Too Short vs Pooh Man beef

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I WAS A BIG POOH FAN GROWING UP....HE HAD ONE OF THE FUNNIEST LINES EVER IN A DISS SONG....

STOP SPENDING ALL YO CASH AND FIX YO TEETH/
SHORT DOG MUST LIKE BEING UGLY/
CAME AT A NIGGA WRONG/
LIL CAVITY CREEP RUNNIN ROUND WITH NIKES ON/

I CRACK UP EVERYTIME I HEAR THAT JOINT...
SHIT ANYONE GOT CONTACT INFO FOR POOH???ID LOVE TO GET HIM ON A SONG..

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
lmao that line from 'Aint No Love' got all the rappers beefin with Short sayin that shit.
Interviewer: So, I heard Too Short got his grill fixed?
Rappin Ron: Yeah, and he shoulda got some gold ones..

'U know u done fucked up' on Amerikkkas Nightmare was tight too..

Aug 5, 2002
quote by slicc ricc:THERE ARE 2 VERSIONS OF "FUCCIN WIT DANK"... I LIKE THE VERSION OFF OF "PHAT BLUNTS:RAP UNDA THE INFLUENCE"...

yeah the og version is on MC Pooh's album "life of a criminal" then he had the remix on "funky as i wanna be".....always been one of my fav bay rappers...

peace,
Dubl-Z

Jun 27, 2002
PressPlay Prod. said:
shit i didnt kno who cougnut was til i seen the murder show dvd. that doesnt make me less of a person, just because i dont know/ didnt kno who a person was. alot of cats from the bay dont kno who is who in the bay area music scene. so dont look down apon a person who doesnt kno much about sumthing. just school them on game.

WAAAAAIT.....you from fillmoe and you DIDNT KNOW WHO COUGNUT WAS>>>>>>WTF

wow.......man i know from fuckin Tampa Bay that knew about cougnut, and you from THE BAY AREA...

its must be an age thing or something...you gotta be like 15-17 or some shit...wow i cant get over that...cougnut was a frisco rap originator man...wow

you say you only knew cats that rapped from ya block...you mean NO ONE EVER PLAYED COUGNUT, TALKED ABOUT COUGNUT, .....wtf.....

i'd quote gabe but im lazy....but you get the point....

wow....you didnt even have to be into rap and you knew who cougnut was....shit

there was an old song...might be before your time....its was called "Scandalous"
your older brother MIGHT have heard of it......it was way back when we used to listen to those plastic things you might have seen around your house, they were called cassettes...

Jun 3, 2004
If anyone's wondering about the diss songs, here's all the ones I know about:

Pooh Man - "Judgement Day" (dissing the whole Dangerous Crew), "Ant Banks Diss" (obvious), "Studio Gangsta" (dissing Spice 1), and "Backstabbers" (dissing Mhisani a/k/a Goldy) all from his Judgement Day CD, 1993

Too Short - "Get In Where You Fit In" from the 1993 album of the same name. Short, Ant Banks, Rappin' Ron, & Ant Diddley Dog all diss Pooh hard. "Woulda never been shit without the badass Banksta..."

Pooh Man - "Intro" and "Ain't No Love," from the 1994 album of the same name.

Ant Banks - "Fuckin' With Banks" from The Big Badass from 1994. Mhisani and Short join him on the track. Probably the most harsh of the group, because Pooh and Banks came up together.

Spice 1 - "You Done Fucked Up" from Amerikka's Nightmare, 1994. My favorite track out of this whole group. Devastating. "Bend over and the hoes will laugh/Cause you show a big fat stanky crack in that ass"

Bad N-Fluenz - "Intro" from their 1995 album. It's a short skit where a news reporter makes fun of Pooh's arrest for attempted robbery.

But apparently they made up, as Pooh and Banks did a track on the first T.W.D.Y. album. "How am I livin', playa? It don't concern that ass." - Pooh

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
damn it musta have been wierd during the filming of Menace 2 society since Pooh and Short were both in that movie

Apr 25, 2002
i think Pooh Man first went to the pen for robbery in the O.then after when he was livin in Modesto,he got caught robbin some more.that was like 6/7 years ago tho.........

and to answer the main question,i think the fall out with Short and Banks and them was money issues..........

Feb 5, 2005
$HORT AN BANKS RODE ON HIM HARD.....

ANT BANKS - BIG BADASS
TOO SHORT - GET IN WHERE U FIT IN

BOTH OF DEM CDz R CLASSIC, AN MUS HAVEz ( IN MA OPINION )......

IF U DONT GOT'EM GO PIQ'EM UP .......

-GEEzUz

May 2, 2002
thankz a lot 4 all the info... money is always the issue, i should have guessed!
to be honest, tough i got most too short albums i kinda agree with pooh-man when he talks about banks producing the same beat over and over hehe