work that don't even listen to rap at my job love the verse. and it just came out like 2 days ago. And I'm in Korea. I'm sure it's bonkers in LA, NY, & ATL. Get ready to hear 50 different versions of this. The only rapper I would like to hear go at Kendrick is Cory Gunz. Everyone else should fall back

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I bet all kinds of people who don't care about lyrics is you tubing this shit as we speak. Just cuz the name dropping alone. People at work that don't even listen to rap at my job love the verse. and it just came out like 2 days ago. And I'm in Korea. I'm sure it's bonkers in LA, NY, & ATL. Get ready to hear 50 different versions of this. The only rapper I would like to hear go at Kendrick is Cory Gunz. Everyone else should fall back

if you werent mentioned in the song your response is not needed. theres been like 10 so far & everyone has looked dumb as fuck so far.

also lol @ big sean saying he felt he had the best verse smh

Jun 23, 2005

according to the internet he mocked a bunch of styles,

1:05-1:12 mocking B.O.B. style
1:13-1:27 mocking T.I. style
1:27-1:45 mocking Kanye style
1:45-1:57 mocking Jay-Z style
1:57-2:20 mocking Drake style
2:20-2:40 mocking 2 Chainz style
2:40-2:55 mocking Lil Wayne style (frm everything hip hop)

Feb 8, 2003
big sean a pussy ass nigga. he too much on his own dick to realize that no one really gives a shit about him like that nor talking about him lol you wouldnt even know that was his song bc its all about kendrick. thats just like putting in work fixing a big ass meal thyen someone comes in put salt and pepper on the meal and get all the credit for it lmao. also he set himself up for failure when he said he can out rap jay-z and kanye. if you listen to every big sean video he always say he the best rapper or ride his own dick.

Props: battle619
Feb 8, 2003
im lost to why all these non relvant rappers keep responding. imo if you not from new york or named then you shouldnt be making no responds. only ones taht came raw was cassidy, jr writer and mysonne. all the ones that can rip k.dot like jadakiss, styles p, ghostface, methodman, raekwon, 50 cent, nas, jay-z, ll cool j, etc arent gonna make no tracks bc they not gonna fuck with it bc they cool with him or under same label/management so imo kendrick won this and looking real good right now.