Thizzler.com Bay Area Freshman Top 10 list being released today at 5pm

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
HD the only person on the list that really has somethin discernibly novel about what he's doing at the moment. It's somethin to point at for him right now but I feel it indirectly discredits his real effect and relevance to be lumped on a list w/the other people that got it.

Congratulations to everyone tho.

Sep 25, 2008
HBK Skipper and HD the only ones I heard of and was really feelin'. I've been trying to not give up on the Bay for the longest, but it's gettin' harder as the years pass. I'd rather see a couple dope artists come out the Bay than a handful of wack artists.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
if it wasn't for the siccness i would have no idea who HD is.

i've always found it semi funny that the stuff that the siccness members claim is the "hottest shit out" is usually stuff that no one else even knows about.
LMAO, kinda like G-Mo Skee?

I mean really, Nobody knows who dude is outside the bay and probably the siccness.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002

i've always found it semi funny that the stuff that the siccness members claim is the "hottest shit out" is usually stuff that no one else even knows about.
I've met ppl in El Paso Texas that fucks with HD bearfaced music, your argument is invalid.

Jul 4, 2011
I'm surprised that 99% of y'all ain't heard of A-1 or Shady Blaze... they're anything but wack. A-1 should have been nominated 2-3 years ago, it's good that he's getting the recognition now though.

As far as people who should have made the list, IMO Blast Holiday, Joe Blow, AG Cubano, etc. should have taken the place of anyone on the list not named HD, G-Mo, A-1 or Shady Blaze. I met Blast for the first time the other day and he's probably the most genuine and humble rapper I've ever met along with being one of the most talented. The vast majority of the other rappers on that list ain't hustled to be where they are nowhere near as much as Blast, Joe Blow, A-1, HD or AG have... like someone else said this list clearly is not based off of who's doing the most to get the streets talking or the blogs buzzing.

Jul 4, 2011
And those of y'all saying this contest doesn't mean shit are only half right... it doesn't mean shit in the streets but what it means is that the list will more than likely be reblogged on a lot of other blogs that don't specifically cater to Bay Area rap fans, ergo the list is reaching an audience outside of the Bay. The contest is about gaining exposure within the crowd of people who are most likely to spend money on your project or your concert tour, i.e. the people who read and write the blogs like southernhospitality/cocaine blunts/smoking section/etc. This contest really doesn't have much of shit to do with the streets, which is unfortunate because the streets are a huge part of the Bay Area rap scene. The reality though is that the streets have no relevance in the greater hip hop world at this point outside of a select few major label rappers... look at the indie rappers who have blown up in the last couple of years (Charles Hamilton, Danny Brown, etc). Rappers like Danked Out, Blast Holiday, Young Gully, Joe Blow, etc. are the losers in this situation... they're lyrical rappers who take their craft seriously but they're going to be glossed over by an industry that glorifies the dumb aspects of the streets as opposed to introspection. There's a reason why all of the rappers like them who preceded them stay within the "Bay circuit" (the Bay, Ohio, KCMO, Houston, etc)... that's the market that actually appreciates the kind of music we make.

May 8, 2011
And those of y'all saying this contest doesn't mean shit are only half right... it doesn't mean shit in the streets but what it means is that the list will more than likely be reblogged on a lot of other blogs that don't specifically cater to Bay Area rap fans, ergo the list is reaching an audience outside of the Bay. The contest is about gaining exposure within the crowd of people who are most likely to spend money on your project or your concert tour, i.e. the people who read and write the blogs like southernhospitality/cocaine blunts/smoking section/etc. This contest really doesn't have much of shit to do with the streets, which is unfortunate because the streets are a huge part of the Bay Area rap scene. The reality though is that the streets have no relevance in the greater hip hop world at this point outside of a select few major label rappers... look at the indie rappers who have blown up in the last couple of years (Charles Hamilton, Danny Brown, etc). Rappers like Danked Out, Blast Holiday, Young Gully, Joe Blow, etc. are the losers in this situation... they're lyrical rappers who take their craft seriously but they're going to be glossed over by an industry that glorifies the dumb aspects of the streets as opposed to introspection. There's a reason why all of the rappers like them who preceded them stay within the "Bay circuit" (the Bay, Ohio, KCMO, Houston, etc)... that's the market that actually appreciates the kind of music we make.
Agreed but a contest like this in this place should reward hard work over who the tastemakers have an interest in. Look at the list of tastemakers I know alot of them cats and I know whos interest they represent. There are groups within the tastemakers that obviuosly control it. Fuck it Dank didnt care. I did. listen to track number 1 on his cd "Fuck a list Im the leader of the new school" we dropped that may 20th. Im gonna keep hittin these spots where they fuck with raw dope shit and gettin this money just like you said brody.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005

I know people who listen to hd outside of the siccness, never heard of one person talk about g-mo skee except for on here. Only other dude I've heard of on or off the siccness from the list is hbk skipper

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
I've met ppl in El Paso Texas that fucks with HD bearfaced music, your argument is invalid.
*sigh*

my point was that one person's experience doesnt make it everyone's experience. i personally don't recall hearing anyone talk about HD outside of siccness. others personally dont hear people talking about g-mo skee. simply stating that YOU have only heard of someone on one website doesnt mean that it's the same for everyone else.

Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
the funny ass thing about HD is that his approach to the business side of music is probably not the strongest. but the caliber of his actual music floats his whole movement and that says a lot in this day and age.